Damage Over Time Changes - Part 2

Thank you GGG for the poison nerf. It was put in every build just because. I like change and a challenge unlike some others.
- I am a loot whore
"
Local Chance to Poison on Daggers, Claws, Swords and Bows

I just hope this won't trivialize the "Adder's touch" passive.
"
Rory wrote:

Instead, players and monsters now have a property called Damage Multiplier for Ailments from Critical Strikes

Because "Ailment critical multiplier" wasn't catchy enough.
"
Bully91 wrote:
i dont get it GGG you dont will that players have FUn in the game right ^^

For many people like me its the most fun to create new builds. So change major things keeps the game fresh. Atleast for me. :)
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

I like the shift to more ailments. That appeals to me deeply; I hope we see more resistances as well, since, surprise surprise, this is precisely how Titan Quest played it. Primary resists and secondary. Wouldn't be surprised if GD did something similar.

Grim Dawn did inherit a lot of mechanics from Titan Quest, so yes, primary and secondary resistances are there too. Like you said, it is not a surprise, but the Devotion system was a surprise for me in Grim Dawn.

Since GGG is going this route with overcooking, it would be nice to have bleed/burn/poison resists as the secondary resistances in PoE.
the devotion system was an extremely late addition to GD, and I suspect it probably was influenced a lot by PoE's passive tree.
Good stuff, very good stuff
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
"
SisterBlister wrote:
Jeez, do we now need a degree in sophistry to play POE?

I do not think it means what you think it means.

I mean, in my estimation, about 75% of this forum's population has a degree in sophistry.
"
eMbbuZomg wrote:
rip decay, ed gonna need some HEAVY buffs

No poison, no decay, half of support gone. Even quadrupling base ED damage can be not enough to compensate for the change...

And it's far from "mainstream" skill...

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
What will and will not apply to Righteous Fire?
e.g.
- 10% increased Damage over Time
- 10% increased Burning Damage
- 10% increased Fire Damage

...and a bit more information how Righteous Fire is defined.
Will decay gonna still be affected by the damages modifiers on the skill that aply it ? Let's show you my bow.

For example I have a very hipster Ascendant build using only decay damages to kill. I was using Ice shot to aply decay as it can be buffed by projectile modifiers and duration modifiers on top of chaos and dot modifiers.
Is it still gonna work after the rework ?
Last edited by IceDeal on May 3, 2017, 3:38:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info