[2.6] "Mist Eater" MoM Flameblast In-Depth Guide

"
anvilgod wrote:
Any leveling tips? As in, when to start flameblastin, what nodes to take first etc.

I will add a leveling section right after I finish my first day in the league, so I can give a more accurate and realistic guidance for you guys! :)

But, I'll put some standard leveling section right now to have at least a minimum guidance.

PEACE.
I'm Razielim, son of Raziel.

"Raziel, you're worthy..." - Elder God
Atziri down really izi, not using mom though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL-M61pKeJE

Gear: (mind you helmet is upgraded already so I didn't have enchant when doing the run)

Spoiler

fail
Last edited by sklipnoty on Mar 7, 2017, 1:58:55 PM
"
sklipnoty wrote:

fail

Well, I don't get it...

Hi,

i'm noobs!

this build used,

My level is 78

First,

What's the number in the gems (???) > ex) CWDT(10)-ic(12)-infeeble(12)-Wm or TC(12)
; what's mean the numbers?

that's skill gems the level?
"
N_Oister wrote:
Hi,

i'm noobs!

this build used,

My level is 78

First,

What's the number in the gems (???) > ex) CWDT(10)-ic(12)-infeeble(12)-Wm or TC(12)
; what's mean the numbers?

that's skill gems the level?

Hi, there!

Yes, it is the level of the gems. It's important to keep them at the mentioned levels so they stay within the Cast When Damage Taken threshold.

I'll add this to the Gems section to help to clarify beginners.

Have fun!

PEACE.

Last edited by jplimab on Mar 10, 2017, 8:06:46 AM
Hey, really liked the idea of your build, i'll start leveling one but i do not like flameblast at all, i know you said we can use any skills we like but as i'm not very experienced i would like to ask your opinion about what skills would work best with this build.

Thanks ;)
Hi, very nice build! I thought about starting something like this but decided to go inquisitor flameblast totem instead.. Just like you though I didn't like the playstyle so decided to try this guide out instead :)

I leveled up focusing on damage a little more since I had some leveling uniques to help keep me alive. I picked up the fire damage nodes above witch and only now as level 77 did I finish the shadow side of the tree. Instead of taking the elemental damage nodes near shadow start though, I went up for eldrich battery. This allows me to run anger and herald of thunder together with arctic armour while spells use energy shield as resource. The life leech from doryani's catalyst is also much more consistant this way because the energy shield is not in the way (I know, the es would help tank bigger hits but in longer fights it just sits at 0 when it could be doing something else, like allow me to deal more damage). The damage difference is noticeable! Without anger and with the elemental damage nodes picked (without eo procced and with increased aoe equipped), my current flameblast tooltip average damage is 1789. With EB+anger+HoT and the elemental nodes specced out it is 1939,5. By linking herald of thunder in boots instead of increase critical strikes I also occasionally get it applying flammability so I don't have to cast orb of storms and i really haven't noticed a huge difference in EO uptime.

I plan on taking the life and damage outside templar next and maybe even taking the shadow ele damage in the end or maybe even going triple curse, depends how big of a level I get and what I'm in the mood/need for :) My goal is to clear as much content as possible with this character, will report back when I feel like I've done everything i can with him!

Some other stats with my current tree & gear (PizzaSticksAreBoring in my profile):

Life: 3886 (6477 with MoM+Divine Guidance factored in)
Mana: 2266
EB energy shield: 2813

I may try Esh's Visage because I'm not using Stone of Lazhwar (need resists). The flat life, chaos resistance and shock reflect seem quite nice but I can't find any on sale on poe.trade yet so have to wait for a while I quess

Oh and one last thing. This build is a beast in uber lab! I did cruel as lvl 49, merc as lvl 63 and uber as 75 the second I equipped my doryani's. It's not the fastest but I like not facerolling things and longer fights :) I haven't tried a full key uber yet, gonna need a little more damage for that
Last edited by LaBBe_ on Mar 10, 2017, 8:31:40 PM
Hello, thanks for the guide! I am new to PoE in general, and this is the first guide I've used, I've had to google a lot of acronyms that you use in the guide lol. I tried to follow the leveling section as much as I can, as I type this I'm currently level 43.

However, I'm seeking some advice from anyone willing to answer. Around level 10 I found a tabula rasa, I've been using that the whole time now, the gems I'm using in it are Storm Call-Faster Casting-Controlled Dest- Added lightning-elemental focus- Increased area of effect. The issue that I'm having is now that I'm at the level where I can use the suggested flameblast-ignite-AoE setup in this guide, I've noticed it doesn't kill things nearly as fast as the Storm Call setup I have.

Additionally, I do not exactly have enough gem slots to use all the curse gems and defensive gems properly, and it's not worth attempting to get them at my level because I replace gear fairly quickly. So again, any advice and opinions are appreciated!

- Thanks
"
Malbec wrote:
Hey, really liked the idea of your build, i'll start leveling one but i do not like flameblast at all, i know you said we can use any skills we like but as i'm not very experienced i would like to ask your opinion about what skills would work best with this build.

Thanks ;)

Hi there, man. I'm really glad that you're going to try out this build!

And to answer your question I would suggest to go for Storm Call. This spell was originally considered to be the main spell of choice, however I've decided to go Flameblast because I'm really used to the spell and I think that the damage can scale a bit better because of the Ignites.
Storm Call has a fast paced playstyle and should assimilate to a totem hit and run playstyle too, so this will be safer. But since you'll be running a lot, I would drop Arctic Armour and use Herald of Thunder instead, linking the offensive curse setup to it (Ex: Orb of Storms+Herald of Thunder+Curse on Hit+Conductivity) for easier curse application.

Examples for Storm Call gem links and trees are located inside the F.A.Q. section.

Cheers,

Razielim.

PEACE.

Last edited by jplimab on Mar 11, 2017, 4:12:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info