[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
What about sticking with MoM but linking enduring cry with blood magic? That way you can always be able to cast warcry, even in no regain maps.

I have tried that, but after getting to yellow maps, it simply does not work well :( It's too twitchy - you have to realize that you are out of mana, then use warcry first, and after that you can use the skill you wanted to use in the first place. But this takes a precious time, and you may be already dead.

Besides, the BM gem occupies one gem slot, and with this build, you need simply every slot :)
- TroubiCZ
Last edited by trouba on Aug 9, 2017, 3:45:51 PM
Has anyone put their scorching ray gem into a 6 link soul mantle? Are there any downsides to this besides missing out on the "7th" slot efficacy gem? It would free up a whole 4 link for cwdt stuff. The only gem that doesn't apply looks like inc aoe.

edit. I'm talking about along with RF and all the supporting gems.
Last edited by schonsense on Aug 9, 2017, 4:18:26 PM
"
schonsense wrote:
Has anyone put their scorching ray gem into a 6 link soul mantle? Are there any downsides to this besides missing out on the "7th" slot efficacy gem? It would free up a whole 4 link for cwdt stuff. The only gem that doesn't apply looks like inc aoe.

edit. I'm talking about along with RF and all the supporting gems.

i did in 2.6 for some bosses since there wasn´t any useful 6th socket anyway. also works fine in a 5l six socket mantle just for the debuff.

Thats an option to have a extra 4 link or kaoms roots with the loss of some top end dps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Wow fast reply, thanks Milky, I'm really feeling this build. Up to t5 maps so far.
My skilltree lvl 88

- Bought the lioneyes remorse for 6 chaos
- Found the Gloves
- Found the Belt
- found a forbidden taste
- switched to Bloodmagic
- switched gems in my weapon
- bought the amulet for 1c
- sold one kikazaru for 2c and bought another for 2c (with better attribute bonus)

I feel a lot safer now with the lioneyes and better flasks. 5300 armour unbuffed, 17000 + basalt + endurance charges/immortal call help a lot against phys dmg.

I think about using a rare helmet with 100+ life and chaos resist because i already have a perfect granite flask with freeze removal (which i won´t reroll, i rather use it on another char or sell it).

So my next goal is getting a bit of chaos resist on my gear and better jewels, many still suck :P

A rumis or amethyst flask would fit in now. Rumis to replace the granite and amethyst with %armour for the stibnite. That would increase my overall survivablity again a lot in many cases.
But with that i would keep using hrimnors, except i reroll my basalt flask to freeze removal + -24%+ charges used (to sip twice)

about the Forbidden Taste Flask. With my -40% resistance i loose around 20% of my hp over the 4 sec duration (while gaining dodge/spelldodge). One warcry and its full :P

So in general i just use my enduring cry to heal, but as a "oh holy shit i fucked up" button it works even better. That thing heals me for almost 6k hp instantly, i don´t care for a dot afterwards if i survive ;)

With higher chaos resist or a amethyst flask (i think about using one instead of the stibnite) the dot is barely noticable.

Overall i kept everything pretty cheap, the most expensive item was 8c if i remember correctly (got a doc with every buyed item on my pc). I wanna keep it like that to save currency for other projects in the future ;)

My goal is still guardians/shaper but i am sitting at t11-13 maps atm with a few spikes up to t15. No guardian map drop so far.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 9, 2017, 5:16:12 PM
Is there any difference in % firedamage and normal %spelldamage on weapons?
"
Enterich wrote:
Is there any difference in % firedamage and normal %spelldamage on weapons?

Firedmg% works with firebased dots (burn, ignite), spelldamage not.
spelldmg only works for dots on some skills when its explicitly written on it, like scorching ray, vortex and essence drain.

So spelldmg won´t increase any damage of righteous fire or searing bond since they are considered burns

so only thing which matters is burning damage?
So i only have to filter for burning damage mod on poe.trade, because i have some trouble to find a good scepter ^^.

another question: if a weapon has +1 fire gem skills, this +1 counts for any gem not only socketed into the weapon right?
Last edited by Enterich on Aug 9, 2017, 5:32:26 PM
Hi guys, firstly thanks for the build!

Could some explain why Berserker was chosen over chieftain? Those totem buffs seem like a significant DPS boost.

Thanks
Has anyone done uber atziri with this build in 3.0 yet?

I just tried, 6.1k HP lvl 85 and I got REKT by the 2 vaals. They moved so much it was hard to totem them and each hit I took took me down to like 20% . pretty crazy

Maybe because my chaos res is -40% but im pretty surprised I got hit so hard, lol.

One concerning thing is my totems didnt seem to do very much damage to them but maybe it's because all my gems arent level 20 yet and I still dont have a doryanis
Last edited by kraytkiller1 on Aug 9, 2017, 6:50:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info