Minion Balance Changes in The Fall of Oriath Beta

Hello guys, Wris Chillson here. You say that summoning skills need a buff? Skeletons too slow? Zombies too fragile? AI completely broken? Clear-speed meta turning the game into a pile of dog vomit? Don't worry: here! Have some more DPS, and everything is now FIXED! WE DID IT REDDIT! Oh and also don't forget to give us money so we can port to XBone kthxbye back to counting some sweet $$$

EDIT: SMOrc PT DID NOTHING WRONG SMOrc
Last edited by SirAnoobis on Mar 31, 2017, 12:12:31 PM
Where is neft to golem and anima-weapons damage? daf is this changes
Very excited to see Undead minions being addressed! However, I see no mention of tweaks to skeleton or zombie move speed. Nor their AI or ways to make them more survivable. If survivability is not a concern, then ways of making them easier or worthwhile to replace (such as Beacon of Corruption) need to be looked at. Also Jewels. One of the reasons why golems are so popular now is because of the introductions of the Primordial jewels and the effects those have. Golems are better DPS and nigh immortal with the right jewels.

Regardless, I am excited to see them being looked at. Can't wait for 3.0! Keep it up guys!

PS. Having spectres persist through logout would be a godsend. I avoid that skill like the plague because it's such a PITA to replace every time I log off or lose connection!
These are bad changes. I wish i could say more but you should really allow the community to give you better design plans. These feel like nerfs to an allready nerfed exile build. Not happy at all about this.
GG, long time summoning player and all these changes sound nice :) other then i liked the 2 skeles in 1 cast :( CWDT + skele linked 3 times pooped out 6 skeles perfectly xd whenever taking dmg and took agro off me cause it popped them on there face
"
Malbidion wrote:
Very excited to see Undead minions being addressed! However, I see no mention of tweaks to skeleton or zombie move speed. Nor their AI or ways to make them more survivable. If survivability is not a concern, then ways of making them easier or worthwhile to replace (such as Beacon of Corruption) need to be looked at. Also Jewels. One of the reasons why golems are so popular now is because of the introductions of the Primordial jewels and the effects those have. Golems are better DPS and nigh immortal with the right jewels.

Regardless, I am excited to see them being looked at. Can't wait for 3.0! Keep it up guys!

PS. Having spectres persist through logout would be a godsend. I avoid that skill like the plague because it's such a PITA to replace every time I log off or lose connection!

If you recast your zombie, the one that falls over will do beacon of corruption and spread chaos dmg...fyi
This is really bad. GGG has absolutely no idea what they are doing anymore. The fucking AI and movespeed is the problem, not damage or anything else. Zombies are ALWAYS far behind, making you feel like you're not even playing a summoner just a person with delayed damage output because it takes the zombies seconds to catch up and decide to attack.

Also, you need a skill to use to command the zombies, like wither, just to coordinate them. They won't attack things on their own. D2 has a MUCH superior minion AI and that game is over 15 years old.

Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
Necromancer clean speed is bad due to way this skills works, if you are not playing AW or SRS then you're fucked. Doesn't matter if you increase 45% damage of raised zombie skill, they still retarded as fuck and do not trigger and automatically attack mobs. It makes this skill so painful and retard to play with one of the worst clean speed of the world even with zombies having a good ammount of damage.

For example: If you want fight uber izaro with raised zombie only, zombies will keep following you during the battle instead of automatically attack your enemy: Izaro.

This makes this skill shit just by the way it works. Not because the damage itself.

So, raised zombie fix is: Ok, give 45% more damage BUT, CHANGE the way this skill works: Zombies need automatically go and kill everything that pops on the screen just like SRS. Zombies NEED to be agressives and not passive shits that just walk behind us.

"
laycast wrote:
This is really bad. GGG has absolutely no idea what they are doing anymore. The fucking AI and movespeed is the problem, not damage or anything else. Zombies are ALWAYS far behind, making you feel like you're not even playing a summoner just a person with delayed damage output because it takes the zombies seconds to catch up and decide to attack.

Also, you need a skill to use to command the zombies, like wither, just to coordinate them. They won't attack things on their own. D2 has a MUCH superior minion AI and that game is over 15 years old.

Yes, just noticed the guy above me said exactly what I'm saying. The minion AI is just fucked up GGG. Fix it or you can give 500% increased damage to zombies and it still a stupid and bad skill.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Mar 31, 2017, 1:20:15 PM
Although this will probably go unnoticed at page 20 of "wth is this shit posts"

Biggest quality of life I'd like to see from minions would be for zombies to rest/run in front of the summoner or at least introduce some kind of minion attack command skill/gem so you can send you're zombies, etc to a group of enemies or highlight a specific danger monster than is threatening the summoner.
^This kind of thing is why SRS/Animate weapon feels good, they have huge attack leashing range and go immediately dashing off to hit the nearest monster.
Convocation already exists to recall minions to yourself, so you wouldn't have to worry about a recall command.
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
laycast wrote:

Yes, just noticed the guy above me said exactly what I'm saying. The minion AI is just fucked up GGG. Fix it or you can give 500% increased damage to zombies and it still a stupid and bad skill.

MEAT WALL!

Worst part about necros in D2 was blocking off Kurast lol
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info