[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

"
bashtart wrote:
"
kadin wrote:
I know this is probably a dumb question and I've missed it somewhere but how do you get back your mana so fast? I see some of the mana regen on gear but it looks like there's some leech involved, no? I don't see it anywhere on skill tree, would just like to know how to improve this one aspect. Thanks!

edit: Is it the Berek's Grip?

Berek's Grip is only one part of the puzzle. For mana sustain we also Warlord's & Assasin's Mark, a high mana pool, many mana nodes on tree and also really important "Battle Rouse" ("3% of damage taken gained as mana...". This setup should always sustain our mana and also makes us kinda tanky via mind over matter.

Thanks. Battle Rouse was one thing I didn't have yet and that did help. I'm still finding that I go out of mana quite often though and definitely need to keep a mana potion on me. I'm only 78 right now so maybe it'll get better later on, and that's with rare boots that have 0.4% of health/life after recent kills.

So I guess this leads to the next question, how do I get enemies to get frozen more often which will let Berek's Grip leech mana? Right now enemies don't seem to freeze a lot. Raising crit doesn't seem to improve the chance with Herald of Thunder which says it has a 20% chance to freeze. Or am I understanding this whole mechanic wrong?

Thanks again!
Last edited by Kaeden1 on Sep 9, 2017, 3:32:01 AM
HI i'm a new player, doing your build and rn i've hit act 9, lvl 65 and don't know or when to change to spark, can you please help me out?
"
kadin wrote:
"
bashtart wrote:
"
kadin wrote:
I know this is probably a dumb question and I've missed it somewhere but how do you get back your mana so fast? I see some of the mana regen on gear but it looks like there's some leech involved, no? I don't see it anywhere on skill tree, would just like to know how to improve this one aspect. Thanks!

edit: Is it the Berek's Grip?

Berek's Grip is only one part of the puzzle. For mana sustain we also Warlord's & Assasin's Mark, a high mana pool, many mana nodes on tree and also really important "Battle Rouse" ("3% of damage taken gained as mana...". This setup should always sustain our mana and also makes us kinda tanky via mind over matter.

Thanks. Battle Rouse was one thing I didn't have yet and that did help. I'm still finding that I go out of mana quite often though and definitely need to keep a mana potion on me. I'm only 78 right now so maybe it'll get better later on, and that's with rare boots that have 0.4% of health/life after recent kills.

So I guess this leads to the next question, how do I get enemies to get frozen more often which will let Berek's Grip leech mana? Right now enemies don't seem to freeze a lot. Raising crit doesn't seem to improve the chance with Herald of Thunder which says it has a 20% chance to freeze. Or am I understanding this whole mechanic wrong?

Thanks again!

I guess more or less all of your problem will get better with higher level, better gear etc. Just level and farm a bit :) The reason is with higher damage you will freeze more enemies, which will shatter and spread your curse which will sustain your mana... etc.

"
sp4nky42 wrote:
HI i'm a new player, doing your build and rn i've hit act 9, lvl 65 and don't know or when to change to spark, can you please help me out?

Better a bit too late then too early... because spark has more requirements and you will progress just fine with dual FB totems. I did switch after doing merciless lab around lvl 80.

[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Sorry I didn't check back in sooner. My sparker ate the dirt on Kitava Act 10 while leveling so I had to re-roll.
I level as self-cast spark + flame totem. I feel it's way faster than dual totems, especially pizza sticks because too many mobs dodge and avoid flameblast. I cleared act 7 in HHC in less than 7 hours which includes afking and trading. The totem helps with bosses that you can't stand and facetank, while self-cast spark melts bosses in small arenas.
Since I'll be mapping in hardcore I'm going a slightly different build to you to pick up a bit more life.

This is my build at 59 for Hardcore
https://goo.gl/8mRgNW

and this is my intended build at 85 that will be using Pledge of Hands and either belly/kaoms/whatever high life armor i can get
https://goo.gl/g7AaWC

I always try to build around level 85, then everything after is bonus. So I'll probably go the rest of the scion life wheel then into more damage. I should be done with act 10 today or tomorrow then I'll start mapping at which point I'll let you know how it goes in hardcore.
"
Mastodonic wrote:
Sorry I didn't check back in sooner. My sparker ate the dirt on Kitava Act 10 while leveling so I had to re-roll.
I level as self-cast spark + flame totem. I feel it's way faster than dual totems, especially pizza sticks because too many mobs dodge and avoid flameblast. I cleared act 7 in HHC in less than 7 hours which includes afking and trading. The totem helps with bosses that you can't stand and facetank, while self-cast spark melts bosses in small arenas.
Since I'll be mapping in hardcore I'm going a slightly different build to you to pick up a bit more life.

This is my build at 59 for Hardcore
https://goo.gl/8mRgNW

and this is my intended build at 85 that will be using Pledge of Hands and either belly/kaoms/whatever high life armor i can get
https://goo.gl/g7AaWC

I always try to build around level 85, then everything after is bonus. So I'll probably go the rest of the scion life wheel then into more damage. I should be done with act 10 today or tomorrow then I'll start mapping at which point I'll let you know how it goes in hardcore.

Kitava act10 is kinda nasty for hc i guess ... i see you take a lot more life nodes what is good if you dont want to die :) the build get a lot saver when you can skip bosses.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Hey! Im really enjoying your build so far. lvl 88 sitting at 43k dps @ hideout.
Im really struggling with map bosses wich are higher than t11. Map clear in the other hand is pretty insane. Can you or someone check my profile
for improvements, i know my gems are still lvl 19 but it seems impossible to kill the bosses.
All help is appreciated!! Thanks!
-MrDecaDuro

Ps, i know spark isnt ideal for bosses but im struggling so hard at em, someone boasted how they killed those with 5-link? i dont know how that's even possible.
"
feelmybicep wrote:
Im really struggling with map bosses wich are higher than t11. Map clear in the other hand is pretty insane. Can you or someone check my profile
for improvements, i know my gems are still lvl 19 but it seems impossible to kill the bosses.
-MrDecaDuro

Ps, i know spark isnt ideal for bosses but im struggling so hard at em, someone boasted how they killed those with 5-link? i dont know how that's even possible.

I guess the best advice is to just skip bosses but I also know that is not what you wanna hear. Unfortunately the spark mechanics prevent really good single target dps. I really would recommend to switch to choir of the storm and hypothermia for faster proj.for bosses... this amulett will nearly double your single target dps. Also get berek's grip for more sustain then you can drop your mana flask for vinktars. In general your boss killing abilities will increase with time, levels and better gear.

Also work on your skill setups... f.e. you dont have warlord's mark in your cwdt which is really important for sustain in bossfights. Also a second curse would help you a lot. There is so much you still can improve!

The best way to progress is to just farm things which are easy :)
Last edited by bashtart on Sep 11, 2017, 4:34:33 PM
"
bashtart wrote:
"
feelmybicep wrote:
-MrDecaDuro

I guess the best advice is to just skip bosses but I also know that is not what you wanna hear. Unfortunately the spark mechanics prevent really good single target dps. I really would recommend to switch to choir of the storm and hypothermia for faster proj.for bosses... this amulett will nearly double your single target dps. Also get berek's grip for more sustain then you can drop your mana flask for vinktars. In general your boss killing abilities will increase with time, levels and better gear.

Also work on your skill setups... f.e. you dont have warlord's mark in your cwdt which is really important for sustain in bossfights. Also a second curse would help you a lot. There is so much you still can improve!

The best way to progress is to just farm things which are easy :)

Thanks for the reply! I did some testing, i find Assasin's mark pretty much useless since i delete all mobs in instant (and it doesnt really help with bosses either?) Also, how do you have 50% crit on your spark at hideout? Mines only at 27%. What do you think about increased critical strikes + woidwalkers vs pierce in that 6 link setup? Thanks again! -MrDecaDuro

Edit: did some more testing, you are right assassins mark is pretty neat, also against bosses,
but my crit is still shit compared to you. what the hell is up with that
Last edited by feelmybicep on Sep 11, 2017, 6:03:27 PM
"
feelmybicep wrote:

Kitava act10 is kinda nasty for hc i guess ... i see you take a lot more life nodes what is good if you dont want to die :) the build get a lot saver when you can skip bosses.

The second half of act 10 was quite scary. A lot of mobs + harbringers just jump on your face. Rare heralds of kitava were emptying my mana pool and 2/3rds of my life in 1 hit even at 4000 hp and proximity shields make things difficult for HC. Definately not as safe or comfy as my RF zerker

I just hit 70 and started mapping so we'll see how it goes. Again Im using pledge of hands for fun so I'll see how it works. Sitting at 40% crit in HO

"
bashtart wrote:

Thanks for the reply! I did some testing, i find Assasin's mark pretty much useless since i delete all mobs in instant (and it doesnt really help with bosses either?) Also, how do you have 50% crit on your spark at hideout? Mines only at 27%. What do you think about increased critical strikes + woidwalkers vs pierce in that 6 link setup? Thanks again! -MrDecaDuro

Edit: did some more testing, you are right assassins mark is pretty neat, also against bosses,

Have you considered leveling and keeping a storm call + icebite + hypothermia on hand to swap out spark + proj speed and pierce for bosses? Im using Choir of the storm which helps a lot but will test a Storm Call setup today.
"
feelmybicep wrote:

Even if you can only apply one curse at each enemy... get warlord' & assassin mark into your herald curse setup because the generate charges will stay their duration. For me it is more a decision between "added lightning damage" or "increased critical strikes" (with it +50% crit chance in HO). The reason why I decided to take added lightning damage is that we use a diamand flask which charges with crits. This flask has a great synergy with it self and crit builds... so it has easy a uptime of +90%. With this flask added lightning damage support is better imo but it can be different with other gear etc.
Last edited by bashtart on Sep 12, 2017, 12:47:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info