[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Are you sure this works for each of YOUR hits on the enemy, as opposed to for each time the ENEMY hits YOU?

Yeah, it's definitely your hits, not hits received.

Funny, I was actually testing this just to make sure. I've went into late act 10 and jumped into middle of enemies, and I was like wtf I'm regening more when surrounded by more enemies, as they hit me, even when I'm not casting Icestorm, is it actually on enemy own hits?! Was I mistaken?! Turns out what was regening me like crazy was cwdt ball lightning hits from curse setup... Removed cwdt and it stopped immediately. It definitely is from your own hits, so it can be used to great effect with icestorm. :)

Oh boy! I didn't even think about CWDT BL hitting 5 times per second per enemy near you. So that's every one of those Abyss spawns healing you for 150 ES per second. Very nice for clearing and Abysses indeed. Doesn't make much difference against the bosses compared to Icestorm hits, but still nice to have.

"
Med1umentor wrote:
I can say because wording is exactly the same as implicit of low level claws "gained for each Enemy hit by Attacks" (only difference that claw have "by attack" condition, but jewel - don't).
Received hits worded as "when hit"

But yeah, because of this, i suddenly want to try this build.
Wanted to do it, because just want to feel that feel of immortality with standing still and casting, and VP nerf snatched that from me. Now it looks like we can very well expect this to be working again.

But if we are talking about CI version, i guess inquisitor will be better. I don't think that without cloak of savagery berserker is up to chalange him. If i'm wrong, please, state your opinion too, before i make terrible mistake.

Yes, that's what finally convinced me too: the wording is precisely the same as LGoH except not restricted to attacks.

Which class will be better remains to be seen. Elementalist is possible again too, with all her beautiful synergies! But I have leveled this Berserker already, and he kicks ass :)

The problem with the other classes is that they would require Life Leech gem and WM aura. You cannot rely on the Watcher's Eye, it's a supplement, but you have to do your own leeching first. There was a video on reddit of some 'chaos whisperer' (WI converted to chaos?) killing Minotaur with that jewel, and it was terrible, he couldn't tank it.

I'll check into the other classes when I have time later, but GGG already announced major Ascendancy changes for 3.2. It's probably not worth spending time on it now only to see it all change.

Cloaked in Savagery doesn't work with CI, it requires losing actual Life to trigger. I changed it to Rite of Ruin, just like the old CI Berserker was using back in 2.5.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 8, 2018, 11:31:13 AM
"
Med1umentor wrote:
Just checked trade site for ultimate jewel for that build.

22 Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline
Gain 16% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity

54 ex lol

Damn, those jewels are the most OP items that were added to the game in the last several years. But those prices... damn...

I'm not counting on ever getting that in a temp league. It's like the +1 Astramentis back in the pre-3.0 days. It's great, but way too expensive and totally not necessary.

Anything with ES gain on Hit will do, just ignore the other mod. I got lucky and saw this for sale for 1.5 ex:

So that's actually useful against Hydra and the Shaper, or in maps with +cold damage. Not really necessary, and you won't get that early in a new league either, but as a reasonable luxury upgrade it's be fine.

Of course, I'd expect it to be nerfed by the next league. Looks like somebody at GGG forgot why LGoH was restricted to attacks. But they will surely see their mistake soon enough.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 8, 2018, 12:30:54 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Which class will be better remains to be seen. Elementalist is possible again too, with all her beautiful synergies! But I have leveled this Berserker already, and he kicks ass :)

The problem with the other classes is that they would require Life Leech gem and WM aura. You cannot rely on the Watcher's Eye, it's a supplement, but you have to do your own leeching first. There was a video on reddit of some 'chaos whisperer' (WI converted to chaos?) killing Minotaur with that jewel, and it was terrible, he couldn't tank it.

I'll check into the other classes when I have time later, but GGG already announced major Ascendancy changes for 3.2. It's probably not worth spending time on it now only to see it all change.

Cloaked in Savagery doesn't work with CI, it requires losing actual Life to trigger. I changed it to Rite of Ruin, just like the old CI Berserker was using back in 2.5.

Yeah, exactly this. I never played WI build before, so can't really tell. What i know that absence of "cloaked in Savagery" lowering potential of berserker quite a bit. I concluded that you use berserker, because you already leveled up it, as you said... but what will you advice me, who is about to start new character tomorrow, disregarding the fact that you already leveled berserker?
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
"Radeon"?

You need a new GPU ( or new laptop rather).

I'm indeed need new laptop. But not because all those "radeon is useless" bullshit statements, but because my laptop already old.

I meant, if it's called "Radeon" than it must be old. AMD is fine. "Radeon" though if taken literally, means your laptop is basically a outdated potato.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 8, 2018, 2:18:29 PM
"
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
"Radeon"?

You need a new GPU ( or new laptop rather).

I'm indeed need new laptop. But not because all those "radeon is useless" bullshit statements, but because my laptop already old.

I meant, if it's called "Radeon" than it must be old.

Why? Even though radeon isn't ATI anymore, but AMD. It's still radeon.

For example, you can't say that AMD Radeon RX 500 Series is old.

Mine is old though :)
"
Med1umentor wrote:

Why? Even though radeon isn't ATI anymore, but AMD. It's still radeon.

For example, you can't say that AMD Radeon RX 500 Series is old.

Mine is old though :)

I didn't edit quick enough.

here: AMD is fine. "Radeon" though if taken literally, means your laptop is probably a outdated potato.

I'm not talking about a RX 500. Obviously a RX 500 should be fine. In other news, water is wet.

Multiple edits.: I'm the victim of semantics I guess. Yes the RX 500 is tagged with "Radeon". I shouldnt have to explain this.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 8, 2018, 2:23:39 PM
"

And no, it is not still Radeon. It's AMD.

Check the wiki. Radeon is trademark for graphic cards, created by ATI, later bought by AMD. They never changed actual name of trademark though. Or do you think that AMD calling their graphic cards just "AMD"? Don't confuse trademark with business entity (company itself).

You don't even need to go to wiki. Go to amd.com and into their graphic card category, you will see "radeon rx 400/500/vega", "radeon pro", etc

Added: Yep, no worries, it happens. At first i thought that your meaning was "don't use radeon, use GeForce like glorious master race" xD
Last edited by Med1umentor on Jan 8, 2018, 2:30:41 PM
I made own little variation of this build but Icestorm appears to crash my maps in a way they can't be entered anymore. This happens almost every map and no other build has done this before to me. So at some point i get suddenly disconnected and when i try to re-enter map via portal i get message "Failed to join instance because: Disconnected from server." and the map is gone.

Is this a common issue and is there a way to fix it?
Last edited by seizki on Jan 8, 2018, 3:00:50 PM
"
seizki wrote:
I made own little variation of this build but Icestorm appears to crash my maps in a way they can't be entered anymore. This happens almost every map and no other build has done this before to me. So at some point i get suddenly disconnected and when i try to re-enter map via portal i get message "Failed to join instance because: Disconnected from server." and the map is gone.

Is this a common issue and is there a way to fix it?

Yes, it is common issue that was repeatedly posted here.

The culprit is spell cascade. Take out that support gem and place something else, there will be no issues.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
New video: CI version gameplay

CI is back! Tons more fun than Life, and all that for a fraction of Kaom's price. I haven't even looked for decent ES gear that costs 1 ex or more yet. If I don't find any drawbacks in the next couple of days, I'll sell my Kaom's and buy some nice stuff for CI.

And thank you whoever mentioned that VP works with ES leech again! I missed the first month of the league and didn't know that they un-nerfed it.

Oh man if the CI elementalist return as a viable option that would be crazy , i saved this baby just in case
---

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info