[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

Hi

your build deserves some recognition (which I see it already has, nice man gz) because it fits perfectly into harbinger league. Just want to describe my experience with it so far!

I saw your vids on YT when I looked for spell builds that shatter stuff alot because its very visually pleasing. I am playing this character for around 21 hours now and leveled it to 83. Started with spark at level 2 and have to say the single target while leveling really is better without the jewels. The reason for this is that you throw the spark in a direction thus "stacking" more of them into only 1 target. This is helpful against stationary bosses or ones with very big rooms.

For this build, it is really a threshhold you have to surpass for it to feel "good". The two jewels, the helmet enchant, the ascendancy and somewhat decent crit chance/proj speed all together make for a very smooth playstyle.

Since I don't like to throw all my money at my character before they are close to about 90, I snagged some budget items to wear for the time being. Karui Charge for the amulet is super nice and a rare vaal sceptre with attack/cast speed and decent lightning spell damage on poe.trade as a sub for doryanis (which with a good roll costs around 100c). I saw you are using several items without life rolls, so I cut some of them out for me to make it more tanky. Rare amulet with life/multi/dex subs for the choir of the storm. Winds of change and windscream are great uniques (with matching names, damn I just realized) that are cheap right now, so I use those and build around them as well as COTB.

My tree doesn't take as much damage, but focuses more on life and goes towards 210% life with two jewel sockets for jewels with additional life rolls. With MoM, 5300life, 700 ES and 1400 unreserved mana, it feels really tanky! (still have ~30% life to get on tree, at level 83)

What suprises me the most is the leech mechanics with double warlords and the dual curse on herald of ice. I never liked the idea of Vaal pact, but this build doesn't function without it. I always thought taking vaal pact would require me to use Vinktars as well(which I never wanted to spend the currency for). This character shows that it is not the case, however. Due to Inquisitor being very vulnerable to reflect, VP feels like a required mechanic for this build, not like something to smash on top to make it OP. Your build makes it feel very "natural".

Thanks again for making this guide! Cheers
"
Alatreon1337 wrote:
Hi

your build deserves some recognition (which I see it already has, nice man gz) because it fits perfectly into harbinger league. Just want to describe my experience with it so far!

I saw your vids on YT when I looked for spell builds that shatter stuff alot because its very visually pleasing. I am playing this character for around 21 hours now and leveled it to 83. Started with spark at level 2 and have to say the single target while leveling really is better without the jewels. The reason for this is that you throw the spark in a direction thus "stacking" more of them into only 1 target. This is helpful against stationary bosses or ones with very big rooms.

For this build, it is really a threshhold you have to surpass for it to feel "good". The two jewels, the helmet enchant, the ascendancy and somewhat decent crit chance/proj speed all together make for a very smooth playstyle.

Since I don't like to throw all my money at my character before they are close to about 90, I snagged some budget items to wear for the time being. Karui Charge for the amulet is super nice and a rare vaal sceptre with attack/cast speed and decent lightning spell damage on poe.trade as a sub for doryanis (which with a good roll costs around 100c). I saw you are using several items without life rolls, so I cut some of them out for me to make it more tanky. Rare amulet with life/multi/dex subs for the choir of the storm. Winds of change and windscream are great uniques (with matching names, damn I just realized) that are cheap right now, so I use those and build around them as well as COTB.

My tree doesn't take as much damage, but focuses more on life and goes towards 210% life with two jewel sockets for jewels with additional life rolls. With MoM, 5300life, 700 ES and 1400 unreserved mana, it feels really tanky! (still have ~30% life to get on tree, at level 83)

What suprises me the most is the leech mechanics with double warlords and the dual curse on herald of ice. I never liked the idea of Vaal pact, but this build doesn't function without it. I always thought taking vaal pact would require me to use Vinktars as well(which I never wanted to spend the currency for). This character shows that it is not the case, however. Due to Inquisitor being very vulnerable to reflect, VP feels like a required mechanic for this build, not like something to smash on top to make it OP. Your build makes it feel very "natural".

Thanks again for making this guide! Cheers

Thanks for your comment... are you playing hc? I guess then the additional life is necessary. For softcore I kinda don't need so much life because most of the time I dont get too much damage while mapping because everything is frozen.

I just tested a new setup with much additional magic find and clearspeed... not really viable for bosskilling but I guess it will take me to level 100 and I finally will get a headhunter.

Check out the new vid Crazy Inquisitor on Rampage doin speed runs...
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Sep 19, 2017, 12:39:18 AM
That link doesnt work mate, it goes to your account which we can't access.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVW9ApPlwXI

Is the one we need
I just started Poe 2 weeks ago and after I played my SRS Witch for a bit I looked for a build which has better clearspeed and can farm maps a lot faster. Your build was exactly what I looked for so I got my new character up to level 62 now which is the point where I thought about collecting my gear to switch from totem to spark. Now the question I'm asking myself is what my gear needs to have and what is rather optional. One thing I'm not sure about is for example the helmet enchantment. I'm sure it makes a big difference but getting it should take very long if my knowledge is correct and I need to run lab many times until I get it.
I hope you can help me out :)
"
Lightmare_ wrote:
I just started Poe 2 weeks ago and after I played my SRS Witch for a bit I looked for a build which has better clearspeed and can farm maps a lot faster. Your build was exactly what I looked for so I got my new character up to level 62 now which is the point where I thought about collecting my gear to switch from totem to spark. Now the question I'm asking myself is what my gear needs to have and what is rather optional. One thing I'm not sure about is for example the helmet enchantment. I'm sure it makes a big difference but getting it should take very long if my knowledge is correct and I need to run lab many times until I get it.

im kind of new to poe too, what i did just so you have an idea is this i leveled untill lv 75 in which level i started using my doryanist catalyst which was like 9c at the time, that game me alot of damage, at that point i had about 20c in currency combining evertyhing else and well manage to buy the basics , which are what bashtart posted under the gearing on a budget spoiler, im gonna mark what you should search for first if that helps.
Spoiler

everything with a /////// means go for that first.
1)Call of the brotherhood: +1Chaos ///////
2)Windscream: +1Fusing / Voidwalkers: +1Alch
3)Doryani's Catalyst: +5Chaos ///////
4)Insanity Gloves: +8Chaos
5)Body armour 5link with +100max life: +1-2Chaos ///////
6)Helmet with +3spark projectiles: +20Chaos / Helmet with +spark damage: +5chaos
7)Shield with +max life, spell damage and res: +9Chaos ///////
8)Belt: +2Chaos///////
9)Berek's Grip: +48 Chaos / this >>>> /////// Ring with total elemental res +140: +4Chaos
10)Choir of the storm: +45Chaos / Bisco's collar: +92 Chaos
11)Vessel of Vinktar: +20Chaos /this >> /////// Atziri's promise: +1Chaos
12)Rare Jewels dont really look at jewels for the moment

that should make you around 23Chaos and should get you started.
go to the main page and click Gearing on a budget (poe trade links) spoiler to get the links

also something i did to get more currency was farming ossuary this palce is a big square easily farmable and killed a shitload of harbinger guys so that helped alot too.

edit: the enchantment is something i would recommend you to buy, that is what i did i bought a devoto's devotion with 3 spark projectiles first then a rat's nest and lastly the one with maximum life is easier that way this build makes you decent currency
Last edited by sipsi32 on Sep 19, 2017, 12:03:27 AM
"
Lightmare_ wrote:

You should be able to start sparking from around 68-69 with a 4 link and call of brotherhood. You'll easily do low tier maps. The helm enchant is the last thing you should worry about.
Okay thanks guys, I should have a bit over 100 chaos in my stash so money shouldn't be the problem, at least for the start. The problem will be to find thing that actually have what I need like the enchantment because finding someone who sells a rat's nest with the right enchantment is a one in a million chance :D but since you said I don't need to worry about it for now I'll just get the most important uniques and looks that I get the right sockets on them.
"
Mastodonic wrote:
That link doesnt work mate, it goes to your account which we can't access.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVW9ApPlwXI

Is the one we need

Hi, yes you are right... I changed the link.

"
Lightmare_ wrote:
Okay thanks guys, I should have a bit over 100 chaos in my stash so money shouldn't be the problem, at least for the start. The problem will be to find thing that actually have what I need like the enchantment because finding someone who sells a rat's nest with the right enchantment is a one in a million chance :D but since you said I don't need to worry about it for now I'll just get the most important uniques and looks that I get the right sockets on them.

Hi you dont need to focus on rat's nest... you also can take for example starkonja's or devoto's or even a rare helmet mit life and resistances.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Hi guys,

can you help me improve my gear? What would you switch? What should i replace? Any help would be appreciated
"
Sombra1337 wrote:
Hi guys,

can you help me improve my gear? What would you switch? What should i replace? Any help would be appreciated

Your gear is decent... one thing I noticed what I would change. A while ago I switch out the added lightning damage against critical strike support in the spark setup. You damage will be better once all your gems are leveled to 20. I would recommend to change a few passive points to get mind over matter and battle rouse that will make you more tanky.

I guess would get insanity gloves for your movement setup because it will increase your clearing speed a lot. It also depends a bit what you wanna do... if wanna kill bosses or mainly just farm for example.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info