[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

I do need to get myself another set of stash tabs so I can set up my sales. I have some gear I need to unload, but in general I keep the more universal pieces of levelling gear because I play more than one character and like to twink 'em out.

You're not the first person so intensely suggest decoy totem, however. Maybe, just maybe, there's something to it. I'll do my best to find a gem slot for it.

I always keep an eye out for good vendor recipe stuff. I pick up every chromatic I see (because I end up blowing hundreds at a time on a single item quite regularly) but I also grab random rings and amulets and other things to fill out the 2c recipe. What I've stopped picking up, though, is yellow items in general.

If I'm finished with a map and I have inventory space left, I fill it with whatever yellows I can see, but more often than not I've a bag full of chromatics at the end of an area. Should I drop them and prioritize picking up yellows instead?

Maybe I just need to change the way I value my currency. I'm all for spending a Jeweler's or a Fusing here and there on upgrades, but turning dozens or hundreds of them at a time into spending money, and thus leaving myself without enough for their actual uses, I dunno. feelsbadman.
"
StandardFiend wrote:

You're not the first person so intensely suggest decoy totem, however. Maybe, just maybe, there's something to it. I'll do my best to find a gem slot for it.

Maybe I just need to change the way I value my currency. I'm all for spending a Jeweler's or a Fusing here and there on upgrades, but turning dozens or hundreds of them at a time into spending money, and thus leaving myself without enough for their actual uses, I dunno. feelsbadman.

Decoy Totem has become my MVP, I am quite new to the Endgame aswell and the Decoy helps so much!

Try a Lootfilter to know what may be worth picking up. I play with neversink on semi-strict.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1246208
"
StandardFiend wrote:
I do need to get myself another set of stash tabs so I can set up my sales. I have some gear I need to unload, but in general I keep the more universal pieces of levelling gear because I play more than one character and like to twink 'em out.

I always keep an eye out for good vendor recipe stuff. I pick up every chromatic I see (because I end up blowing hundreds at a time on a single item quite regularly) but I also grab random rings and amulets and other things to fill out the 2c recipe. What I've stopped picking up, though, is yellow items in general.

If I'm finished with a map and I have inventory space left, I fill it with whatever yellows I can see, but more often than not I've a bag full of chromatics at the end of an area. Should I drop them and prioritize picking up yellows instead?

Currency stash tab and quad stash tab could save a lot of space :)
Sounds like you've got the correct priority for loot, so that's fine.

When crafting, do you use Vorici's bench? It can save you a lot of jewellers and fuses. I've wasted orbs only to realize it would have been half the cost to use the bench.

I will say that if you're coloring and socketing all your low level characters, that's where your money has gone.

8 jewellers = 2 fuses = 1 chaos (actually cheaper if you buy fuses in bulk from masters)
10-11 chromes = 1 chaos

So if you're spending 100 chromes at a time, that's ~10c. Spending chromes is important on your main, but if you're wasting them on twinking you won't get a return on the investment.

I wouldn't say to convert all your currency to chaos, but just remember they also have value and it adds up fast. It's easy to feel poor and then notice your 24 fuses = ~12 chaos and suddenly you can afford that 12c jewel if you convert 14 fuses to 7c.

When making purchases, you can ask the seller if they'll accept part of the payment in a currency you have extra of (alch, fuse, jewellers, regrets) and as long as you do the math and err on the side of giving them a tad more, they're usually happy. I did this a bunch when I was poor and the purchases were < 12c (so I'd do like 7c + other).

Srsly, grab an essence ring, rebalance your resists with some cheap gear or swapping crafted resists, and that will free up a slot for the totem.

Currency stash tab is the best thing I ever bought in PoE. Divination and Essence tabs are also good but not as necessary.
Last edited by AgnateHeartstone on Sep 20, 2017, 8:20:51 AM
https://pastebin.com/0s7LiamB

Is there anything obvious I can improve with decent results?
I can do everything except Shaper and Uber Atziri ( I cant even survive Room 1). But those are the things I want to achieve.

Would it be the most effective to just farm what I can and when I have enough Currency to convert to the LL Variant?

Or is a +1 curses on enemies Amu + Witchfire the way to go?
Last edited by remurdered on Sep 20, 2017, 9:57:53 AM
"
remurdered wrote:

I can do everything except Shaper and Uber Atziri ( I cant even survive Room 1). But those are the things I want to achieve.

Would it be the most effective to just farm what I can and when I have enough Currency to convert to the LL Variant?

The Unshattered Will shield + Rumi's Flask maybe? That would boost your block chance up a bit and give you a little more life. I'm not sure if the Witchfire smoke cloud affects bosses. I also assume you're not running RF for these fights? Supposedly it's not worth turning on with the constant degen (at least from what I've read).

I can't give much advice beyond that since I haven't made it that far with the build, sorry.
Currency tab is indeed godly. In my standard league stash I think I had two full tabs full of scrolls before I bought the tab. No regerts on that one. My essence pool is pretty low, but I think I'll get the essence and divination tabs the next time they go on sale.

I'm not a fan of the aesthetics of the Neversink filter; I'm currently using One Filter to Rule Them All with some various personal modifications to the way some currencies are displayed to make them stand out more easily. It seems to be pretty good in telling me what to pick up.

And I do use Vorici for socket crafting. That greedy bastard still bleeds me dry of orbs though. I had a pair of gloves once that ate 175 chromes without getting me the correct colors, then another 30 or so of single chromes at a time to get it back to a usable state. I'm telling you, RNGeesus is not a fan of me. I wasn't even trying for off-colors, either lol. It was just asinine bad luck.

Also, I generally try to avoid spending any currency on my twinks. I bought decent leveling uniques that can work for any build, maybe 7-10c worth in total, but beyond that I only use currency very sparingly on them.

Maybe I should spam prophecies and hope for some Jeweler's Touch and such.

I may have made a bad impulse decision last night though. I sold my bad Splendour to try to recoup my losses on it, and the guy who bought it wanted to sell me a well-rolled 5l Belly. I payed 1ex and 5c for it. And that one ex was by far the Lion's share of my monies. But even if you value ex at 70c each, it was a better deal than the best deal on poe.trade for the rolls it had, so I couldn't stop myself...
"
remurdered wrote:

Hey, I was struggling for a while against shaper too. What worked for me was going for 2nd curse (idea was stolen from wesleycau). So after that i was using flammability+witchfire. I also used overflowing chalice and 3 health potions i think. Going for full damage worked out really good for me as he went down quite fast in all stages. If you dont have enough attack speed (for shield charging) try replacing one of the potions with movement potion to be able to move fast enough. I didn't do it deathless either.

Also you need to burn him with scorch and RF, just turn it on and off during fight when you need to regen. I tried doing shaper without RF and using unshattered will, but it was a massive failure (multiple times). Looking at your skill tree you could just drop off burn damage from the top wheel and change them to curse tree. Also drop off stone golem against shaper, and get some rallying cry or whatever gem that helps you more than the golem.

I can't give you advice about the uber atziri yet as i haven't tried it, but Im most likely giving it a shot tonight or tomorrow. So i can follow up with that later.
"
jehovax wrote:
"
remurdered wrote:

Hey, I was struggling for a while against shaper too. What worked for me was going for 2nd curse (idea was stolen from wesleycau). So after that i was using flammability+witchfire. I also used overflowing chalice and 3 health potions i think. Going for full damage worked out really good for me as he went down quite fast in all stages. If you dont have enough attack speed (for shield charging) try replacing one of the potions with movement potion to be able to move fast enough. I didn't do it deathless either.

Also you need to burn him with scorch and RF, just turn it on and off during fight when you need to regen. I tried doing shaper without RF and using unshattered will, but it was a massive failure (multiple times). Looking at your skill tree you could just drop off burn damage from the top wheel and change them to curse tree. Also drop off stone golem against shaper, and get some rallying cry or whatever gem that helps you more than the golem.

I can't give you advice about the uber atziri yet as i haven't tried it, but Im most likely giving it a shot tonight or tomorrow. So i can follow up with that later.

Ok Thanks! I made some changes and now have the witchfire setup aswell. Also bought better doryani and rotp. Looking at your flask setup your hrimnors really makes sense. I'll try to arrange my resis to maybe copy that. Until then I'll just work with anti freeze Ruby for regen instead of the RF off switch. But just for mapping. I want to finish this level before trying shaper again.
I look forward hearing about your uber Atziri "guide".

cheers

What gems should i socket in doriyani's? Or is the elemental proliferation bonus not used in this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info