[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Hey, I'm a very very noob. Is this build still better (or at least equal) to the gladiator version. Basically... should I still go two handed or one handed dual wielding? Thanks
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the guide.

What is better between a lvl max vaal cyclone or a 21/2X cyclone in term of dps ?

Vaal cyclone is only for memes, you don't rly use it for dps since it locks you in place. Cyclone 21 > Vaal Cyclone 20
Before 3.7 this build was perfect for me. Now with the updates I'm running out of mana quickly. What am I missing? I chose the path tree without xophs blood.
"
TheMeninist wrote:
What am I missing?

Your account being on private making it impossible to look at your character to see what the issue is
"
Ratedetar wrote:
"
TheMeninist wrote:
What am I missing?

Your account being on private making it impossible to look at your character to see what the issue is

Sorry I play on Xbox so I can't show my character

Pretty nice 600k tooltop considering i'm using 13 skill points for increased fortify effect :D

Spoiler
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Last edited by Lunartuna on Jun 16, 2019, 10:20:50 PM
Playing on PS4 in Legion SC. I was using Limbsplit as I was saving every chaos for Ngamahu's Flame. Wasn't bad at first but became very painful to progress the further I got. I could tank fairly well but my damage was pathetic.

Finally close to the end of Act 8 I managed to save enough for Ngamahu. There was a 1 or 2 link for sale for the chaos I had. But flipping a few more tabs and I saw a 6 socket version for cheaper! Grabbed that super quick!

It was 3R 1G 2B. So close to perfect. Tried the few chromatics I had and ended up with 5R 1B. Doh! So got 3 of the 6 gems and gave it a whirl (pun intended). What a difference! Even with the gems at level 1 it was night and day when I took down Lunaris and Solaris (put intended again, sorry).

After that it only took 6 chromatics to get the right socket colours. Time to try the full gem setup. I still have a long ways to go with the rest of the equipment by I'm having way more fun now.

Thanks for the great build!

"
Hirogen wrote:

So first of all, thanks for the guide, been following it a few leagues and it's a lot of fun.

What is your opinion about replacing the "Ancestral Warchief" with "Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support" for generating Endurance Charges with Leap Slam?

I would always keep Ancestral Warchief cos that is good damage buff for boss fights. Especially if you link Multitotem to it. Having 3 totems smashing the boss look so satisfying.

You can move Leap Slam to another 4L that has optional gem and link Endurance Charge on Melee Stun. That will be better.

"
warxtreme wrote:
https://pastebin.com/55PxB50n

Alrighty friends, what do y'all think so far?
Am I grabbing too many damages nodes and not enough health?

I'm planning on grabbing either a Xoph's Blood or 6L my Bronn's next, though I honestly think I might just stick with Daresso's Salute.

Thanks mates.

I see that you are going Avatar of Fire and Elemental Overload. I recommend you to link from the path at AoF to EO. You will save 2 skill points.

Drop Atziri's Promise as it does not work for Slayer. Replace it with anti-curse Granite flask.

You will want an anti-freeze Quicksilver flask instead. It makes Cyclone feels smoother.

Get more levels, and 6L your Bronn. That will be your next biggest damage upgrade.

"
Hejti wrote:
Just corrupted it. Anyone knows if that attack damage to bleeding enemies works for cyclone and molten burst or no?

edit. seems it works for both since pob adds dmg if i check enemy is bleeding

Bleed doesn't work with the build because you need to deal physical damage in order to apply bleed effect.

"
TMFlash97 wrote:
Hey, I'm a very very noob. Is this build still better (or at least equal) to the gladiator version. Basically... should I still go two handed or one handed dual wielding? Thanks

This build requires Ngamahu's Flame. Dual Wielding will require a slightly different skill tree and different weapon setup.

"
jabaun wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the guide.

What is better between a lvl max vaal cyclone or a 21/2X cyclone in term of dps ?

What @Hejti said. 21/23 Cyclone is better.

"
TheMeninist wrote:
Before 3.7 this build was perfect for me. Now with the updates I'm running out of mana quickly. What am I missing? I chose the path tree without xophs blood.

You need a -mana ring as mentioned in the gems section for Cyclone. With that you can spin in hideout without ever running out of mana.

"
TheMeninist wrote:

Sorry I play on Xbox so I can't show my character

You might still want to check your privacy setting in POE website. Cos POB has option to import profiles from XBOX and PS4. In order for that to be possible, the character profile has to be open to public.

You might want to check with GGG support on how to link your XBOX account cos you should see a XBOX icon next to your name.

"
Lunartuna wrote:

Pretty nice 600k tooltop considering i'm using 13 skill points for increased fortify effect :D

Spoiler

Nice gears over there. Get your axe to 28% quality and that will give you more free damage. :D

I would suggest to get at least 1 x -mana ring. This makes Cyclone game play really smooth.

This is a good jewel but rolling it right can be a pain.

I have 10% chance to deal double damage when I socket it near Golem's Blood.

Timeless jewels have so many possibility out there to be discovered. So definitely try moving them around in the sockets to have them tested out when you find one.

On another note, I have been getting a lot of queries when it comes to chest coloring. I have updated the gems section for Cyclone in the guide. For convenience, I will paste it here too:

How do you gem swap between Bossing and Mapping setup?
Spoiler
You will color your chest with 2R 2B 2G and get Vorici to tier 3 in Research safehouse. Pray you get 2 or 3 white sockets at the right spots. If it fails, you have to re-attempt.

E.g.
Hi, great build and even greater guide.
Got only one question, correct me if im wrong:
1. With Xoph's Blood - we use Flammability + Blasphemy Support + Herald of Ash + Blood and Sand;
2. With Xoph's Blood + Watcher's Eye - we use Enlighten Support + Anger + Herlad of Ash and WE DON'T USE BLOOD AND SAND ANYMORE?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info