[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

"
BlimpAtomic wrote:
What do you think about Carcass Jack over the rare armor chest piece you have? I know you lose armor for Evasion, but I think the Area Damage and the overall boost to your damage is too good to pass up.

Yeah sure feel free to go for a carcass. I just didn't want to invest more currenzy into my build and safe up for a 2nd build. But carcass is for sure a pretty awesome upgrade.

"
Awesome! Was wondering whether I needed to go CI or not with mines. What do you say about crit?

:: On second thought, this build rakes in enough damage without crit.

I wouldnt go CI, since you lose EB by doing so and have more mana probs. Also (but thats just me) I am not a big fan of CI without leech , I prefer to spam my health flasks to stay safe. You ' d probably have to get out of fight all the time to regen your ES, which kinda sucks.

About crit: If I were softcore I would probably ditch the templar area and go for crit. But it's not really that necessary as you already found out yourself. I think crit is always an all or nothing thing. If you go for crit you should invest a lot of points in crit and multiplier and also in crit and multiplier on your gear to make it worth it.

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Dec 13, 2016, 7:05:08 PM
Just tried to do breach lord and figure out that it is totally doable, the ice one is a little bit tough. However, haven't try out the chaos one yet.

And I tried to do two Guardian, Phoenix and Minotaur, used 2 portal each to take down both of them, just put down Decoy totem and mine together and fight slowly. Notice that I am not using EB anymore.
Last edited by SuperBillyDog on Dec 13, 2016, 9:12:15 PM
I feel so helpless when boss in T9 ceels map oneshot my totem and golem, whitout any hard mods in map. I'm tired recast golem and totem :( Sceared to go on T10+
Last edited by Per on Dec 14, 2016, 6:26:36 PM
"
SuperBillyDog wrote:
Just tried to do breach lord and figure out that it is totally doable, the ice one is a little bit tough. However, haven't try out the chaos one yet.

And I tried to do two Guardian, Phoenix and Minotaur, used 2 portal each to take down both of them, just put down Decoy totem and mine together and fight slowly. Notice that I am not using EB anymore.

please post your char! =)
Thanks for the build, I'm enjoying it.

I'm only on a 5L, but my Mana problems haven't been so big that I that do take EB/ZO. I'm currently lvl 81 and have completed your skill tree (without EB/ZO), so I will have ~8-10 points left to spend. I've only been to t10 maps, so still a bit away from the highest tiers. With that in mind do you have a recommendation on what is best to focus on? Fire dmg? Cast speed to get mines out quicker? Attack speed for shield charge? Life for tankiness?

I'm seeing
- 2 points: 14% inc. mine damage nodes at Volatile Mines
- 5 points: fire dmg nodes at Heart of flame (71% fire dmg, 3% fire res penetration)
- 4 points: Go to snowforged node (43% fire dmg, 30% crit)
- 6 points: 3 jewel slots nearby (could be filled with 7% life + 15% fire dmg and maybe a 3rd useful stat each, sounds quite good?)
- 3 points: 12% cast speed at Shadow start or at Nimbleness
- 3 points: 9% inc cast and attack speed at Precision
- 3 points: 12% attack speed at Shadow start
- 4 points: 15% life at Melding

"
dANNY187 wrote:
"
SuperBillyDog wrote:

please post your char! =)

I think my character page is public, you can have a look with that =)
Hi, wanted to thank you for a !nicebuild.
So far it's been fun, reached maps with relative ease, however late merciless and starting maps at ~75 was kinda hard and face many deaths.

Currently looking at ~3k tooltip dps with 40% helm enchant(3-4ex for 2x trigger mines was too expensive for me)
after maxing res's and getting dual curse merc izaro was very smooth.

Dmg by my calculations is around 70-90k while 11 mines are layed. I plan getting better shield and start looking how to improve dps.
Also I haven't got eldrich yet, instead I went for that life node cluster that's opposite of zealoth oath. With Voll's vision hp was around 4,5-4,9k.

Oh and this can be quite MF build aswell, running item rarity on 6 link and still clear trash with ease.

Would you update skilltree for lv 100 tree?
Would it be sensible to take melding and Fire walker?

Items:
Spoiler

this helmet helped a lot 70-80 progress

Last edited by l0gard on Dec 15, 2016, 3:44:40 AM
if i want to go from low budget to medium do you guys think doryani's catalyst would be a good improvement?
"
seeRettich wrote:
Thanks for the build, I'm enjoying it.

I'm only on a 5L, but my Mana problems haven't been so big that I that do take EB/ZO. I'm currently lvl 81 and have completed your skill tree (without EB/ZO), so I will have ~8-10 points left to spend. I've only been to t10 maps, so still a bit away from the highest tiers. With that in mind do you have a recommendation on what is best to focus on? Fire dmg? Cast speed to get mines out quicker? Attack speed for shield charge? Life for tankiness?

I'm seeing
- 2 points: 14% inc. mine damage nodes at Volatile Mines
- 5 points: fire dmg nodes at Heart of flame (71% fire dmg, 3% fire res penetration)
- 4 points: Go to snowforged node (43% fire dmg, 30% crit)
- 6 points: 3 jewel slots nearby (could be filled with 7% life + 15% fire dmg and maybe a 3rd useful stat each, sounds quite good?)
- 3 points: 12% cast speed at Shadow start or at Nimbleness
- 3 points: 9% inc cast and attack speed at Precision
- 3 points: 12% attack speed at Shadow start
- 4 points: 15% life at Melding

I would probably go for Jewel Slots or towards Heart of flame.

"
l0gard wrote:
Hi, wanted to thank you for a !nicebuild.
So far it's been fun, reached maps with relative ease, however late merciless and starting maps at ~75 was kinda hard and face many deaths.

Currently looking at ~3k tooltip dps with 40% helm enchant(3-4ex for 2x trigger mines was too expensive for me)
after maxing res's and getting dual curse merc izaro was very smooth.

Dmg by my calculations is around 70-90k while 11 mines are layed. I plan getting better shield and start looking how to improve dps.
Also I haven't got eldrich yet, instead I went for that life node cluster that's opposite of zealoth oath. With Voll's vision hp was around 4,5-4,9k.

Oh and this can be quite MF build aswell, running item rarity on 6 link and still clear trash with ease.

Would you update skilltree for lv 100 tree?
Would it be sensible to take melding and Fire walker?

Items:
Spoiler

this helmet helped a lot 70-80 progress

I am not a fan of posting a lvl 100 build , after spending those 108 points you should just aim for whatever you feel lacks the most at the moment. As stated above I'd probably go for Heart of flame + Jewel slots.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
I loved your build up until I died during my first merc dried lake run because I hadn't equipped CWDT. Is there a method to detonating mines fast at bosses? Do I just spam click and D at the same time or is there more to it?

Also, two small questions about your skill tree:
Why do you take Fangs of the Viper? Is it for the movement speed?

On the volatile mines wheel, why do you take the 10%dmg+20%dur node instead of the 14% dmg node? Does the duration have a benefit I'm missing?
Last edited by pernero on Dec 15, 2016, 9:29:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info