Minion Balance Changes in The Fall of Oriath Beta

IMO basic convenience would be:
For specters it would be good to add a "reverse" desecrate gem that would store information about the corpse it was used on (its base type), up to 2-3 types (stored on character). Then desecrate would create apropriate level (zone + desecrate level) corpse of the base typed stored.

Specters should spam their skills (if mob has ice shot, it should spamm ice shot as spectre not once a blue moon).

Minions should take less dmg from AOE (i suppose this works for traps not sure about boss abilities) since their AI is stupid. Single target spells should deal full dmg based on rezists.
Last edited by OSik83 on Mar 31, 2017, 6:03:04 AM
I just started playing and my main is a necromancer that uses four spectres (flame sentinels). I'm excited for the eventual change of spectres persisting through logouts. It is a little annoying having to set up my spectres every play session.
hrm, i don't play summoner builds, but am still quite curious how these changes are gonna affect the meta
Good changes, but now it's time to think about something for their survivability, either make their AI more controllable or give them some sort of aoe damage reduction, otherwise they'll still be wiped out in a couple seconds when facing certain bosses
Also maybe drastically reducing or removing convocation cooldown might help

And for the love of god, make SRS immune to vortex, why is it even a thing, vortex is on the ground, they fly, it makes facing certain bosses (shaper, temple boss, tough essence of sorrow-powered monsters...) stupidly hard since they keep annihilating your main skil instantly
Last edited by Beregondz on Mar 31, 2017, 6:21:40 AM
Ohh intresting..

That would make for a better experience with summoning for more people. Atm my personal feel is that summoner without scaling the numbers with alot of unique items just doesn't hack it at higher levels. This should eliviate this somewhat and thats a good thing since it opens up summoners for more casual players. I like it!

--
What I would love to see with that is a new jewel Summon Skeleton Mages (max 3) and add alternatives to Dead Reckoning that adds Mages.

That would def open up new builds :)

Regarding the AI, Im not a big fan of requiring unique items to make a base concept to to work, ex is the golem AI jewel.. that one should really be a passive. Make it a minion one that covers all the types preferably.

Zombies did not need more damage, they need more life! On any map, they always down first!
Skeleton Warriors are now completely useless! Less Skeleton, less protection! Great!
This changes are stupid! Now my Necromancer gets complet useless! Thanks!

Sorry, my english is not nativ! ;-)
Also, doesn't this just kill the new "The Baron" unique?
"
innervation wrote:
I knew there was a good reason I kept putting off playing a minion build. Changes seem good. Anyone who regularly plays minions, can you give some context on these changes? Are minions really this underpowered that they need buffs on this scale? (I know skeletons are). Does more damage even help? I though minion builds clear speeds were more a function of minion move speed, attack speed, and AI limitations. I see spectres can get more move speed, but what about the other minions, and are there any plans to give zombies/spectres/skeletons the ability to be 'aggressive' like that one golem jewel?

Zombies aren't that underpowered, 45% more damage is a bit absurd in my eyes my necro was crushing everything in a 4 link this league (Zombies/knitted horrors with montegruls), like necros are gonna be even more popular next league and they were already lol.

The skeleton changes are very necessary there are a few noble warriors that play summon skeletons but I feel this is gonna give the skeletons dps'ers for bosses instead of SRS. Something of a support for traditional summoners.

The spectre changes are what everyone wants though I suspect, farming for knitted horrors when I start a play session is pretty grief as they really aren't that common :/
"
Swazlee wrote:
Also, doesn't this just kill the new "The Baron" unique?
Seems like a big buff to it to me, 45% more damage to scale up with that strength bonus. I actually unlocked most of the atlas this league with zombies in a 4L just cursing for them.
Great to see this data!.

When I am done with work today I will play with it and hopefully make something useful for summoners.

I would love data like this on different monsters so I can make sheets for spectre's even if it is just for balance purposes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info