[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Hi there, I just bought a Xoph's amulet, and now I am, of course, broke haha

What should I upgrade next?

Also, would this skill tree be a decent path? https://pastebin.com/enePhRfv

Thanks a bunch!

Just one question, why the detour to take vitality void and why no salather and cleaving axes nodes?
Any tips on how to progress with this character (LuckyNC)? Right now I'm just filling out the Atlas, not sure what I should be doing (Uber Lab?) or what my next upgrade should be. Better boots/gloves/belt/rings seem like a good idea, but I wonder if I should just be saving for Xoph's instead. Also my resists are kind of awkward, if I replace any one piece of armor I would probably need to replace another to make up for any lost resists.

Offence (Cyclone)

Offence (MB)

Defence

I'm aiming for the Primeval Force Ignite path once I get Xoph's, in case that's relevant.

Thanks!
Last edited by alllucky7s on Aug 26, 2017, 4:24:10 PM
"
SlowDrugs wrote:
Nice, i lose 30+ EX for this build and can't kill Mino... Why HP no leech? Can't facetanking him, only dodge dodge dodge and die : ((

You should definitely kill Minotor with your set up... After you can't facetank like no brain you need to back up to let "endless Hunger" works. I just did Minotor yesterday with a 5L bronn and with Temporal Chain as a map mode, I didn't do a deathless run but I did it. Try to look some videos of Kira to have a better idea how to play the build against him. The only thing I see it's your ring, I'd change the sybils againts a life/dps/res ring. I don't play with sybils and I'm fine with the reflects mobs I have. (I don't run reflect map though)

"
xour wrote:

Thanks a bunch!

Gears you look good, Definitely try to save for a 6L bronn and after try to get more life on belt/boots
Also try to get Lion's Roar

"
alllucky7s wrote:
Any tips on how to progress with this character (LuckyNC)? Right now I'm just filling out the Atlas, not sure what I should be doing (Uber Lab?) or what my next upgrade should be. Better boots/gloves/belt/rings seem like a good idea, but I wonder if I should just be saving for Xoph's instead. Also my resists are kind of awkward, if I replace any one piece of armor I would probably need to replace another to make up for any lost resists.

Offence (Cyclone)

Offence (MB)

Defence

I'm aiming for the Primeval Force Ignite path once I get Xoph's, in case that's relevant.

Thanks!

Try to save for the xoph and at the same time think about the gear with the xoph (res cap and intel). Like that you won't have to switch again when you're going to have the Xoph.

Whoo 6 Link achieved

Now for Rings and Belt.
So how do you leech with 100% fire conversion?
"

Endless Hunger + Brutal Fervour and leech nodes, it's attack leech, not just phys
"
Phosphenez wrote:
"

Endless Hunger + Brutal Fervour and leech nodes, it's attack leech, not just phys

Wow im a 5 year noob.

Thanks for the answer!
"
danabower05 wrote:
So this build has 2 different skill tree's. I have been following the leveling skill tree but it goes all the way to 95. The other build is different. When should I switch over to the one that doesn't say leveling? From reading a few posts I see that maybe I should be getting Avatar of Fire? I don't have to currency to get any big ticket items over an exalt at the moment. My profile should be public but i'm wondering should I respec the the build that has avatar of fire? Thanks.

Yes you will go for Avatar of Fire skill tree when you are just starting out with the build. And I see that you are already spec-ed into it. :)

"
Lestain wrote:
If i have e.g. 5% chance to shock on a jewel or passive node, can this be triggered? Sorry for the dumb questions, google isnt much help on that.

You need lightning damage to apply shock.

"
gopotan wrote:
Which version will be generally better for everything Ngamahu or Starforge?

Someone who played both builds will be in a better position to answer you. :)

"
garthhey wrote:
I am loving cyclone. Played a zerker to level 89 and now leveling a slayer to compare.

A question for the more knowledgeable why would you choose wrecking ball instead of Slaughter and a key node? I know slaughter has 1 more skill point but the benefit of having onslaught more consistantly up seems very good.

Thank you

What @rexrose194 said.

"
Bresepls wrote:
Hey Kira!

Thanks for the great guide and build. I am new to POE and have really enjoyed leveling and gearing this character.

Had a suggestion I might throw your way for people who will be using Avatar of Fire for awhile.

I modified my tree at the suggestion of some friends. Going up from the STR node next to resolute techique to Avatar and dropping the Elementalist wheel and the STR nodes to the left.

POB link - https://pastebin.com/vZEJFvd2

IMGUR - https://i.imgur.com/3acl2NZ.png

Thanks again.

Yes. The tweak will enable you to get Avatar of Fire at an earlier stage. :)

"
AbdulJafreeze wrote:
Anyone able to look through my gear and stuff and see what the best upgrades would be? Character is "CYCLONE_AGAIN_FAM".

Seem to be struggling with bosses and stuff with only having 4k HP, not sure which upgrades to pursue first. Only have 6ex atm.

Ignore the passives that go from retribution to avatar of fire, those will be respecced once I get another few levels to reach it normally.

You can consider replacing Carnage Heart with a high life roll rare amulet. Check out the Recommended Rares section on preferred rolls on rings, belt, gloves and boots.

You are missing 2 jewels sockets in the skill tree, so having those 2 will give you more life too when you equip it with life % jewels.

Also, check out the flask section for recommended setup.

You will also want 3000 armor.

"
SlowDrugs wrote:
Nice, i lose 30+ EX for this build and can't kill Mino... Why HP no leech? Can't facetanking him, only dodge dodge dodge and die : ((

Minotaur requires you to hit and run. You can't face tank him when there are 2 stacks of falling rocks. Endless Hunger will usually not be able to out leech.

Jump to the next platform when you see the rocks overlapping and avoid his tunnel attack. You will be able to kill him. Remember to pop your flasks when you engage him.

"
xour wrote:

Spoiler

Thanks a bunch!

You are brunching to Herbalism from the left side. Brunch to it from the right side like the one shown in the guide and you will be able to get an additional 5% life node.

On upgrades, check out the Recommended Rares section on what to look out.

You can also look into upgrading your flasks to uniques.

And like @Sorytis16 said, next upgrade you will work on is 6L the Bronn.

"
alllucky7s wrote:

Offence (Cyclone)

Offence (MB)

Defence

Thanks!

You are running Windscream boots but I do not see dual curse in your setup. You will want to run Enfeeble curse together with Flammability. Drop Herald of Ash so that you have enough mana pool to do cyclone attack.

You are running unique gloves and boots, rare versions are much better. Check out the Recommended Rares section on expected rolls on rare slots.

Also, you will want to run at least a Granite flask. Check out flasks section too for recommended setup. :)
Good day today. Finally got Xophs. Also Ancient Orbed into a Taste of Hate.
Managed to take down Minotaur as well now after dying horribly when I tried him the first time. Good day!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info