[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

"
bashtart wrote:

Drop Tabula Rasa, drop maligaro's virtuosity, and get more defensive stuff. MOre life!

Just level a bit higher and then try it again... it doesnt make sense to rush it. A few level later he will be easy...

Thanks for your answer , you're fast :) i will try this ! ;)
Last edited by Helri on Jan 8, 2018, 4:13:43 PM
"
SacrifXx wrote:
"
bashtart wrote:
"
SacrifXx wrote:
Hey Bashtart,

i was wondering why do you link Herald of Ice + Arctic Armour + Onslaught?

Why link with Onslaught when HoI is not going to get the killing blow.

The shatter effect of HoI will trigger onslaught.

"
Uriacesjaces wrote:
Thanks a lot for this build, i think i'll like it a lot!For the moment, the leveling is safe but...the double firestorm dps is really low , even with fire blast i find this really really slow. Cureently lvl 58. My first char of the league is a glacial cascade miner, and at this lvl i was OS izaro in the cruel lab, with this one it take me some mins each phase .

I hope it will get better after, if we need to switch after lvl 70/75+ it will be so long

Yeah the leveling a bit boring with dual totems but you also can level with some selfcast spell if you prefer that. The best way to increase the totem dps is to increase the cast speed... you may also just spec into a few totem passives for leveling.

so the when enemy gets frozen and shatters, it will count as a killing blow and potentially get onslaught charges?

Not sure if this is what you mean or not, but the way you have it worded seems like it may not be.
When you are using HoI enemies can shatter and cause damage. That damage caused to OTHER mobs is what can trigger Onslaught, not the initial enemy that explodes or any enemy that explodes due to your main skill. Afaik this is the case.
Last edited by Nevaes on Jan 8, 2018, 6:48:15 PM
Hey bashtart, great guide currently level 79 and really enjoying the build at the moment!, just a question about where you say to upgrade the maps
-T5 Toxic Sewers
-T10 Seige
-T12 Torture Chambers
-T15 Sunken City
Is this to obtain the right pantheons or just your preferred maps to farm? sorry for the nooby question, still kindof new. Haven't captured any of the pantheon bosses/souls yet! :)

Also how and what does attack speed effect this build??

Cheers!
Last edited by TeeRoH on Jan 9, 2018, 4:15:06 AM
"
TeeRoH wrote:
Hey bashtart, great guide currently level 79 and really enjoying the build at the moment!, just a question about where you say to upgrade the maps
-T5 Toxic Sewers
-T10 Seige
-T12 Torture Chambers
-T15 Sunken City
Is this to obtain the right pantheons or just your preferred maps to farm? sorry for the nooby question, still kindof new. Haven't captured any of the pantheon bosses/souls yet! :)

Also how and what does attack speed effect this build??

Cheers!

The maps to upgrade your pantheon powers. Which maps you want to farm you should find out yourself ;) Attack speed effects the speed of shield charge and so your clearspeed. You really should upgrade those powers especially toxic sewers for 50% life gain.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Newish player here doing my first full league, so I might have some noob questions. Enjoying the build about to reach 75 and use the Doryani Scepter I bought. I like how shield charge works with the abyss helm which shoots off the spirit spell which can just keep chaining as I go along. Reminds me of Cospri's.

I chose GC variant because I had some lvl 20 gems laying around from another build. I also chose it because of some good cold gems I had and lastly because I couldn't understand why you would want to have multiple spells (LT and Spark) and then throw in an attack skill (BV) since it won't take advantage of cast speed or vice versa. So can somebody explain that? Seems inefficient.

Secondly, Blood Rage. Since I'm doing all casting, is this spell really worth it? I've not done the boss kill to capture the pantheon. So should I ditch for now? What would be a good replacement?

Lastly, I've been following the PoB for the GC variant which puts spark in a 4 link gloves and LT/GC in the chest. Since I'm using spark 90% of the time and only using LT/GC for single target, does it really make sense to be wasting 5-6 links on it?

Thanks again for the build, it's been fun so far. I've played a GC totem, a Ngamahu MS, and a Cold Poet Pen build this season. This so far is right up there with any of them in enjoyment.

So slapped some gear from my other chars together on this. Going quite well at the moment just wondering what weapon upgrade I can go for to boost dps a bit? is a crit dagger BiS or do i keep what I have?

gear
Last edited by H4ckEyE on Jan 9, 2018, 8:04:28 PM
"
percydaman2 wrote:
Newish player here doing my first full league, so I might have some noob questions. Enjoying the build about to reach 75 and use the Doryani Scepter I bought. I like how shield charge works with the abyss helm which shoots off the spirit spell which can just keep chaining as I go along. Reminds me of Cospri's.

I chose GC variant because I had some lvl 20 gems laying around from another build. I also chose it because of some good cold gems I had and lastly because I couldn't understand why you would want to have multiple spells (LT and Spark) and then throw in an attack skill (BV) since it won't take advantage of cast speed or vice versa. So can somebody explain that? Seems inefficient.

Secondly, Blood Rage. Since I'm doing all casting, is this spell really worth it? I've not done the boss kill to capture the pantheon. So should I ditch for now? What would be a good replacement?

Lastly, I've been following the PoB for the GC variant which puts spark in a 4 link gloves and LT/GC in the chest. Since I'm using spark 90% of the time and only using LT/GC for single target, does it really make sense to be wasting 5-6 links on it?

Thanks again for the build, it's been fun so far. I've played a GC totem, a Ngamahu MS, and a Cold Poet Pen build this season. This so far is right up there with any of them in enjoyment.

Firstly, i'm glad that you're enjoying the build along with the rest of us!
BV (Blade Vortex) is a physical SPELL and therefore will benefit from cast speed and also the increased duration nodes near the Scion start for a little bit of QoL.

Blood Rage is absolutely worth it for map clearing even without the Soul of Arakaali shenanigans since the increased attack speed and frenzy charge generation improves your shield charge movement speed.

Finally, Spark clears trash on a 4-link with the appropriate setup and therefore those extra 2 links are technically "wasted" when you could use GC in a 6-link where those links actually contribute to how fast you kill the boss. It's essentially, would you rather have a 5-10% increase in map clear speed or 40-50% increase in boss killing speed? If you're like me and using the build purely for speedy map clearing (no bosses) then you would pick the map clear option, if you're like Bashtart who designed this build to be an all-rounder then you'd pick the boss killing speed.

Hope this information helped!
"
ESi_Spritez wrote:
"
percydaman2 wrote:

Firstly, i'm glad that you're enjoying the build along with the rest of us!
BV (Blade Vortex) is a physical SPELL and therefore will benefit from cast speed and also the increased duration nodes near the Scion start for a little bit of QoL.

Blood Rage is absolutely worth it for map clearing even without the Soul of Arakaali shenanigans since the increased attack speed and frenzy charge generation improves your shield charge movement speed.

Finally, Spark clears trash on a 4-link with the appropriate setup and therefore those extra 2 links are technically "wasted" when you could use GC in a 6-link where those links actually contribute to how fast you kill the boss. It's essentially, would you rather have a 5-10% increase in map clear speed or 40-50% increase in boss killing speed? If you're like me and using the build purely for speedy map clearing (no bosses) then you would pick the map clear option, if you're like Bashtart who designed this build to be an all-rounder then you'd pick the boss killing speed.

Hope this information helped!

Thanks, it did help! I had no idea blade vortex was a spell. Not sure why, could have looked and seen it was. I just finished up the 3rd ascendency tonight, blitzed through a t6 without a hiccup and hit 77. So far it's been very smooth. I love the blitzing style with the shield charge when everything just keeps exploding as I keep rushing forward. Not sure when it'll stop due to too much mob hit points.
First of all, really want to thank you, BashTart, so much for such a detailed guide. Your build looks really cool and fast in the video, i'm totally intrigued and started lvling a templar lately. I like your idea to use dual totem for leveling. I wonder if you could show me some examples what kinda of main hand and off hand that I should look for one poe.trade during leveling, please. Forgive me if my question is too noobs above, cuz i rarely played totem before, not so sure how to scale up offense. Really appreciate it.
Bash do you mind taking a second to look over my build? It's pretty close to yours but I feel like I'm missing something, I just have absolutely no idea what. Or maybe I'm ready to take on endgame bosses.

Should I change my Ventor's for a Berek's or a rare or just leave it? Maybe one or two of my gems aren't good. I'm missing something and it's making me crazy lol.

Did you get the spark helm enchant yourself or buy it? it's like 2ex right now.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Heathh/characters
Last edited by Heathh on Jan 10, 2018, 7:01:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info