[3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

Hiya, got a couple more questions wrt the passive tree

Is there a reason for switching the passive points from the 3 "Influence" nodes to the 2 "Nullification"?

Also, would you recommend going "Elemental focus" instead of the 2 intelligence nodes directly above it?

Did you pick up "light of divinity" for the stats only?

Thanks!
"
Retarjoe wrote:
So I just found out, that it really helps reading the comments sometimes.

I'm a new player, only played the game for a month or so, so when following guides, I tend to really gobble down all the info given to how the build works, but this time, I simply couldn't figure out why all the lightning dmg gems where required... until I read the comments, and found out it was because the weapons.

Thats my fault. I havn't been new to this game in so long I sometimes forget about new players and assumed knowledge. Have hopefully made it more clear now

"
Rendomize wrote:
Hiya, got a couple more questions wrt the passive tree

Is there a reason for switching the passive points from the 3 "Influence" nodes to the 2 "Nullification"?

Also, would you recommend going "Elemental focus" instead of the 2 intelligence nodes directly above it?

Did you pick up "light of divinity" for the stats only?

Thanks!

Influence and Nullification provide about the same benefit but nullification gives evasion and is one point cheaper, I originally took influence as my character was pushing purity of lightning to give +2% max lightning resistance but eventually decided that wasn't really worth it and most players would never get that anyway as it needed skyforth and a lvl 4 enlighten.

Math on skill point value
Spoiler

Light of divinity is just because its 20 Int for 1 point. As a shorthand for value you can import your build into path of building and see how much value nodes give. For my current character without legacy rings that node gives 2.1% DPS and 1.4% ES which is the best available

Elemental focus is trickier to quantify

Spending the 3 points to get two 8% damage nodes and focus gives a total of 6.2% damage for the 3 points spent

Spending 2 points on Int and then 1 point on attack speed gives 5.2% damage and 1.2% ES for the 3 points spent

These are so close in value that you could really pick either, focus has 1% more damage for 1.2% less ES but we generally do have enough defense. I lean towards Int because it gives us a small amount of mana and evasion rating (through shaper gloves). Also if you do happen to get ahold of a legacy perandus signet ring then the value on Int increases making it an easier choice to pick the Int path
Last edited by WaffleT on Apr 23, 2017, 5:30:32 AM
Hi i am new to this game.

I have a question may be stupid. How you ended up to have 3 auras Lightning Discipline and Elemental running at the same time, i check ed everything all mana reservation and etc. and still nothing

Can you please help

Thanks
Nvm i think i found out why^)
Hi, first of i wanted to say ty for this build, i've been trying it with a trickster because i already had a scion and so far is going great. Im suspicious that i wont get to 12k ES and neither to 1.8k int but i'll be close. I got some advices to level and what to use before getting the endgame gear.

This character was my first one in the legacy league and it was perfect for a league starter, the build is so solid that i had no trouble at all with lvling, managed to clear everything up to merc lab by my self. Thats says alot of ur build.

Ok so first of: i got 2 replacements for items before you are able to get your astramentis and second signet:
- Le heup of all: this will cover resis till u get atziri's splendour and give some good stats + is unique
-Carnage hearth onyx amulet: Same as before, cover stats and resis till atziri's + also unique

And third thing, since i dont have a decent lvled enlighten i wasnt able to pull off the triple aura untill i decided to spec out of the aura nodes near CI and put those points in the aura nodes near vaal pact and with that now im able to use triple aura with enlighten lvl 1.

Hope this tips help lvling every1, this build has turned out great for me so far, im having a blast, i hope this helps all the rest of u to try it out
Is going all the way down for Vitality of the Void worth it? We already have vaal pact.
Also, getting that close to the +1 additional curse and not getting it feels like a sin D:

Edit: Also2, would you have a Shavronne's Wrappings to test how bad would the energy shield loss be?
Last edited by roqueiromargarida on Apr 24, 2017, 12:55:31 PM
why do you use sapphire flask?
moooo
"
PatoMalo wrote:
Hi, first of i wanted to say ty for this build

Glad to hear you are enjoying it :)

"
Is going all the way down for Vitality of the Void worth it? We already have vaal pact.
Also, getting that close to the +1 additional curse and not getting it feels like a sin D:

Edit: Also2, would you have a Shavronne's Wrappings to test how bad would the energy shield loss be?

Vaal pact is useless without getting a good amount of leech and almost all of our leech comes from vitality void. We get some decent Int value on the way so its not even that bad travel but the good leech is pretty essential

Yes I have tried the build using shavs and going lowlife. You lost 2-4k ES for pretty much no benefit and it was really just worse then this version

Math on curses
Guardians/Shaper are very curse resistant. To do the math conductivity has 44% more damage but the guardian has 80% reduced effectiveness so thats 8.8% more damage for 3 points which is 2.9% more damage per point. This is lower damage per point then the better damage clusters like heart of thunder or arcing blows and about on par with the worst damage clusters like dark arts. Normal damage nodes however are active all the time while the curse damage is only active while the curse is active.

Normal map bosses have 60% curse resistance so for them the damage is 5.8% damage per point which is a bit higher then normal damage nodes average but also only works while the curse is active and not at all on curse immune maps so it has that opportunity cost attached to it. Time spent getting a curse up on them or until an automatic trigger triggers is lower DPS time.

Still if you like curses then thats fine feel free to take it

"
faids4you wrote:
why do you use sapphire flask?

The build needs a "immune to freeze" flask. Mine happens to be a sapphire flask as when you get frozen you are often taking cold damage
Last edited by WaffleT on Apr 24, 2017, 2:21:19 PM
Hmm, I see. I was thinking more about auras than curses, something along these lines www.poeurl.com/bhOG . Then using blasphemy+walords mark to make up for the loss of Vitality Void, some leech on the jewels since there are a lot of them and with the +~48 aura effect I think the purity of elements would cap the resistances by itself. Wrath would add a ton of damage or maybe a defensive one like Grace. But the energy shield hit from going Shavronne is too big :/
"
Hmm, I see. I was thinking more about auras than curses, something along these lines www.poeurl.com/bhOG . Then using blasphemy+walords mark to make up for the loss of Vitality Void, some leech on the jewels since there are a lot of them and with the +~48 aura effect I think the purity of elements would cap the resistances by itself. Wrath would add a ton of damage or maybe a defensive one like Grace. But the energy shield hit from going Shavronne is too big :/

Relying on warlords for leech would mean that the build could never run curse immune or guardian maps as you need leech in dangerous situations. You can't get lightning leech on jewels only physical leech and we don't use physical

When you have as much Int (which becomes base lightning damage) as this build has Wrath doesn't actually add that much. I think its 9% more damage so wrath only gives as much damage as about 3-4 damage nodes

Not bad ideas though as your tree looks quite similar to my plan when I started this character. I was originally using shavs and more auras and aura effect and gradually changed away from them as I realised it was less efficient until I wasn't using any at all
Last edited by WaffleT on Apr 24, 2017, 4:31:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info