How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Just reach level 90 & T13 maps in a 4-link which never happened before.
Previous leagues, I always found at least 5 or 6 links before level 90 or red maps.

I'll just probably get my 12 challenges done & quit the league early again.
I'll just wait for PoE 2, & thank God they don't have the skill gem link system anymore in there.

Current gear:

PS: The only
I found was courtesy of the Settler's map runners.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
Level 85 and struggling to get maps and currency. Feels like I've reached a dead end. Might run a new character.

Spoiler
"
AbilityPoints wrote:
Level 85 and struggling to get maps and currency. Feels like I've reached a dead end. Might run a new character.

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Don't give up.
Playing bow you have some mechanics you can exploit -

Expedition will be good, especially ice shot. Try to farm ROG and Danning to craft your first equipment more easily. If you have trouble with mobs, you can use a decoy totem to attract enemies or even a stone/chaos golem to help with defense.

Harvesting, even at a low tier, can help you get quivers and rings with some better stats.

Get a 5l as quickly as possible - Heist and strongbox are your best friends for this.
Heist you can farm raw currency with - Lockpicking, Counter-Thaumaturgy, Trap Disarmament.
Strongbox you need to Tamper-proof - Secret compartments - twice tempted in the atlas tree.

Immediately try to use Trinity support. For it to work 100% you need 2 raw elemental damage with close range to proc correctly.

The tier of the maps doesn't matter, up to t10 try to focus on damage and use the flask for defense with dodge, some for armor and suppress.

GL.

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Level 100 CA/TR Pathfinder. Wanted to play something else but the 3.25 patch obliterated my planned build. Early in maps dropped 'Cloak of Defiance' and decided to use it. Defensively build works fine but DPS is lacking. Only works so-so for slow mechanics like Abyss, unfortunately the build cant do a fast-forward kind of playstyle.

Progression was handicapped by three things:

1) Kingstown micro. Not obligatory but unlike Necropolis crafting it wasnt intrinsically "unfun". From a time investment vs rewards it probably didnt pay off. The Admiral "helped" a bit as I couldnt spend/waste time on microing ships if they were commandeered. Early on I didnt know how hard the fight was so I didnt want to risk it. Eventually I found out by reading about it etc. Turned out to be apparently "super easy" after coming prepared (max cold res etc). Conceptually this (lvl 84 boss during early progression) is IMO a design fail though, has been posted here in Feedback also.

2) Porcupine only dropping in T16 Orchard. It took very long to even get a 5 link. I tried to get a 6 later on and failed. Eventually I decided to farm the card, it took a whole of 2 juiced maps... Still using the Porcupine bow.

3) Glassblower nerf: Took quite long to get programmed flasks.

About Kingstown:
UI could use a lot of improvements, lots of the clicking and checking stuff entirely trivial and only needs doing because the PC is apparently the designated micro agent of Kingstown. Considering that the PC is the one making the big decisions that really doesnt make much sense. Lots of other things dont make sense too like the town not having proper armed forces. Or the trade returns from ships being random. Sometimes a Divine, sometimes ... nothing. Supposedly someone on the other side is trading this Divine? From a fluff perspective it makes little sense to use random drop mechanics for trading returns.

Got all unique maps other than 'Vaults of Atziri'... Shortly before reaching 100 I got the cards from Gravicius:

Only 1x 'Reflecting Mist' (bad one not currency) and 0x Nameless Seer:

Gear:

Tree:
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Level 100 CA/TR Pathfinder. Wanted to play something else but the 3.25 patch obliterated my planned build. Early in maps dropped 'Cloak of Defiance' and decided to use it. Defensively build works fine but DPS is lacking. Only works so-so for slow mechanics like Abyss, unfortunately the build cant do a fast-forward kind of playstyle.

Any tips to reach 100 on ssf?
I stuck on 96 for now.
Last edited by reinero on Aug 3, 2024, 5:41:53 PM
"
reinero wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

I stuck on 96 for now.
Depends what you are dying to. If you have too many deaths during random (easy) mapping it may be a build issue. A quick look at your build does suggest this also. I have this list for basic/vanilla defensive layers - roughly in that order:

"
0. Game Knowledge
1. Movement and positioning. Dont get hit by big things. Dont get group-mobbed. This is the most important defensive layer for most mapping builds. It has player and build components.
2. Elemental resists, should be overcapped. How much depends: If you have the curses cant lower them then 25% overcap are good for mapping.
3. Buffer: You need enough life/ES/whatever. How much depends on the other things. You also need to be able to recover it.
4. Something against phys stuff. Like Armour. With good buffer 10k armour may be enough for mapping. With less buffer (most SC mapping builds) you need more.
5. Attack Avoidance: Evasion or block.
6. Something against bleed and corrupted blood. If you dont have a permanent solution then bleed can easily stealth kill leading to "random" deaths.
7. Chaos resist. How much depends on buffer size.
8. Ele ailment reduction or better immunity.
9. Spell Suppression. Or spell block. Or some Aegis skill or some such. Or more max resist + phys mit.
10. Crit damage reduction.
11. Curse effect reduction. This ranks higher if you do not have immunity to resist lowering curses and are not sufficiently overcapped.

Some things I noticed:

You have a "window" in your defenses where neither your Granite is on nor your 'Arcane Cloak' is on. If you run into random mobs during that you probably will get instagibbed.

Attack avoidance is weak.

Your %life seems to be somewhat low.

Some parts of your gear are bad and could easily be improved.

Defense stats on gear are not useless.

Negative chaos resistance.

No cwdt.

There is probably more...
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
reinero wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

I stuck on 96 for now.
Depends what you are dying to. If you have too many deaths during random (easy) mapping it may be a build issue. A quick look at your build does suggest this also. I have this list for basic/vanilla defensive layers - roughly in that order:

"
0. Game Knowledge
1. Movement and positioning. Dont get hit by big things. Dont get group-mobbed. This is the most important defensive layer for most mapping builds. It has player and build components.
2. Elemental resists, should be overcapped. How much depends: If you have the curses cant lower them then 25% overcap are good for mapping.
3. Buffer: You need enough life/ES/whatever. How much depends on the other things. You also need to be able to recover it.
4. Something against phys stuff. Like Armour. With good buffer 10k armour may be enough for mapping. With less buffer (most SC mapping builds) you need more.
5. Attack Avoidance: Evasion or block.
6. Something against bleed and corrupted blood. If you dont have a permanent solution then bleed can easily stealth kill leading to "random" deaths.
7. Chaos resist. How much depends on buffer size.
8. Ele ailment reduction or better immunity.
9. Spell Suppression. Or spell block. Or some Aegis skill or some such. Or more max resist + phys mit.
10. Crit damage reduction.
11. Curse effect reduction. This ranks higher if you do not have immunity to resist lowering curses and are not sufficiently overcapped.

Some things I noticed:

You have a "window" in your defenses where neither your Granite is on nor your 'Arcane Cloak' is on. If you run into random mobs during that you probably will get instagibbed.

Attack avoidance is weak.

Your %life seems to be somewhat low.

Some parts of your gear are bad and could easily be improved.

Defense stats on gear are not useless.

Negative chaos resistance.

No cwdt.

There is probably more...

Sorry, I expressed myself badly and I wasn't so direct with my question.
My question is - Any strategies for farming experience so as not to die of boredom between lvls 96-100?

I'm aware of the weaknesses in my build because they're points I haven't corrected yet, but since I'm on a totem I rarely confront mobs up close and basically in the last 2 levels I've only died 2 times. Now that I have a better grasp of the build compared to a few days ago, I was wondering if there was any way to exploit any of the atlas' strategies to farm only experience, without worrying about loot.
"
reinero wrote:
Sorry, I expressed myself badly and I wasn't so direct with my question.
Yes, the "stuck" did suggest deaths...

"
reinero wrote:
My question is - Any strategies for farming experience so as not to die of boredom between lvls 96-100?
"
reinero wrote:
I was wondering if there was any way to exploit any of the atlas' strategies to farm only experience, without worrying about loot.

If your build works the way I think (never played it nor otherwise familiar with the skill) then you only have concentrated damage and no fast-forward. So you would be limited by mechanics where you either dont need to do DPS or you get lots XP in a small area.

For all map strategies Shrines on Atlas are good.

Not needing DPS: Blight. No sufficient experience with trying to get XP/h out of Blight so cant really comment on it. Baseline of Blight is IME that it gives bad XP/h. But supposedly there are XP/h strategies using Blight or Blighted maps or something.

Dense mechanic: Syndicate. The Safehouses give good XP. Get the Atlas passives, rush maps for 2 or 3 encounters. Get XP from Safehouse.

Dense mechanic: Abyss. You need most of the Atlas passives, add Kirac Abyss craft. Optionally with Beyond & Delirium - especially if you are threatened by 'boredom'.
Edit: You can try out Beyond & Delirium with scarabs to find out if it works for you, no need to respec all the Atlas for these.
Last edited by Zrevnur on Aug 3, 2024, 10:54:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info