[3.2] The Snowblind Cospri CoC Assassin - Projectile based CoC

"
Hi, I'm having trouble leveling this build. I' m Level 54 and i'm having trouble with my tabula set up. Any tips on how to get to lvl 68?

I didn't level with a tabula, I used a 4 link rare, so I'm not sure where your trouble is coming from. But all you need to is get 2 jewel sockets and put in the freeze pulse threshold jewels, then level using freeze pulse with any support gems that support its damage (some people like elemental focus, I don't since I find chilling/freezing useful for defense and I like the sound of Herald of Ice). The links I used were:

Freeze Pulse-Added Cold (could use Ice Bite)-Spell Echo (could use faster casting as I know echo feels clunky to some people)-Life Leech.

Using two Tulborn wands is a big damage increase and will take you to 68 easily. You shouldn't need to worry about defensive stats except for life, and resistances. Armor/Evasion/Energy shield are basically irrelevant at this stage of the game. Additionally, if you have the links, using a blade vortex set-up for single target helps greatly as freeze pulse falls off.

Using a Tabula you could use the same gem set-up and Hypothermia + Added Cold/Ice Bite, Though what I prefer to do (since you already have enough damage), is to have my blade vortex added into the link to share the support gems.

Play style:
- Vs Trash = Freeze pulse -> run forward if enemy is dead and repeat / stand still or kite back if enemy isn't dead and repeat.
- Vs bosses, don't trigger the fight right away. Rev up 20 stacks of blade vortex, then walk up to them to start the fight. Run in circles around them to dodge their damage and cast blade vortex while they're in their attack animations.
"
Have u guys played with different skill combos?
Which combo do you think is best for boss killing, since mapping is easy with this build.
glacial cascade+frostbolt
gc + freezing pulse
fp+fb
I think he made the build before 3.1 and the new jewels for glacial cascade.
cheers

GC + Frostbolt seems to work the best for bosses, but it involves swapping out 2 Frostbolt gems and 2 frostbolt jewels from the passive tree. Not really time efficient imo, but for atlas completion you gotta do what you gotta do.
Last edited by Xaivteev on Jan 8, 2018, 9:48:16 AM
"
Lunatyk wrote:
It is hardcore viable somehow? Any1 had tried it?

depends what you mean by hardcore viable. Potentially every build isn't hardcore viable depending how strict you are about not dying and what content you intend to do.

However, I will say that in softcore I only died once while leveling (vs act 10 Kitava, which is doable deathless - most people level to 70 in hardcore before doing it, I hopped in at 66) and have since only died once to a detonate dead chest in a tier 10 map. So, with a bit of game knowledge and the money to fund this build, I feel fine saying it's hardcore viable.

It ticks all the boxes I normally have for HC:
- at least 6k effective hp
- maxed ele resistance
- a source of leech
- defensive layering (in this case blind, dodge, chill/freeze, cast when damage taken set-up, endurance charges, fortify)
- sufficient damage (in this case, sufficient for mapping. While you can boss with the build, it's not a build made specifically for bossing)
"
stig2016 wrote:
Hi for levelling, can you recommend a 4 link for the freezing pulse i can work with? thank you

What I used:
Freeze Pulse-Added Cold (could use Ice Bite)-Spell Echo (could use faster casting as I know echo feels clunky to some people)-Life Leech.

What you can use: Freeze Pulse + Anything that adds damage to freeze pulse + optional Life Leech (if you're like me and don't like having to push flask buttons other than my quicksilver and silver while leveling.)

Also helps to have a 3/4 link blade vortex set up for single target, as freeze pulse is pretty lack luster for that. Blade Vortex-Spell Echo- + damage gems.
Last edited by Xaivteev on Jan 8, 2018, 7:45:31 AM
"
Techticx wrote:
thx for responding so fast i overlooked that i tought it was just the life and mana leech myabe you can anwser another question was wondering if useing 3 skills would be usefull replacing 1 frostbolt for an ice nova or frostbomb or would that be to much of a dps loss

It would be too much of a dps loss, however, what you can do is put your shield charge in gloves that give faster attacks support, then link it with fortify-cast on crit-frost bomb. While frost bomb has no purpose in mapping, against bosses it gives you a damage boost, and since you're shield charging approx every 4 seconds anyway (to keep fortify up), you'll have almost 100% up time for the frost bomb as well.
I found ur build and i like it, but lycosidae ~300c is gg wp (<10c last league). It could be cheap and effective build, but this shield broke it. I need to farm currency for this one. But anyway ill try ur great build, thank you!

p.s. do u have any ideas for this build till i have no Lycosidae?
"
p.s. do u have any ideas for this build till i have no Lycosidae?

Well, mathil did a dual cospri's Scion last league, it should still work until you find a lyco.

A spell damage/crit shield works but you have to get a lot of accuracy on gear to feel decent, and it's not as great as lyco.
"
zlDez wrote:
1. What do you think about replacing hypothermia with corrupted empower lvl 4? It will provide both Freezing Pulse and Frostbolt + 3 levels (especially when we are using lvl 21 skill gems) and the damage should be really significant. But I am not sure about losing 39% damage to chilled enemies from hypothermia. Wanted to give it a try but lvl 4 empower is quite expensive.

Replacing a level 20 Hypothermia with a level 4 Empower in Path of Building results in a DPS loss.

"
zlDez wrote:
2. What do you think about changing hypothermia to Lesser Multiple Projectiles or Greater Multiple Projectiles? The damage will be lower, but the clearspeed should be much faster. Additionally thought about using Dying Sun, but it is not a good choice with The Wise Oak due to balancing resistances.

This build already clears very fast seeing as Frostbolt has such a huge range. If you are planning on just fast map clearing with this character you could use dying sun by just having fire res undercapped without the flask active (and still equal or less than your cold res while the flask is active).

"
zlDez wrote:
3. What do you think about using Atziri flask? +15% chaos damage gain is quite much. I replaced Onslaught flask, since we already have onslaught support gem, and it seems to be working fine. The damage seems to be much higher.

If you feel you can get away without only one life flask you can use the Atziri flask as it will give you a lot of damage and some life leech (also has great synergy with the The Green Dream / Nightmare Jewel as it will give you more leech when the flask is active).
Last edited by archi257 on Jan 9, 2018, 1:48:34 PM
"
archi257 wrote:

-10% Elemental Penetration Enchant on Boots from Uber Lab. (Amazing for Bosses)
-Better Cospris (Higher Cold Damage to Spells rolls)
-Get Fingerless Gloves with Spell Damage instead of Lab Enchant, Huge Dps increase if you combine the damage you gain on all 4 Spells.
-Level 21 Frostbolt X2, Level 21 Freezepulse X2 (Insane damage upgrade)
-Level 21 Herald of Ice (Minor Dps upgrade)
-Power Charge on Critical Support 20% Quality.
-Opal Ring with Cold Damage, Max Life and Crit Chance.
-Stygian Belt with Good Spell damage Abyss Jewel.

Those are the things i saw at a quick glance.
Good luck! :)
IGN: ZeddAC
Last edited by zeddius on Jan 9, 2018, 7:29:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info