Decay

I researched a little and apparently Decay was stronger in the 3.0 beta - didn't try it.
But unless it is still scaled by multipliers like from fire nova, I'm still not sure why that was/would be such a problem. Far as I can tell, it's significantly worse than dedicated dot skills, and the damage it deals, while high, requires investment you won't be doing unless you go for those DoTs, or other supports will rapidly outstrip it's utility. Could be useful on things like bear trap.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
I'll risk a double post here because I actually got a question.

In the beta, Decay was affected by a skills damage multipliers, like fire nova mine, but not base damage efficiency (like on fire nova mine) - or so some people said.
So, has that been fixed?
What is the damage actually scaled by?
Would things like "chance of double damage with heavy strike" also increase the damage of decay? Or it it strictly limited to increases from gear and passives and multiplying support gems?
(Trying hard here to make it work in some capacity)
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
I can't seem to find information on this anywhere, so I'm hoping someone here knows for sure. If I have decay linked to a minion that I have multiples of, let's just say zombies for sake of argument, does each minion have its own stack of decay? or can mobs only ever have one decay on them regardless of source (meaning the zombies would just be chain refreshing it over and over)?
Decay applies to the enemy. The enemy can be affected by one Decay at a time.
it is said that Decay can inherit tags from de skill that it is supporting, like minion, totem, duration, and so,beggin affeted by modifiers from those tags

does Decay can inherit de AoE tag?
If you socket Melee Splash and Decay on SRS and summon just one you'll see that when it hits the splash effect carries the decay to all targets hit by the splash. So, yeah, it is affected.
Does the Decay still can inherit duration tag from skills and than the 8 second could be increase by inc duration on tree / gem? Cause atm it seems it don't.
Also does breath of the council "chaos skill effect duration" increase that 8sec?
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
To compliment an earlier post about general reworks for Chaos damage, I'm replying to the individual skills I wanted to talk about. First post here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2155774

Chaos damage seems to fit into one of two niches: flat damage - used to scale Poison and Hits - and Damage over Time - for Poison, Decay, Essence Drain, Contagion, Blight and Death Aura. The Despair curse is even halved to fit these two niches, unlike the other damage-type-specific curses. Looking overall at the way damage seems to be balanced, Decay and Ignite are almost synonymous. So, we should see Decay become the on-critical ailment for chaos damage (and chaos damage only, poison...), and the Decay Support gem to be more in line with Chance to Ignite. Poison could even be separated from the Ailment status it's been given, and/or reworked significantly.
(More in-depth discussion of poison variety within its support gem thread)

First, Decay becoming the chaos-specific ailment unites our damage-type under it's Added Damage support gem - like all the others. Bigger hits cause bigger ailments, and having the Added Chaos Damage Support becomes vital to any chaos-damage build. Given the rarity of Chaos Damage, this added layer of damage over time included with hits is negligible, until you build around it, like every other damage type. Ignite recently went through a giant overhaul, because of burning damage versus ignite damage, and having Decay/Poison splitting chaos down the middle is doing the same thing here. Second, the Decay Support Gem feels like we need to step out of our element, in order to provide a layer of damage that chaos needs. Losing damage on Essence Drain to apply a secondary layer of damage feels like a compromise; at the same time, needing more than Essence Drain to apply decay, feels like a compromise. Having Decay become an ailment-effect on generalized Chaos Damage helps heal this compromise. Third, with Decay becoming an on-critical ailment, we're trading guarantee for variety. Building chance to apply into ailments is part of the fun of planning around them. With Ignite, you achieve a high-crit rate, or high ignite-rate, and it works, the same can be true of Decay. We don't need 100% chances to Decay - because only our highest one matters.
That thing is really puzzling to me....

So from what i could gather, Decay does inherit some of the skills gem tags it is linked with but not all.

Why? How?
I could not find a pattern or logic behind that, for instance, why does it inherit the Trap tag but not the projectile tag? How are you supposed to find out about this?

My main question though: Does the Skills damage effectiveness matter in anyway?

1.Will a Decay applied via Rain of Arrows (dmg 50%) only do half of its damage?

2. Will a Decay applied via charge up skills like Scourge Arrow or Blade Flurry a a different dmg value according to the charge up skills currant stage?

Esp the second question is important to me since i started really enjoying my SA linked with Decay for leveling. And i am about to dump the planned build in favor for a SA-Decay Trickster...

I know its mostly a dead support and a rather unpopular skill but its fun!

So any input here is very much appreciated!
Does Damage on Full Life affect this? I mean gem, not its quality. PoB thinks it does, wiki says doesn't, game says nothing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info