[3.2] Trickster, The 1 True Flicker

Sorry meant to say the crit leech on atizir's acuity doesn't stack with over leech. But given a high enough effective crit chance (ex. 70%) that means when ur on full hp less that 1/3 of your crits will leech. But yeah, I hate running sybil's cause there's so much more potential you can get from a ring.

Also some hopefully accurate reference math if anyone's curious: If let's say a rare mob reflects 15%, your average hit with an abyssus is 84k and with an 86% effective crit chance and a 500% crit multi, that accounts for around 94k dmg on a crit. If you crit on said rare mob with that number you're getting 14k damage reflected back at you. With fortify that drops down to 11k, and with yugul's that's still 7.7k, and finally with sybil's you drop down to 2.1k. PoB puts your leech rate at 30k so divide that by your aps (13) and you get 2.3k life on hit. This was calculated using average boss damage, but if you're using the average hit damage on non boss mobs, the average hit damge goes 96k damage on an average crit, so multiply all the reflect values by 1.15 and there you go. And then you still have to multiply all that by the increased physical dmg of abyssus. Maybe I'm missing something but yeah. Should also factor in cwdt immortal call when considering reflect so you don't necessarily need to come out on top with your leech vs reflected dmg. As long as you don't 1 shot yourself and can leech back to full life before immortal call ends you're fine.
Last edited by SilverXa on Sep 13, 2017, 11:00:50 PM
nice guide, nice build, perma flicker on boss and full charge, i replaced abyssus by starkonja for more life and avoid one/two shot due to physical increased by abyssus, rat's nest useless here

add iron reflex with kaom's roots (14 to 22% physical reduction)
Thank your for the support and glad you like it. I switched to starkonja a while ago which I think I added in the update section, can't remember. I also mentioned in a comment that I grabbed iron reflex thanks to a suggestion from someone else. Recently just replaced the Kaom's roots though and liking the change. Able to get a cwdt setup as well as move a buff over to one of those sockets to add faster attacks to leap slam for faster map coverage and I am loving it.
Hi
Thanks for the build, I am 57 and trying to follow your guide.
I have a question regarding the use of flicker. There is a little cooldown when my char stop juping from targets to targets, so I cannot spam it. I am ground slaming as a filler.

Do you have some advice on the gameplay ? The lack of crit chance is the main problem isn't it ?

I liked very much the cyclone part of the leveling too. I switched to flicker at 51 with the terminus sword I could afford. Was it a mistake ? I felt underpowered a bit with flicker comparatively to cyclone (same gems : Multistrike, Melee splash, and melee phys).

Maybe you could update the main post with the advice you poured in the discussion ?
The leveling part is always lacking (IMHO) in the builds I read, could you develop more this part ? With a noob in your mind ;-)

Again thanks for the build, flicker strike is fun to play.
A leveling section has been added, hope that helps.
Thanks the leveling part is clearer.

Maybe you could add the part where you explain the main steps and starting skill nodes to take.
When do you take the Vaal Pact node (by example),
If we need to start left and up, then go down at the end.

When you talk about before level 22, what would you recommend as main skill and weapons ?
(yes I ask trivial questions)

Don't forget to tell about the bandit part. Alira I guess ?

As a noob the leveling part is always a pain in the .... So thanks for your help
Yea sorry man I just don't have the time to get too much in detail. There are some youtube videos on best leveling uniques and I just used frost blades until cyclone. The tree is preference, you just need your frenzy and power charge nodes when you want to start using flicker. Sorry I can't be of more help, I will be on stream after I grab some food and will be happy to answer any questions there.
First off I would like to say that this build is fun and very strong. I have some questions though about it which I have not been able to figure out. Since you have taken unwavering stance, why didn't you also take iron reflexes? The Trickster path also increases evasion chance but since the build takes unwavering stance, it is wasted. By taking iron reflexes you could increase Survivability. Taking it adds 16% phys dmg reduction which is huge. That will also increase as I finish the last 2 labs.

Also I have been using a 5L BoB with cyclone to support the build with really good results. This build is already a good cyclone build on its own so adding it has been good. I use it to get out of situations in a controlled direction. Opening strong boxes and the like is much easier.

For leveling this build I would suggest double screaming eagles with ice blades till you can use 2h with cyclone. At 44, use rigwald's charge until you can use terminus. This allows you to make use of the 2h wheel which can easily be completed by 44. Since you should have completed your first lab well before that and using a 6L no mana cyclone, rigwald's creates a HUGE damage boost easily taking you to 51 and the terminus. Begin using flicker skill to augment cyclone until the builds crit is flushed out and then primary flicker with cyclone as a backup. I personally use flame dash as my movement skill but im going to try leap slam for some kicks to see what happens.

Again thank you for posting this, it is well done and is very entertaining.
Last edited by Couger2274 on Sep 16, 2017, 12:17:14 PM
Thanks for the creative build! I love the shadow class, and figured it could be more suited for Flicker than Slayer/Gladiator, but everyone instantly assume Slayer is best due to the leech. How viable do you feel this build is for tier 10-11 maps?

You've convinced me that Trickster is a cool way to go since you get a lot of bonuses from reserving 100% of your mana! Would this make the DPS comparable to the Slayer due to the stacking of Hatred and Heralds, or give the build better utility?

Lastly, have you ever played an Assassin Flicker build? And would you say the Trickster is vastly superior now after the nerfs to assassin, or could I keep your build the same, make some minor tweaks and run a viable assassin? Would love your feedback. Thanks!
"
Couger2274 wrote:
First off I would like to say that this build is fun and very strong. I have some questions though about it which I have not been able to figure out. Since you have taken unwavering stance, why didn't you also take iron reflexes? The Trickster path also increases evasion chance but since the build takes unwavering stance, it is wasted. By taking iron reflexes you could increase Survivability. Taking it adds 16% phys dmg reduction which is huge. That will also increase as I finish the last 2 labs.

Also I have been using a 5L BoB with cyclone to support the build with really good results. This build is already a good cyclone build on its own so adding it has been good. I use it to get out of situations in a controlled direction. Opening strong boxes and the like is much easier.

For leveling this build I would suggest double screaming eagles with ice blades till you can use 2h with cyclone. At 44, use rigwald's charge until you can use terminus. This allows you to make use of the 2h wheel which can easily be completed by 44. Since you should have completed your first lab well before that and using a 6L no mana cyclone, rigwald's creates a HUGE damage boost easily taking you to 51 and the terminus. Begin using flicker skill to augment cyclone until the builds crit is flushed out and then primary flicker with cyclone as a backup. I personally use flame dash as my movement skill but im going to try leap slam for some kicks to see what happens.

Again thank you for posting this, it is well done and is very entertaining.

First off thank you for the support. Now, I am already taking iron reflexes just have not updated the guide although it is updated on my character profile. As for belly of the beast, very strong option and have tried putting it in to the build but we just lose valuable amounts of life. Once your crit is high enough you wont need cyclone for any map except maybe some t15s and guardians. Also to use cyclone is really simple just replace flicker (obviously), melee splash with Ruthless and multistrike with Maim. No need for another gem setup. Now leveling.. idk if you saw my new leveling section but I have tried rigwalds charge and is crap compared to cauteriser even with the nodes. With that being said, the majority of the nodes are strictly 2h weapon nodes minus the crit sword nodes on the right side of the tree. If you just wait to grab those until you get terminus then you will be fine. Glad you are enjoying it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info