[3.15] For Scion - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Also, do we really need Vaal Pact? By not taking it, we could save 6 points, invest them in life regen nodes and run Blood Rage.
"
Also, do we really need Vaal Pact? By not taking it, we could save 6 points, invest them in life regen nodes and run Blood Rage.

Vaal Pact is not necessary in yellow maps but once you progress into red maps, it is a different story.
So, I tried making a character based on this build, but it seems my damage is a bit underwhelming at the moment. Could you perhaps look at my character (Naerhi) and see what I can improve?
I am quite new on this game, and i havent tried your slayer version yet. I am starting from scion, and so far i am doing good (lvl 71 atm). Armor seems become the real problem because devoto and Bron was evasion based gear (devoto give few armors thou), also we are using 2H weapon, so no shield. How you mitigate the armor problems in this build ? By spamming the Lion Roar Flask ?
I have started this league very late and built the slayer version. It is extremely awesome and as great as advertised. However, at this point the cost of getting a six-link chest piece is stupid high. Considering not having to run fortify gem for Scion setup would it be better to run with scion instead? I guess the real question is: is a 5L Slayer better than a 5L Scion? Is there a noticeable difference or roughly comparable?
"
Nathrall wrote:
So, I tried making a character based on this build, but it seems my damage is a bit underwhelming at the moment. Could you perhaps look at my character (Naerhi) and see what I can improve?

First thing, check out the flask section for recommended setup. Flasks are very important as they boost damage and survivability.

Rare boots will help you better than Redblade so definitely look into replacing that.

Your belt needs an upgrade too. Either Rustic or Vanguard. Even a leather based belt is better than what you are using now.

Get those jewel sockets. With life % and physical damage % jewels, they will boost your stats considerably.

If you have chromatics to burn, you can roll 3R2B1G on your Bronn's Lithe. It will give you significant damage boost. Main drawback, 5 off colors is going to be painful to roll.

"
aphaoooo wrote:
I am quite new on this game, and i havent tried your slayer version yet. I am starting from scion, and so far i am doing good (lvl 71 atm). Armor seems become the real problem because devoto and Bron was evasion based gear (devoto give few armors thou), also we are using 2H weapon, so no shield. How you mitigate the armor problems in this build ? By spamming the Lion Roar Flask ?

3000 armor is recommended stats and if you feel you want more armor for survival, you can pick up Iron Reflexes from the skill tree.

Basalt (or Taste of Hate) flask + granite flask will greatly improve your survival too. Check out the flask section for recommended setup.

Casting Enduring Cry next to packs before engaging them will further help.

You can replace Carnage Heart with a rare amulet with high life roll. Scion is not lacking in damage.

"
RiftHawk wrote:
I have started this league very late and built the slayer version. It is extremely awesome and as great as advertised. However, at this point the cost of getting a six-link chest piece is stupid high. Considering not having to run fortify gem for Scion setup would it be better to run with scion instead? I guess the real question is: is a 5L Slayer better than a 5L Scion? Is there a noticeable difference or roughly comparable?

There are players who link fortify to leap slam when they play Slayer and with a 5L chest. They managed to kill Shaper with that setup. Drawback is that you need to monitor your fortify buff and ensure it is always up.

For Scion, it requires Vaal Pact so play style is a little different from Slayer. You have to be in constant combat to survive.

But in terms of damage Slayer EO > Scion > Slayer non-EO.

In terms of survival: Slayer > Scion
so i have a question. i am doing fine clearing maps furthest one i have gotten so far is a 7 but any time there is any type of elemental reflect i just get deleted. what gives cant figure it out
Hi

The AXE does it need to be linked.(6S only)

I have never play Scion before and want to do this league as a starter.

Any thoughts if GGG will Nerf build and gems used.

Build relay looks cool.
Last question will latency have a big influence here with play style.(180-186 ms EU server London from South-Africa)

Now we have to wait and see what changes are made to which build's.
"
tHeSaNeOnE wrote:
so i have a question. i am doing fine clearing maps furthest one i have gotten so far is a 7 but any time there is any type of elemental reflect i just get deleted. what gives cant figure it out

Wear Sibyl's Lament ring on your left ring slot and pick Soul of Yugul. This way you will have 65% reduced elemental damage.

Pop Ruby flask before you engage the elemental reflect mob.

You can check out FAQ section in the Slayer guide for the screenshot on how the aura of an elemental reflect mob looks like.

"
jgundlach wrote:
Hi

The AXE does it need to be linked.(6S only)

I have never play Scion before and want to do this league as a starter.

Any thoughts if GGG will Nerf build and gems used.

Build relay looks cool.
Last question will latency have a big influence here with play style.(180-186 ms EU server London from South-Africa)

Now we have to wait and see what changes are made to which build's.

It does not require any linking. Just 6 sockets will do.

I don't foresee any nerf to existing build but its still too early to tell. We have to wait for the patch notes of 3.1 to really know.

In terms of ping, the molten balls from the weapon makes it more forgiving to play the build on a high latency. But if you are going to farm Uber Lab, you can consider picking Slayer from the Ascendancy and link Fortify gem to Leap Slam.
Kira,

Thanks for replying to so many people. I hate to add to the requests, but I was wondering if you'd look at my Scion. I can't quite survive Uber Lab, and can't yet beat Atziri reliably, but I've not had issue clearing lvl 9 and 10 maps. Damage seems to be no issue at all.

I know I need to up survivability, but until I get more currency I can't take big steps (Xoph's, for example, is probably out of reach unless I get some lucky currency drops). What I'd like is some advice about what gear upgrade or two I should be prioritizing at this point.

Part of it is practice avoiding Uber traps, and activating enduring cry and potions more quickly, but I do think there's definitely space for gear to improve. Thanks in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info