[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
mylogin7 wrote:
Does Soulmantle really so good in this build?
I look on this build like budget and with more levels up - I more and more dont see reasons to play with Soulmantle
We spent a jewels slots, 2 rings slots for specific items that dont give much defense and what we have?
3rd totem? 7th gem link?
Its just give damage, but damage already ok, 2totems for fast clearspeed is enough. Only 50% totem life looks good.
And we have much lesser variants with another gear, so find another gear(gloves, helmet...) with good resists much harder.
We have a lot of curses on self -80%, but this 20% anyway cut our stats
We have shit body armor without life and resists, that give ES that we dont need.

50% totem life = 50% pure demage

and 7 link too look good

y dont have too much damage on high lvl maps y need pure dps

if y dont wont use soulmantle use Tukohama's Fortress Ebony Tower Shield but this is too much expensive

when y have this shield y can dont use soulmantle
Hi Milky!
Why you are using:
scorching ray > spell totem > efficacy > increased duration
insted
Scorching Ray + spelltotem + Burning Damage + Elemental Focus
from 1st post?
"
TheLelik wrote:
Hi Milky!
Why you are using:
insted
from 1st post?

this is not for demage this is for debuff

ray using only on single target like boss for fire debuff him

this way increase duration prefer then demage
@tambeh

fire dmg to atks is not bad. Does nothing with ancesteal bonds and without AB,
orb of storms overwrites it.

@linus

Too early to tell whats the best strategy will be since they nerfed some popular maplayouts. It has the strength where others have the weakness, indoor maps ;)

in the end it doesn't matter.
I just unlock every map this league after that strand/shore/whatever route last league. I probably unfinish some really annoying maps later on or skip em, like underground sea.

Has worse xp/hour but great tierclimbing and highlvl mapsubstain, while havibg opal/steel ring drops as well ;)

@meloita

just watch out for gear with life and/or elemental resistance. ultimately you want 75% elemental resistances.

dont pay more than 1 chaos orb per slot at that stage of the game, you switch the gear later anyway.

For gems just take a look in the leveling section, i listed everything you need. If you can socket more from the gem section do it, but i wouldn't waste my currency to do so. Stick with the basic stuff and use your jeweler and fusing orbs for gear you aquire around lvl 60-70.

While i recommend saving currency, Transmutation, Alteration and augmentation orbs can be used relatively wasteful. Got a 4link blue item you need? use those and try to hit life and / or resistance.

Dont invest into the body armour and rings if you replace them with Soulmantle and kikazaru rings (use your chaos orbs for those).

@mylogin

+1 free link, good extra damage, extra totem for utility (3 with ab, 2 without ab and no need for traps), a lower curse resist cap (15 over max to be overcapped against dualcurse!), high liferegen, lazyness and you can ignore all curse related mapmods (haha to temp chains).

there are some benefits to that.

If you played with a mantle once you cannot go back!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
TheLelik wrote:
Hi Milky!
Why you are using:
insted
from 1st post?

i am testing setups.

If you guys look at my character keep in mind that i often switch gemsetups, respecc stuff on the skilltree and so on to test things for the guide.

For excample, atm i play around with bloodmagic again to feel the difference to mom with the character.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 8, 2017, 9:28:34 AM
Is there a reason why Pyre ring isn't mentioned more in the build? The 70-80% burn dmg seem really good. If you weren't using soul mantle and 2x kikazaru, would pyre be BiS?

Thanks!
bricked post

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 8, 2017, 9:43:26 AM
"
Nu66ie wrote:
Is there a reason why Pyre ring isn't mentioned more in the build? The 70-80% burn dmg seem really good. If you weren't using soul mantle and 2x kikazaru, would pyre be BiS?

Thanks!

its in the 2nd post.

I wanted to focus on one route with few gearing options for the mainguide.

Mentioning 6+ items per slot is just too confusing for newer player and it was a mess to read.

anyway, pyre are good dps rings. you can vary the gear like you want if you know what to do, nothing stops you.

Soulmantle + 1 or 2 pyre and flask curse removal works.
no soulmantle at all works, but its just too nice to have ;x

Pyre is not the BiS dps item, Opal rings with fire% dmg (essence craft) are way better with a slightly lower dmg ceiling but potential life and more resists.

The difference is the price ;)

mantle and kikazarus are a cheap, effective option for a lazy playstyle, everything else can work good as well but might be more clunkier to use.

Thank you milky for your reply!

As I understood, my suspect that storm of orb is not triggering any curse since I'm using ab is correct :/ I will switch to trap, until the moment I will switch to mantle and kikazarus, and then respec ab :)

Should I aim for a good mantle, or can I take a decent one (4 socket for example) and upgrade it later?
"
meloita wrote:
Thank you milky for your reply!

As I understood, my suspect that storm of orb is not triggering any curse since I'm using ab is correct :/ I will switch to trap, until the moment I will switch to mantle and kikazarus, and then respec ab :)

Should I aim for a good mantle, or can I take a decent one (4 socket for example) and upgrade it later?

ehm.

You can curse with Orb of Storms
You can crit with Orb of Storms (without even dealing any damage) to trigger elemental overload.
You cannot deal cold or lightning damage to trigger a beneficial Elemental Equilibrium with anscestral bonds skilled.

So if you have ancestral bond you need a trap for EE.
If you have no ancestral bond, orb of storms will also debuff enemys with elemental Equilibrium.

I unspecc Ancestral bonds with a soulmantle because the item grants +1 totem without the downside that we cannot deal damage (for EE). Its a quality life thing, so i have to do less in combat.

a 4link soulmantle is enough for a long time

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 8, 2017, 12:00:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info