Molten Shell

i wanted to humor them and assume they want the armor boost more. cast speed is just fine if wanting point blank AoE, which is high damage but slightly delayed depending on difficulty (as have to take hits).
This skills takes away to much pace of the combat, it interrupts and take to long to recast to make effective.Short/faster cast animation would be nice to see.
Last edited by Jillys on Jan 22, 2013, 7:22:15 AM
i completely agree. the interupt doesn't make this skill worth it.
A better solution would be to make it cast-able while running. (so the combat remains fluent in a way).
A shorter animation would also be nice.
Shouldnt Molten Shell work with the Stone of Lazwar unique (or anything the gives spell block) - absorving the spell damage that goes into the block rate? Or perhaps I read it wrong?
If the Spell deals Physical damage it will count towards the explosion threshold and be reduced by the Armor. Ancient Constructs deal Physical Spell damage (as well as Chaos), so they can trigger it on Spell Block.
"Shields break after absorbing X total damage" is confusing. At first I assumed that the shield actually was absorbing damage. It should probably be reworded to something like, "Shields break after they receive/take X total damage" or whatever you want to use that isn't confusing like absorbing.

Absorbing makes me think that the spell will take damage in place of me like an additional energy shield. I understand how the spell works now after dying a few times and reading this post. But a less confusing wording might help people new to the ability in the future. =)

Edit: "Shields break after mitigating X total damage" would make sense and be less confusing. =)
Last edited by Osirous on Jan 28, 2013, 12:11:18 PM
Please reword this skill...
"Shields Break after absorbing *** damage"
Sounds exactly like the spell should absorb damage then explode.

Should say
"After Your character mitigates *** damage the shield explodes"

Since that is what is does.

Very confusing
I have a question, does the explosion trigger if you resist elemental damage?

I stood in a group of lightning skeletons with 24% resist and took at lot of damage and it did not go off, Id be surprised if I didn't mitigate at least 55 damage but don't really have much to test it at the moment...

So im wondering is it possible?
I like this skill, but I would prefer that it gets tweaked. The problem I have with it is that it pops too fast. In the beginning it's fine, however later on you reach the threshold right off so you're constantly recasting it and are interrupted from using your normal attacks too often.

Two ideas are:
1. When it's cast, it stays active like lightning shield. Once it reaches it's threshold it pops the moment that you have enough magic, automatically taking the magic and resetting the threshold counter.

Upside being you are actually able to use it and your regular attacks.
Downside is that it can sap your magic reserves quick if you don't have enough.
*This is the one I would prefer.

2. Find a better scale for the damage threshold, damage, and magic cost (increase all) throughout the range of levels.

Either idea or something completely different, idc. What I do care about is that I'd like to use this skill but am dissuaded because of the current application. Please consider some kind of change.
Last edited by me2 on Feb 1, 2013, 6:33:40 PM
renewing mana cost sounds interesting but hard to mechanic in. rather have a mana degen but that won't really fit at all compared to how you suggested and for a rebalance.

kudos on idea causing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info