Storm Burst

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Jan 3, 2024, 11:21:20 AM
Hello,

I've played with this skill in a party until about level 60 in Predictive mode. I've found that when the latency gets too high, around 200+-ish, and I double casted Storm Burst (by releasing the button and pressing it again with a frequency of about 0.2-0.5 seconds) and held the key down during the second cast, it would spit out on or two balls and explode them continuously while I was holding the button. This meant that I had to wait at least a second or longer to recast the spell, which really impeded on the gameplay.

Links on the skill at the time (not that it changed if I swapped gems):

6L -> Storm Burst, Increased Area of Effect Support, Added Lightning Damage Support, Controlled Destruction Support, Elemental Focus Support, Greater Multiple Projectiles Support.

Weapon was a one-handed sceptre with some cast speed, was using a shield with it.

Ascendancy was Inquisitor, with Merciless lab completed to Righteous Providence and Instruments of Virtue.

Skill tree: http://poeurl.com/bqj1

Hope this is enough!
Is there any limit on the number of explosions that can overlap on an enemy? Also, is it confirmed that more and increased projectile damage also affect the explosion damage?

I've been playing an elementalist, non-crit, version of this spell with Elemental Overload.
I have it linked like this:
Storm Burst-Lightning Penetration-Controlled Destruction-Added Cold (It's replaced by Slower Projectiles for single target)-Greater Multiple Projectiles

I have been using a Freezing Pulse-Curse on Hit-Conductivity-Arcane Surge setup to maintain Mastermind of Discord active (25% Lightning Penetration)

Not doing too much damage yet, but my gear sucks.
I like the skill, but it's incompatible with spell totem support. Is this intended?

At the moment the orbs just fly off, only exploding when the totems die. Recasting the totems kinda works, but then again not really.

I would really like to see storm burst being viable with spell totem support.
Please, any official word about projectile damage increasing the explosion damage too?
Ok, so I have not killed Kitava yet, but I already noticed there are some serious issues with this skill gem.

Firstly, there is a BUG where if I rapidly press right click to release two Orbs and explode them instantly, sometime the animation won't trigger, there are no Orbs coming out and it leeches my mana anyway. Very strange.

Secondly, the DPS is seriously lacking for bosses, I thought it would be good, even if not top-tier. But reducing this channeling skill to basically a melee attack. (Max-DPS is standing next to the Boss and letting one cast, two Orbs, go off). It needs a serious buff, it reminds me of my Arc-Scion, who had the same problem. I really don't want to switch to Storm Call for every Boss. (5L: Faster Casting+Contolled Destruction+Concentrated Effect+Iron Will+SB)

Thidly, there seems to be a graphic glitch in the Solaris Temple, but only in level 2. I have no screenshot, but the Orbs cause it, I believe. Basically I had blue-whiteish beams over my entire screen that flashed everytime I used SB.

__

Long story short, please fix the bugs and buff this gem.
Last edited by Fangschrecke on Aug 9, 2017, 3:25:56 AM
There is one mandantory support gem - greater multiple projectiles. It gives damage x 3 because of going from 2 to 6 projectiles without any drawback. The "Less projective damage" portion of the gem doesn't affect the explosions - which don't profit from + projectile damage otherwise.

The skill is all about the explosions, the balls don't do any notable damage themselfes.
Not a top skill at the moment.
HI, I want to ask:

Does the projectile damage also increase the area damage?

Guys, if u wanna know whether the proj dmg stuff buffs the skills damage just swawp in proj dmg nodes to check tooltip and then test-kill something with high life. U can time the kill but also see how fast their life goes down lol.
Msg me in game if u need build help :), 14k+ hours since 2014.
I believe the damage effectiveness may need to be looked at.
Last edited by Dimethyl on Aug 10, 2017, 6:32:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info