2.6.0 Area of Effect Changes

And let me guess Less area of effect is still a map mod. Fuck this change, and fuck that map mod. GGG has simply decided they hate AOE now. Fuck them.
"
cyclon2 wrote:
it really seems like allot of aoe junkies are butthurt, to me the changes look to be very nice, but in the end none of us know what this means to the actual gameplay and i think it would be best to play it first before people express all their butthurt before understanding how this actually results ingame.

Somebody always says this, and it always works out the same - just as the majority of the people always say, its a nerf.

And its not just an aoe nerf, watch and see, because it never is just one nerf, dps will get it also.

If you would like some examples from the past, dual strike, double strike, static strike, cyclone, well, pretty much every melee skill ever introduced.

To the uninformed this would seem to be a step away from build diversity, but its not.

See, some people like to play melee and if left to their own devices they would continue to play the type of character they like.

Well, if nerf erm, sorry, 'balance' the living shit out of any of the melee skills currently working then people will be forced to play something ranged which they wouldn't otherwise.

See, build diversity increase, just as GGG has said they are working for.

Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
Edit: double post.
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
Last edited by AlteraxPoe on Feb 28, 2017, 7:21:38 PM
"
AlteraxPoe wrote:

Somebody always says this, and it always works out the same - just as the majority of the people always say, its a nerf.

And its not just an aoe nerf, watch and see, because it never is just one nerf, dps will get it also.

If you would like some examples from the past, dual strike, double strike, static strike, cyclone, well, pretty much every melee skill ever introduced.

To the uninformed this would seem to be a step away from build diversity, but its not.

See, some people like to play melee and if left to their own devices they would continue to play the type of character they like.

Well, if nerf erm, sorry, 'balance' the living shit out of any of the melee skills currently working then people will be forced to play something ranged which they wouldn't otherwise.

See, build diversity increase, just as GGG has said they are working for.

Nah, man. If melee gets too painfult to play, I'm quitting PoE, since i really don't enjoy playing ranged characters/spellcasters in ARPG games.

The only things that have been keeping me playing PoE have been flicker, reave and blade flurry. (The non-namelock melee skills which work well with the right side of the tree).
Now they've basically nerfed two out of the three... I'll wait and see how it feels. But, if it feels bad, I'm out of here.
Fuck 6 new acts if I'm not going to be able to enjoy playing them.

Also: Build diversity isn't going to increase with this change. People will flock to whichever thing works best after the change (probably projectile skills).

Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
Did they just NERF everything involving AoE? I feel like from what I read, is that they did.
sorry if it was answered in past 40+ pages...

How does it affect traps trigger radius? I can see that radius nodes are doubled but Im interested in following:

So far it was possible to trigger whole trap cluster on single enemy instantly, by stacking enough trigger radius nodes from tree. Will it be no longer possible?
I'll laugh if trigger radius is unaffected so much that traps will explode so far from monsters so they won't have enough AoE to actually reach them with explosions. Impossible, you say? Let's just wait and see, you never know what ggg balance team may leave us with.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Man, I always passed up playing Reave because of the horrible early game AoE, even though I knew it got much better late game.

Now it has horrible early game and horrible late game AoE. Guess I missed my chance.
Why not compensate Warcry skills like Enduring Cry with additional base Radius?
They seem to be unfairly punished.
So I saw that on the new passive tree, it says that the increases to area are "increased area of effect of area skills". So how does this apply towards non skill areas such as enchantments, item effects, etc? or is the wording just slightly off and it still applies?
( -(oo)-")

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info