Storm Burst

I agree. Now running GMP but Single-Target DPS is still lacking.
I had HUGE hopes for this skill, the mechanics are great played it with cwc storm call so everything syngergized, Not enough damage. It completely fell off for boss fights and while I wasn't expecting it to be top tier meta there just simply isn't enough damage to make cwc an effective build with this.
It's not a cwc gem - no way. You have to time the firing times and can't take respect to the cwc needs.

For reaching the whole screen while clearing you need a long salvo, that works with cwc - but in boss fights you'll need short salvos, in near combat even shorter than cwc trigger time.

It feels a bit like a shooter with an uzi - brrt brrt brrt, the sound is similar.
I'm still leveling, but it already shoots about 18 balls / second. Boss damage depends much on triggering skill - but at leas it works with bosses where you shoot - move - shoot.

Still the skill could use some more punch.
"some more punch" ?

Look at my build and items, they should be public.

There is simply not enough damage for anything higher than Tier 6 Maps. Well, there IS, if you can handle 20+ Minutes Map-Bossfights.

Even for the Witch of the Cauldron (T5, Burial Chambers) it's simply not enough damage. At least if you want the Challenge / Tier-Bonus. It needs a _massive_ buff. I simply do not want to invest the time to build a new char from scratch (as I would need to sell my stuff to afford new things). I think that's it for me this season.

"
Fangschrecke wrote:
"some more punch" ?

Look at my build and items, they should be public.

As a non-crit build you should take 2 points to elemental overload to get a healthy 40% more buff.
And agains bosses a lightning penetration (many many bosses have elemental resits...) should deliver much more punch than an iron will, since the curse has much reduced effectivity when you need it most.

This together would deliver about 60% more punch, a couple of map levels.

Faster casting is a little bit meh, too, without quality - a controlled destruction gives more punch here, too.

For testing you could buy any leveled lighting gem since your build is a generic lighting caster and compare it directly. You use already storm call, but it doesn't use the GMP - ball lighting would be usable directly without recolouring anything.

That's what I did. I changed some Skill-Points around and switched some Gems.

Trust me, this thing is garbage.
yes , tried it too on an assassin , well it's fun and all but storm call does like 4 times more damage with the same aoe/lightning/crit nodes basic assassin skill tree hell, even arc deals more damage single target and i have the 2 clusters of AoE and arc isn't known for having decent single target
I have played a character who is using this skill since the beginning of the league now and here are some of my experiences with it. Keep in mind that all of the experiences are from my point of view and they may be different with other gear, skill tree and player skill level.

Leveling through act 1-10 using that skill was quite difficult, damage was lacking a lot and survivability was pretty poor (it was really tough to get both) but some of it could have been because i didn't find much good gear while going through the acts.

At around act 9-10 i started using sire of shards which helped a lot with dps against regular mob groups but against bosses dps was still pretty bad, doabe but you had to stand pretty much on top of the boss and fire short bursts to kill them.

Later when i reached maps i bought agnerod west and have been using it ever since. So far with a 5-link the dps is ok, not great but not as bad as some other skills i have tried and as i level gems and acquire better gear/levels it feels like its slowly improving.

So far i can kill normal mobs in one couple second "salvo" up to the start of red maps and in couple salvos in red maps, highest tier map i have completed was tier 13 if i recall correctly.
Dps at bosses is ok but not great, it can kill all bosses up to tier 10 with a 5-link but i found some red tier bosses like High Gardens which heal so much that it was impossible to kill it with my current setup.

AoE feels very good, so good in fact that once i get a 6-link im considering adding concentrated effect for more dps which i hope helps with boss dps.

Other than the above i think the skill could use a little buff but i have not tried it with a 6-link yet so can't say for sure yet how much that helps.
This was my league starter. Gear and build aren't all too important, but I pushed HARD into pure DPS (over suitability), and this thing just doesn't have enough DPS. I reserved a high % of mana and had even higher % mana regen, so when I held down my button it would fire a short volley and explode, then fire another and explode. That's the best I could do with the skill itself.
The best actual damage I saw was with CWC Storm Call... that was actually okay, and got me through some bosses.
Lightning Orbs are basically required for leveling.
I started the league using this skill and man... the dmg and AoE on it lacks ALOT!

My suggestion would be to drasticly increase its base dmg & aoe.

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info