[3.2] The Snowblind Cospri CoC Assassin - Projectile based CoC

what do you think about frostbolt ice nova and vortex now?
my take on this build as scion (assasin+deadeye)

https://pastebin.com/80781QuZ

this should be pretty insane, 8.4 attacks per second, 94% effective crit rate
should be
800k dps from freezing pulse
600k dps from ice bolt

Theory

Cospri 0.15s cd
CoC 0.15s cd

Spell Cooldown
0.15 sec without Cooldown Reduction
0.12 with 20% belt
0.0975 with 20% belt and 15% boots (hard to get both and hard to abuse it since you would need like 10.3 attacks per second and 100% effective crit to take full advantage.

0.12 crits per second at 8.33 attacks per second at 100% crit chance

So the ideal setup should be

1st Cospri -> Freezing Pulse, Spell Echo, +1 more support
2nd Cospri -> Frostbolt, Spell Echo, +1 more support
Body Armor -> Cyclone+CoC+Arctice Breath/Ice Nova/Ice Spear

Socketing more than 1 trigger Spell per Cospri/CoC does not make much sense anymore since it is hard to crit more than once per 0.15, 0.12 or even 0.0975 seconds to trigger both spells.

Before it made sense since CoC put a 0.5 cooldown on the trigger spells and you would pretty much always crit more than once in the 0.5 second window. Now you can always trigger the same spell.

Freezing Pulse, Ice Bolt, Ice Spear, in part Arctic Breath are all projectile attacks as well

Ascendancies:
Assassin - only way to use power charges well
Juggernaut - easy way to reach 94-95% hit
Champion - has 100% hit when he hits once
Scion-Assassin+Deadeye - gets power charges and additional projectile

"
Spoiler

should be
600k dps from ice bolt

Theory

Cospri 0.15s cd
CoC 0.15s cd

Spell Cooldown
0.12 with 20% belt
0.0975 with 20% belt and 15% boots (hard to get both and hard to abuse it since you would need like 10.3 attacks per second and 100% effective crit to take full advantage.

Socketing more than 1 trigger Spell per Cospri/CoC does not make much sense anymore since it is hard to crit more than once per 0.15, 0.12 or even 0.0975 seconds to trigger both spells.

Before it made sense since CoC put a 0.5 cooldown on the trigger spells and you would pretty much always crit more than once in the 0.5 second window. Now you can always trigger the same spell.

Freezing Pulse, Ice Bolt, Ice Spear, in part Arctic Breath are all projectile attacks as well

Ascendancies:

Due to server tickrate being 33ms, there are more than simple CDR stacking and counting how much you crit per second. The maximum amount of cooldown reduction you need is only 14% (T2 on a belt) with 7.57crits per second , anything above it is pretty much useless, since the next breakpoint would need like 27% CDR at 15,15aps along with maxed out effective critchance (or 7.57aps with 54% CDR what is pretty much impossible right now) - what is not realistically achievable or effective anyway (I would rather increase my critmulti/coldpen/cold dmg instead).
Also you are wrong on socketing Spell Echo in Cospris, Trigger gems and items ignore spell echo gem. Best setup in Cospris would probs be Freezing Pulse/Frostbolt/Arctic Breath + Hypothermia + Cold Pen/Controlled Destruction.
"
d3s0 wrote:
"
Spoiler

should be
600k dps from ice bolt

Theory

Cospri 0.15s cd
CoC 0.15s cd

Spell Cooldown
0.12 with 20% belt

Ascendancies:

Due to server tickrate being 33ms, there are more than simple CDR stacking and counting how much you crit per second. The maximum amount of cooldown reduction you need is only 14% (T2 on a belt) with 7.57crits per second , anything above it is pretty much useless, since the next breakpoint would need like 27% CDR at 15,15aps along with maxed out effective critchance (or 7.57aps with 54% CDR what is pretty much impossible right now) - what is not realistically achievable or effective anyway (I would rather increase my critmulti/coldpen/cold dmg instead).
Also you are wrong on socketing Spell Echo in Cospris, Trigger gems and items ignore spell echo gem. Best setup in Cospris would probs be Freezing Pulse/Frostbolt/Arctic Breath + Hypothermia + Cold Pen/Controlled Destruction.

33ms is stll just 0.033s which should line up well with 20% cooldown reduction which brings down CoC and Cospri cooldowns to 0.12s

if the server tick was indeed exactly 0.033s it seems to me like 12% Cooldown reduction would be the best you can achieve since that brings the cooldown to 0.132 which is 4x0.033

This would mean the optimum is ~7.57 attacks per second at 100% effective crit rate.

However at 35% CDR (Belt and Boots) you get your cooldown to 0.975 which also lines up well with the server tick rate of 0.033 as 3x0.033=0.999.

So 12-34% CDR -> ~7.57 aps
34-35% CDR -> ~10.1 aps

How do you get to 54% CDR? Isnt 35 the max with Belt+Boots?

And how do you arrive at 15,15 aps at 27%CDR? 27%CDR brings CoC/Cospri to 0.1095 cd which would require 9.13 aps at 100% effective crit chance. Even if you had less effective crit chance you would probably still want to line up your attack speed exactly with the cooldowns of CoC and Cospri so you always hit right after it comes off of cd.
Last edited by Quizzlemanizzle on Dec 6, 2018, 7:47:23 AM
So, is this build 3.5 viable again? Maybe with some adjustments? :----)
"
Swagger_tron wrote:
So, is this build 3.5 viable again? Maybe with some adjustments? :----)

yes but the uniques it relies on are rare and thus potentially expensive

not a league starter, also probably better as a mapper and mediocre boss killer.

Reading the Bonechill Support I guess it would make a lot of sense to use Arctic Breath and Bonechill along with Freezing Pulse and Frostbolt.

Arctic Breath creates chilling areas and chills which increases Freezing Pulse and Frostbolt by the amount of chill

https://pastebin.com/jN7DNYgX
Last edited by Quizzlemanizzle on Dec 6, 2018, 9:34:03 AM
"
Pingouragan wrote:
I’d really like to play this in 3.5. Does someone know if it still works ? I’m kind of a noob

Actually you can play a budget version of this build, just use ornament of the east claw instead of cospri's malice, it will grant you 100% chance to hit like with lycosidae, this also frees up your off hand slot, I recommend using saffel's frame, lioneye's remorse, rathpith globe, sentari's answer(for mf) or rare shield. The pandemonius will be expensive, but you can use rare amulet+abyss jewel with blind on hit(this is really helpful for staying alive), this way you can start league with this build and clear all content with some upgrades
I like the idea, but won’t it be hard to crit enough ?
Also does anyone have an updated tree ?
"
Spoiler

should be
600k dps from ice bolt

Theory

Cospri 0.15s cd
CoC 0.15s cd

Spell Cooldown
0.12 with 20% belt

Ascendancies:

I played around with your build in PoB and this is the result:

https://pastebin.com/pRg0F5tE

I'm open to criticism since I haven't actually played a CoC build before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info