Content Update 2.6.0 Balance Changes

"

Also nerfing elemental conversion items or gems is straight STUPID. Its ALREADY inneffecient to convert your damage by any means because you're giving up that gear slot or ring or whatever to get that conversion, THEN you can start building your character around whatever damage your converting to and its not even a 100% conversion most of the time. So essentially people trying to make fun builds using conversion are going to struggle alot more than they already are, meanwhile other builds require half as much investment to do the same damage but better. Wat.

"

Dude, I think that you didn't read the part about why GGG is changing conversion... They want to skills to maintain their core aspects (mechanically or visual speaking).

Everyone use pyre if they want to play a Cold spell based build. But why? Stacking double-dipping damage to ignite. So well, nice, now my Frostbolt/Vortex will now deal most or only fire damage just to get that ignite double-dipping.

"

I don't know about you guys but part of the reason I love PoE so much is because of how creative you can be with the builds. I think that separates it from the other ARPGs (You know which one im talking about.) that also have this design philosophy of "these skills should be flexible, but overall they should maintain a certain look or function.". This kind of game design is, quite frankly, dumb. We shouldn't be restricted on being creative with our builds. Do we want our cold damage to do fire instead? Cool, let us keep that. The argument is that its too strong because of once again, double dipping (why they nerfed blade flurry), which is a game mechanic and not an item that needs to be changed. Its not an issue of these items like Pyre being too strong or even that the skills "identity" is compromised (What does that even mean, whispering ice still LOOKS like whispering ice even when its doing fire damage) and to begin with the "identity" of skills shouldn't take precedence over having more options to create different builds and be creative in this game, thats the design of that other game (once again you know what game im talking about).

Sure, I agree with you that conversion is a unique thing from PoE and opens for more build choices, of course. But my point, as you get it, was more on going for conversion only to abuse double-dipping effects, which in this particular announcement wasn't taken into account, for what I see at least.

I do agree that "nerfing" or changing how conversion works is not the solution, but I think that can be a potential open up for people think outside of the box a little for build choices, ya' know?

Peace.
I'm Razielim, son of Raziel.

"Raziel, you're worthy..." - Elder God
Last edited by jplimab on Feb 22, 2017, 9:02:36 PM
So KILLED daggers , vaal discipline , anything else?
love how everybody is saying rip blade flurry. you do realize it will still be a really amazing skill, and possibly still BiS with the amount of times it hits per second etc for poison builds and anything with on hit

it has had its damage reduced. could be by only 5%, maybe 10%. i doubt it will be much higher of a nerf than that, and if it isn't then its still going to be super amazing.

it isn't like blade flurry is going to be dead now, but MAYBE other skills will be worth using over it.

what im slightly interested and maybe disappointed in is the viper strike threshold jewel change. sure 10% chance on hit to get unholy might per poison stack sounds great, but being limited to one also sounds like a horrible POS.

i was working on a viper strike build where i just stacked lots of increased physical attack damage and super high attack speed. within 5 seconds of attacking things i would essentially have 600% increased attack damage, which is pretty huge. now it won't be remotely close to that since you're only limited to one threshold jewel
"
"
jplimab wrote:
9 out of 10 boyz crying about BF or Vaal Disc nerfs...
I think GGG is hitting the righ spot. :)

Wonder how it will be when 2.6 patch notes finally come.

I'm more surprised about the praise GGG is receiving for nerfing things. The nerf to BF or Vaal Disc for example, doesn't affect your play experience in the slightest if you're not using it. So why would you be excited? Just the typical "love to see people angry mentality"? Are you that simple?

Many of my past builds were significantly nerf'd - EB/MoM Arc, Aura Dagger ST, CoC, CoC Volley Fire, CoE LL Wander, Incinerate, Voltaxic. I got over the disappointment momentarily thinking it's time to try new builds. Meta rotation is a thing. Deal with it.
"In order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive" - Jordan Peterson(2018)

IGN:TheSnowofWinterFell
Last edited by horusray on Feb 22, 2017, 9:16:13 PM
"
Rafael_Souza wrote:
So KILLED daggers , vaal discipline , anything else?

Quite a few of my brain cells from reading this thread.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
horusray wrote:
Spoiler
"
Exile009 wrote:
LMAO!! All these tears. Do you crybabies realize that almost all of these changes have been REQUESTED by the community for a while now?

AoE nerfs, Blade Flurry nerf, ES nerfs (more of those will come in 3.0), crit nerfs - all of these mechanics have been an issue that's been raised not just by GGG, but by players themselves on the forums and on Reddit. A lot of us aren't too happy with the screen-wide, speed-clear fest that PoE has become of late.

None - and I mean none - of these changes look like they've made any skill un-viable aka unable to handle endgame content. Rather it just makes them slower as they can't kill everything within 2 screen of your character in 1 click anymore (well, that's the hope, anyway). You can still clear maps just like before - you just (hopefully) can't pretend you're playing "Gone in 60 seconds".

Meanwhile, we have people complaining about there being no life buffs and, of course, the perennial complaint about 1-shot. First off, 1-shot is intentional. If nothing in the game can kill you before you can heal back up, then this game really has become a faceroll. They'll never remove the potential for 1-shot (except, of course, for those who stack enough ES to overcome that aka CI aka just wait till 3.0).

As for life buffs, it's already been understood that a larger life v/s ES rebalance is scheduled for 3.0. Whether that will significantly buff life or just significantly nerf ES, I don't know. But you've been given 1 more league to enjoy the CI meta. If you don't like that, then wait a few months. Or play a life build, I have - and in the current CI-meta league too. Deliberately chose not to play any AoE skills as well - Scorching Ray and Frost Blades, for those interested. They're perfectly viable. And yes, including against Shaper - you can find enough vids online for proof.

Besides all this, the Threshold jewel changes promise to make things more interesting. And contrary to that one guy, I've played a Volley Fire build - it's fine even if they limit it to just 2. Rolling Flames...well, that's another story, but they didn't say every Threshold jewel would have a hard cap. Indeed, the Viper Strike one looks pretty nice, actually.

All in all, I'm actually rather happy with these changes. And more changes will always come. For those complaining that GGG still hasn't finished balancing their game, I'm sorry but they'll never finish. Regardless of whether you think the current game balance is good or not, it'll never be "over". This game is intended to be continually shifting and evolving. So I'm afraid you're never going to have the comforting surety of safely having mastered the game for all time. It's much like how the real world operates in that sense, actually - nothing is ever going to be 'as safe as houses' (including houses - see GFC 2008). Get used to it. Get gud!

P.S.: Or maybe you can master the game for all time. This guy has, after all - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/105920 But you'll never do so by just following whatever the current meta is. There's a lesson for life in that as well. Peace!

This guy gets it! For you crybabies out there, here's an useful tool for you:

+1
#NeverGoing90
"
TwistedTrip wrote:
"
horusray wrote:
Spoiler
"
Exile009 wrote:
LMAO!! All these tears. Do you crybabies realize that almost all of these changes have been REQUESTED by the community for a while now?

AoE nerfs, Blade Flurry nerf, ES nerfs (more of those will come in 3.0), crit nerfs - all of these mechanics have been an issue that's been raised not just by GGG, but by players themselves on the forums and on Reddit. A lot of us aren't too happy with the screen-wide, speed-clear fest that PoE has become of late.

None - and I mean none - of these changes look like they've made any skill un-viable aka unable to handle endgame content. Rather it just makes them slower as they can't kill everything within 2 screen of your character in 1 click anymore (well, that's the hope, anyway). You can still clear maps just like before - you just (hopefully) can't pretend you're playing "Gone in 60 seconds".

Meanwhile, we have people complaining about there being no life buffs and, of course, the perennial complaint about 1-shot. First off, 1-shot is intentional. If nothing in the game can kill you before you can heal back up, then this game really has become a faceroll. They'll never remove the potential for 1-shot (except, of course, for those who stack enough ES to overcome that aka CI aka just wait till 3.0).

As for life buffs, it's already been understood that a larger life v/s ES rebalance is scheduled for 3.0. Whether that will significantly buff life or just significantly nerf ES, I don't know. But you've been given 1 more league to enjoy the CI meta. If you don't like that, then wait a few months. Or play a life build, I have - and in the current CI-meta league too. Deliberately chose not to play any AoE skills as well - Scorching Ray and Frost Blades, for those interested. They're perfectly viable. And yes, including against Shaper - you can find enough vids online for proof.

Besides all this, the Threshold jewel changes promise to make things more interesting. And contrary to that one guy, I've played a Volley Fire build - it's fine even if they limit it to just 2. Rolling Flames...well, that's another story, but they didn't say every Threshold jewel would have a hard cap. Indeed, the Viper Strike one looks pretty nice, actually.

All in all, I'm actually rather happy with these changes. And more changes will always come. For those complaining that GGG still hasn't finished balancing their game, I'm sorry but they'll never finish. Regardless of whether you think the current game balance is good or not, it'll never be "over". This game is intended to be continually shifting and evolving. So I'm afraid you're never going to have the comforting surety of safely having mastered the game for all time. It's much like how the real world operates in that sense, actually - nothing is ever going to be 'as safe as houses' (including houses - see GFC 2008). Get used to it. Get gud!

P.S.: Or maybe you can master the game for all time. This guy has, after all - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/105920 But you'll never do so by just following whatever the current meta is. There's a lesson for life in that as well. Peace!

This guy gets it! For you crybabies out there, here's an useful tool for you:

+1

+1
I'm Razielim, son of Raziel.

"Raziel, you're worthy..." - Elder God
"
Rory wrote:

Skill Balance Adjustments
A small number of skills have had their damage values adjusted. Damage increases have been applied to two skills that we were satisfied with the mechanics of, but felt like they didn't deal enough damage.
  • Sunder now deals more damage with its direct hit, but less damage with its secondary area effects.
  • Ice Crash has had its damage increased.

A damage reduction has been applied to one skill that dealt significantly more damage than other skills of its type, especially after one handed weapon changes.
  • Blade Flurry has had its damage reduced.

Two vaal auras have been reduced in power.
  • Vaal Haste now grants slightly lower values of attack, cast, and move speed.
  • Vaal Discipline no longer grants any bonus energy shield.

There will be many more changes to skills coming in 3.0.0 as part of The Fall of Oriath's Beta.

Ok, let's talk about the Skill Balance Adjustments. They all look very good with one exeption - the change to sunder. Really? WTF? Sunder was a perfect trash clear skill thanks to his secondary area effects and you nerfed that because you buffed the dps of its direct hit? Again wtf? Now the skill is completely useless. With lowered dmg to the secondary area effects there is not a single reason left to use it ever again because now earthquake is not only stronger 90% of the time, now earthquake is the better choice 100% of the time! If you were satisfied with the mechanics of sunder, but felt like it didn't deal enough damage than you could have done many different things to the skill but reducing the damage of its secondary area effects was not one of them. rofl Please stop balancing skills based on theoretical numbers, instead USE the skill with your own chars and try to understand its place in the game.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Feb 22, 2017, 9:14:03 PM
>>AoE nerf
>>Elemental Conv Nerf
>>Dagger Crit Nerf
>>a staple Vaal Gem Nerf

Oh but BF nerf and Block chance increase.

Gee thanks.

>>mfw still no Necromancy buffs/tweaks for zombies/spectres/skeletons that has been ruined for the past three years.
>>still no nerfs to actual broken skill gems and mechanics like max block/reflect, shock, unbalanced bosses, buffs to build diversity.

I wonder why I still play this game.

Path of Ten Builds.
Finally get to see my proposal take fruition months later. Thank you so much.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Last edited by Hixxie on Mar 12, 2017, 11:41:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info