[3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

Okay so i just killed Kitava and my resistences are low af 42% with purity of elements running am i missing some essential passive points or is there another way to cap my resistence?
"
PandoraBot wrote:
Hello, I've been leveling this build as a Scion/ST variant. However I'm having trouble getting max res, and looking through the endgame gear I'm confused as to how you get capped resistances without any res on accessories. Thanks

In Path of building you can look at resistance in the Calcs tab to see a breakdown. The scion version gets

+18% Nodes under scion
+10% Sentinel
+12% Elementalist
+8% Nullification

+30% Atziri's Mirror
+22% Atziri's Splendour
+35% Purity of Elements

Total 135

The chestpiece and the level 20 purity of elements + aura effectiveness nodes are generally the last things you get.

There are several ways to cover resistances while you are working on the endgame setup.

The recommended leveling chestpiece Geofri's Sanctuary has +18% which is only a bit under the splendour.

You can take Faith and Steel for +8%, or Weathered Hunter for +14%. I generally got a few jewels with resistances on them as it doesn't take any points and you can just remove them later on.
Looks like an insanely strong build however two things hold me back from playing it - clearspeed and uber elder? I also wonder what you think of loreweave as an alternative, solves any -max res maps? And you mention no leech is not possible but life gain on hit and natural ES recharge might do it?

If we could only make this build work ranged, I think it would matter quite a bit.

Sidenote: played your totem version but the lack of aoe \ totem placement \ having to be near totems felt a bit meh for my own taste, however it is a very strong build.
Last edited by foojin on Jun 12, 2018, 12:18:16 PM
You recommend Clarity watcher's eye yet we dont use this gem in any setup why's that?
"
foojin wrote:
Looks like an insanely strong build however two things hold me back from playing it - clearspeed and uber elder? I also wonder what you think of loreweave as an alternative, solves any -max res maps? And you mention no leech is not possible but life gain on hit and natural ES recharge might do it?

If we could only make this build work ranged, I think it would matter quite a bit.

Sidenote: played your totem version but the lack of aoe \ totem placement \ having to be near totems felt a bit meh for my own taste, however it is a very strong build.

Loreweave has really bad ES and no resistances. Its really just a worse incandescent heart for a CI build.

Life gain on hit doesn't work with ES. ES gain on hit only comes from a watchers eye jewel. It can be used and is fine but no leech maps are really rare and its not worth going too far out of your way to deal with them.

The build can be played as spectral throw to be ranged. Only the main skill changes and you get 2 more jewel sockets but I don't really like spectral throw.

Molten strike is a very commonly used skill as its the best damage for most builds.

"
Chaoshockwow wrote:
You recommend Clarity watcher's eye yet we dont use this gem in any setup why's that?

If you buy that jewel then you add a level 1 clarity into the build. It reserves 32 mana which is no problem for the guardian but does put a bit of pressure on the scion. Its effect doesn't matter but its worth it to activate the large ES boost from the jewel
I was doing some t9 mapping and it was going fine decided to refund the life leech/vitality void because i have just added the Pure Talent and finished uberlab for the duelist pathing.

Started dying and feel like i dont have enough leech now? what can i do should i put points into the vitality void again?

"

(double fail post)
Last edited by Chaoshockwow on Jun 12, 2018, 6:05:52 PM
Interesting now the build can scale up to infinity with currency investment due to double corruptions.
Both rings, amulet and belt can get 8-12% increased int, 32-48% in total.
Hey man,

I really enjoy the build. Last league I did a molten strike berserker and really wanted to try your version. So far I've killed all of the guardians deathless and shaper deathless. I just spawned uber elder and I'll give that a try later today.
"
Red_Zebra wrote:
Hey man,

I really enjoy the build. Last league I did a molten strike berserker and really wanted to try your version. So far I've killed all of the guardians deathless and shaper deathless. I just spawned uber elder and I'll give that a try later today.

Hi.
So how is you'r Uber going?)

Thinking of respec to howa,and have a few questions.
What will be the good enchants for helm/boots/gloves? Or mb any usful corruptions?
Why do you use second claw,and not the ES or Atziri shild? Isnt it to squishy this way?
How is the Lightning Warp works here?
What is you'r resists for the Wise Oak?
With mods for the Wather's Eye woold you suggest?

THX
Last edited by ScottEvill on Jun 14, 2018, 3:31:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info