[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

New video: Chayula's Domain

I haven't done Chayula since 2.5 because it's too expensive and the clear speed was always a struggle. Until now. Now we have Spell Cascade! And it looks like Chayula breaches were made more common: I gathered 100 splinters on my own in 1 month while doing other things in the league. Plus there is an achievement for it now.

Other than using SC instead of CE for the clearing, I swapped Enfeeble for Flammability in the curse link.

It's all about constantly moving forward. Don't stop for longer than 1 sec to cast. Don't chase the spiders. Don't pick up any loot while clearing, of course. Just keep moving and casting on each pack and moving again. My regular mapping flasks work just fine here: Quicksilver for speed, Sulphur for damage.

The boss is a total pushover. Chaos damage LOL! And it gets perma-stunned by Icestorm if your tooltip is high enough. So the entire challenge is clearing trash faster than the timer goes down.

If you want to run Chayula, practice on Uul-Netol first. Don't risk this until you can keep the timer in Uul's Domain above 30 sec.

I'll add Breachlords to the Boss Guide.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 4, 2018, 12:59:18 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
One quick comment on your levelling guide -- I found Molten Strike + Ancestral Call noticeably stronger than Sunder plus a support gem.

So you think Molten Strike is better than Sunder for leveling all the way to 39?

I did Sunder in the previous league and Molten Strike (switched from Sunder around level 14) in this league, and I hit 39 noticeably faster in this league.

It's possible Molten Strike just works better for my play style. Or it worked well enough with the Abysses. Or I happened to find a better weapon. Or fire. Etc., etc.

I did seem to kill faster when I switched from Sunder to Molten Strike + Ancestral Call. I think I had 3 links in the early going, then switched to 4 fairly early.
Last edited by Graiaule on Feb 4, 2018, 2:59:05 AM
"
Graiaule wrote:
I did Sunder in the previous league and Molten Strike (switched from Sunder around level 14) in this league, and I hit 39 noticeably faster in this league.

It's possible Molten Strike just works better for my play style. Or it worked well enough with the Abysses. Or I happened to find a better weapon. Or fire. Etc., etc.

I did seem to kill faster when I switched from Sunder to Molten Strike + Ancestral Call. I think I had 3 links in the early going, then switched to 4 fairly early.

Added that option to the Leveling Guide. Thank you.
HI guys, I need some help with my character's survivability.

The DPS at the moment is quite good, however I have died to Merciless Izaro 2 times. The deaths happened when I'm close to Izaro, but are not caused by the leap slams or the charged hits, so after the death I'm often like "what hit me?".

My current HP is 1.3k, ES is 2.7k (with Discipline), Resists are all 75% (with Purity of Elements). I also run Vigilant Strike+Arctic Armor. What changes should I do to my gear/passive tree? The character name is CaimanBliz.

Thanks in advance!
Hey!

Trying this AWESOME build out. Building my tree right now, but I'm only level 83 instead of 91, which is what the skill tree posted for the CI version is. Do any of you guys know which nodes I should take first since I can't get them all yet for CI version?

Thanks SO MUCH in advance!
-Blood!!!
New video: Hall of Grandmasters (CI)

The final target for this league, the Hall of Bugmasters. It's a whole lot easier with CI than it was with Life. And Spell Cascade is just wonderful. Don't need to worry about DanziGG anymore, he's insta-dead now. Only need to be careful with the Gubben clones.

The most dangerous place is the end of the 2nd wing where you can often find scoli_gubben and Viscountess_Astelania. I completely forgot about her and almost got owned. She's the most dangerous of the 'gubbens' because she actually attacks (with some decent Arc) while still maintaining a very high block chance. I recommend aggroing that last batch and falling back immediately, then switching to the pure SR staff and frying them 1 by 1.

Boss Guide updated.
"
CaimanLizard wrote:
HI guys, I need some help with my character's survivability.

The DPS at the moment is quite good, however I have died to Merciless Izaro 2 times. The deaths happened when I'm close to Izaro, but are not caused by the leap slams or the charged hits, so after the death I'm often like "what hit me?".

My current HP is 1.3k, ES is 2.7k (with Discipline), Resists are all 75% (with Purity of Elements). I also run Vigilant Strike+Arctic Armor. What changes should I do to my gear/passive tree? The character name is CaimanBliz.

Thanks in advance!

You shouldn't be using Discipline before switching to CI. Use AA.

You need to stand still and pop a Basalt flask for Izaro. AA and Tukohama only protect you when you are not moving. Wait for his first attack and then hit him with VS for Fortify.

4k HP may not be enough for Merc Izaro if he has buffs on that day. And it's definitely not safe if you are not using AA and Basalt.
Hi, do you think its possible to hit enough times per second with this build to just use a watchers eye with "30 Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline" instead of relying on leech from vaal pact and zerker? or is the jewel not enough by itself?

also, do you know how many times per sec you can get this build to actually hit when you have mutiple casts going?

thanks
Last edited by scott4040 on Feb 6, 2018, 7:39:44 AM

got this little gem for 50c, had to put str on it just so I can make sure my str is above my dex for Coil but it was a nice little upgrade from astra. Maybe if I grow some balls I'll slam it but for now this makes me pretty damm happy. I lose some base int but it will have some nice scaling.
"
scott4040 wrote:
Hi, do you think its possible to hit enough times per second with this build to just use a watchers eye with "30 Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline" instead of relying on leech from vaal pact and zerker? or is the jewel not enough by itself?

No, especially against bosses.

"
also, do you know how many times per sec you can get this build to actually hit when you have mutiple casts going?

There is a Firestorm Calculator somewhere in the wiki. Icestorm uses the same mechanic. Depending on the size of the target, it can get hit up to 10 times per second (for the largest bosses such as Carcass) per storm. With 1700 Int my Icestorm lasts 5.87 sec. It's auto-cast by SR every 0.35 sec. Hence I can have 16 Icestorms going on at the same time after 6 sec of casting. That's 160 hits per second. When using SC during map clearing, this number can triple as long as there are enough targets on the screen.

In reality those peak numbers almost never happen because trash dies too fast, and most bosses are smaller than the radius of Icestorm, plus they rarely stand still.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info