[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

"
bashtart wrote:
"
mengliang99 wrote:
Getting wrecked by T7+ maps bosses,any pointers?i haven do uber lab yet.

Just farm tiers which you can clear fast and easy... and soon you will be ready to progress to +T7
U can take a look at my character first[/quote]
[/quote]I cant seem to stay alive while fighting the boss like im very squishy and cant deal enuf damage fast or heal enuf to kill the boss without dying.If Pious helps alot im gonna get it soon.I have around 4k life and sparks dps half of what u showed on the 1st page.Thanks for the build though at least i can clear very fast.
Last edited by mengliang99 on Dec 13, 2017, 1:04:58 PM
"
Phatbuds wrote:
Hey Bashtart,

Wanted to write saying thank you for the build! I played it as my league starter (never played spark before) and it was super smooth for me. Here's some advice/tips for people playing this that I experienced in Abyss:

Transitioning to spark:

- I started sparking at level 73, equip your spark threshold jewel, +1 pierce jewel. Then you need call of the brotherhood and any cheap 5-link will work great (can probably do a 4 but I just bought the crappiest BBBGG 5L I could find and it was fine).
- I played flameblast totems up until 73
- Bosses are a little bit hard early, expect to die sometimes with blade vortex, this build is a little bit squishy. Once you get better gear and items bosses will be a breeze. Kiting around is SUPER important for staying alive, also don't be afraid to use spark for added DPS.
- Get your labs done as fast as possible, all 4 are super important for this build, especially pious path for survivability (I got pious path 4th but it might actually be worth taking it 3rd - life gets much better once you have pious path)
- Do not use MOM until you have enough mana regen + pious path! Bashtart said this in his guide and I think a lot of people miss this
- Keep your BV in your 4-link and spark in the 5/6-link, BV will kill bosses plenty fine on the 4

My own thoughts/ideas:

- Impulsa's is AMAZING. Get it ASAP for map clearing, absolutely insane item. Should be your first upgrade. Vinktar felt extremely strong for me too, and added to spells is super cheap right now! Got mine for 15c.
- I chose to run a sulphur flask of warding instead of the unique sulphur. You can get more duration if you make it Experimenter's and the warding lets you drop curses which is dank for mapping.
- I personally LOVE the flask nodes up near witch, I recommend grabbing them (especially since we path by them anyways). Flask duration is heavily underrated by many players.
- I am currently actually using both heralds and arctic armor, while running MOM and it feels okay. I have about 200 unreserved mana and don't actually run into many issues with running oom. But I'm not 100% sure about if this is ideal yet. Regardless, full mana reservation setup and MOM are still compatible if you want.
- So far I've made it up to T13 maps and it can clear rare/corrupted bosses just fine, trash packs absolutely melt. The build is amazing, stick with it and you will feel the power once you get your items!

Edit: Last thing is a tip for the build while doing abysses!
This build cannot face tank massive hits in red maps from the abyss rares when map mods are dangerous. Sometimes the slicing guys will simply one shot you before your regen kicks in. The strategy you want to go for is always be prepared to shield charge back when they go invis. Same for the bats, when they burrow, you want to juke back with shield charge and keep spamming sparks so they freeze when they come out and don't hit you with the initial hit. Luckily a fast shield charge gives us an effective dodging ability.

THanks for the well writen report! As every saison I will put the best written reports into my guide so other players can profit from it. Yours is the first one this saison. It would be great if you can update it as soon as you contested the endgame.

Greetz Bash
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
"
mengliang99 wrote:
"
bashtart wrote:
"
mengliang99 wrote:
Getting wrecked by T7+ maps bosses,any pointers?i haven do uber lab yet.

Just farm tiers which you can clear fast and easy... and soon you will be ready to progress to +T7
U can take a look at my character first

[/quote]I cant seem to stay alive while fighting the boss like im very squishy and cant deal enuf damage fast or heal enuf to kill the boss without dying.If Pious helps alot im gonna get it soon.I have around 4k life and sparks dps half of what u showed on the 1st page.Thanks for the build though at least i can clear very fast.[/quote]

Okay I checked your gear and you more or less only focussed on the offense but when you are dead you can't make damage so. I would use a starkonja's instead of rat's nest for example. Also I really would recommend to get a BV setup for bosses. Try to get more life ... use arctic armour for more dmg mitgation. Upgrade your rare ring and amulett.

And I was honest with you when I said just farm thing you can clear fast and easy... imo that is the fastest way to progress. Better clear 3-4 lower tier maps fast than to do one high tier map and probably die.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Dec 13, 2017, 1:51:08 PM
"
DieMesser wrote:
I am enjoying this build a lot, so far T6 with uncapped resistances (gear savings) are easy (w/o bosses ofc) but I need to know if I should get those hrimburn gloves for my BV or stick to budget version?

I would stick with the budget version... it is cheap... and really good. The advantage of kalisa‘s grace is that it free up the helmet slot for example starkonja‘s.
I just got the 20% reduced mana reservation on arctic armor helm enchant from merc lab, frees up a decent amount of mana. Ill test it out and let you know how it works with MoM. Ill probably be dropping one of the heralds as well for even more mana. Im guessing I should drop HoL so I can keep proccing onslaught with HoI.
Has anyone played this build on HC yet? or is it just complete suicide to do so?
Hey everybody,

on short question and I know someone already wrote this, but I can`t find anymore!

Where can I find Arachnoxia?

Thx 4 help
would this build do ok in SSF?
I have call of the brotherhood ring/overflowing chalice/hrimsorrow gloves.

Think I can make do with those to start and give it a shot?

Thanks!
Doing your build atm, but actually I don't know which body armour seems to be the best for it.
Belly, Perfect form, Inpulsas, random 6 link...? And which armour would be best for doing guardians and shaper?

Also I don't know if you shoult take Pious path instead of Instruments of Virtue.

At last did you ever try to run arcane surge on shield charge? Cause I never recast Blood Rage or Golem so arcane surge is never up, if it's linked to them :D

For other players get Doryanis Catalyst fast, makes mapping so much easier.

But good job, having lots of fun with this build and the clearspeed is pretty good :)
Last edited by Lord_Amandus on Dec 13, 2017, 7:38:48 PM
Did you ever tried the Lightpoacher helmet with this build? Is it viable?

And what would you suggest for my Body armour? I have Tabula Rasa with +1 on socketed gems or

Inpulsa's Broken Heart as 5-Link
Last edited by raiderjoe on Dec 13, 2017, 7:35:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info