[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Elemental Focus - Supported Skills deal (30-49)% more Elemental Damage
Supported Skills cannot inflict Elemental Ailments

Ignite is an elemental ailment.

It's a bit complicated, but basically ignites can stack, like a poison that does fire damage over time (burning) instead of chaos damage over time. So anything linked to Elemental Focus cannot apply an ignite, and this build sockets Ele Focus to both the RF totems and the Searing Bond. However, RF and Searing Bond both apply burning. They just don't apply Burning via an ignite.

If you want to switch support gems around, then it is likely the skill tree should be changed around too to allow for more ignite probability, ignite damage and ignite duration, and I have no idea whether it's worth the hassle.

I am not 100 % sure about the above, but I think that's the situation.
Last edited by Kastanj on Aug 27, 2017, 6:51:58 AM
"
Kastanj wrote:
Elemental Focus - Supported Skills deal (30-49)% more Elemental Damage
Supported Skills cannot inflict Elemental Ailments

Ignite is an elemental ailment.

It's a bit complicated, but basically ignites can stack, like a poison that does fire damage over time (burning) instead of chaos damage over time. So anything linked to Elemental Focus cannot apply an ignite, and this build sockets Ele Focus to both the RF totems and the Searing Bond. However, RF and Searing Bond both apply burning. They just don't apply Burning via an ignite.

If you want to switch support gems around, then it is likely the skill tree should be changed around too to allow for more ignite probability, ignite damage and ignite duration, and I have no idea whether it's worth the hassle.

I am not 100 % sure about the above, but I think that's the situation.

thnx

this way i dont wont change skill gems or tree points
this boots go to trash
I would just like to add that probably the biggest boost I got in the late game with this build, was getting a +1 curse amulet, and using vulnerability.

If I understand this correctly, vulnerability adds a '33% more damage' and is probably the single biggest dps upgrade you can get, especially if you dont have to waste skill points to get to whispers of doom.

The only drawback to it is that if you use it in the Orb of Storms 4 link instead of the increased crit chance, proc-ing Elemental Overload on single targets becomes rather unreliable, so I would recommend using a Witchfire Brew for bosses.

Kinda surprised Milky hasn't put emphasis on this in the guide, since I feel it gave me far more than Tukohamas shield, for only half the price
"
jovanmhn wrote:
I would just like to add that probably the biggest boost I got in the late game with this build, was getting a +1 curse amulet, and using vulnerability.

If I understand this correctly, vulnerability adds a '33% more damage' and is probably the single biggest dps upgrade you can get, especially if you dont have to waste skill points to get to whispers of doom.

The only drawback to it is that if you use it in the Orb of Storms 4 link instead of the increased crit chance, proc-ing Elemental Overload on single targets becomes rather unreliable, so I would recommend using a Witchfire Brew for bosses.

Kinda surprised Milky hasn't put emphasis on this in the guide, since I feel it gave me far more than Tukohamas shield, for only half the price

Kinda surprised Milky hasn't put emphasis on this in the guide,

Milky make strat build extremaly cheap
as they say hi dont wont spent to many chaos on this build

if y dont wont losing orb crot chance

use second curse as witchfire brew potion

Creates a Smoke Cloud on Use
50% increased Charges used
(25-40)% increased Damage Over Time during Flask Effect
Grants level 21 Vulnerability Curse Aura during Flask Effect
"
ntpphong wrote:
"
milk8888 wrote:
Hey Milky

just to let you know i killed Shaper.

I had to get a tukohama and then i killed on first attempt.

Now i'll work for uber atziri.

Thanks for the support.

How many times did you die? I''m playing HC and just bought tukohama's, but I'm having 2nd thought and posting it back for sale since it's not worth spending that much lol.

Hey bro, i died 2 times, both for bad positioning or slow dodge from big hits.
"
jovanmhn wrote:

a +1 curse amulet that has useful stats is quite expensive and i wanne keep the guide for those that have nothing, play on a budget or use it just as a starter.

i am pretty sure i mention dualcurse (or more) and other more expensive or alternative options in the guide ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
First, just wanted to say thanks for this build! After a totally failed start with a ranger build, this has gotten me to level 85 and T10 very quickly. While my damage is great, I am starting to feel a little bit squishy, especially against some map bosses. Obviously I need more life (Sitting at 5400, with two 5% life nodes coming up next), but just wondering if theres any other suggestions on where to go from here. I have about 10 ex so I can put a bit into the character. My biggest concern is scorching ray, which seems really situational and since im always avoiding damage I hardly use it. Is there a better defensive 4L I can use in its place?

My gear:
"
Ramus wrote:
Is there a better defensive 4L I can use in its place?

4l cwdt + immortal + molten shell + increase duration
Is there a way to check my totem damage? It's hard to tell if scepters are an upgrade or not.
"
PincheRed wrote:
Is there a way to check my totem damage? It's hard to tell if scepters are an upgrade or not.

only via path of building.

besides that searing bond dmg is a way to look at, since it scales with the same stuff except area dmg and totem life.
since sceptres only roll fire and burning dmg + dot mastercraft a dps increase in SB will mean a dmg increase for rft as well
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 27, 2017, 2:04:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info