[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

"
UPDATE ON LEVELING GUIDE: PLS MULE MARAUDER INSTEAD OF TEMPLAR (that way you get decoy totem directly as a quest reward instead of having to buy it from nessa)

You should probably also stash your Heavy Strike for the Vendor Recipe:

"Iron Ring" + "Red Gem" = "Ruby Ring"

For the +1 fire recipe just in case you can't find (or buy) a Ruby Ring.

"
"Fire Nova Mine's damage multiplier is now restricted to hits and ailments."

Don't know about this either. Can anybody eleborate?
"
Fire Nova Mine's damage multiplier is now restricted to hits and ailments.

does the patch affect this build that much?

edit- I shouldve back read.. thanks
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
Last edited by jinda002 on Aug 2, 2017, 4:16:07 AM
"
Gnarfo wrote:
"
UPDATE ON LEVELING GUIDE: PLS MULE MARAUDER INSTEAD OF TEMPLAR (that way you get decoy totem directly as a quest reward instead of having to buy it from nessa)

You should probably also stash your Heavy Strike for the Vendor Recipe:

"Iron Ring" + "Red Gem" = "Ruby Ring"

For the +1 fire recipe just in case you can't find (or buy) a Ruby Ring.

"
"Fire Nova Mine's damage multiplier is now restricted to hits and ailments."

Don't know about this either. Can anybody eleborate?

good idea keeping heavy strike for iron + red gem !

I edited the part about multiplier restriction to hit and ailments. It doesn't affect us since it's only there to exclude on hit effects like decay which we dont use.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Hey man i was curious what your thoughts are on using a totem to detonate mine vs self casting detonate. i feel like using self cast was too clunky but i havent tried using the totem
Text version of guide would be very nice
"
Xinta wrote:
Hey man i was curious what your thoughts are on using a totem to detonate mine vs self casting detonate. i feel like using self cast was too clunky but i havent tried using the totem

Not a fan, I want to be in control of when I am going to detonate my mines. Sometimes you wanna let them detonate after one cluster of mines , sometimes after 2 clusters, sometimes after 3 depending on how far spread the mobs are.

"
_biggoodeeny wrote:
Text version of guide would be very nice

If you import my path of building via the pastebin code, you pretty much have a textform guide.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Aug 2, 2017, 10:39:07 AM
First of all, thanks for the build - quite detailed explanation for a newcomer like me.
I've already tested it (a bit - to 60+ level) in the last league and prolly will start it in 3.0.

Got a couple of nooby questions though: you mentioned it is not designed for endgame bosses - but is there, well, at least some chance to do them, lets say, once? Or it is almost impossible? You said the reason in the lack of mana - but I can't get it - why so, when it is regenerated?

Second, what in your opinion, the best way to get 20% quality gems? Just keep 6 copies in 2nd wep slot and once they hit 20 lvl - 20% them, and level all the way again (while still using normal 20 lvl gems)?

Third - why do we bother with quicksilver flasks - when we've got shield charge?
Last edited by Azimuthus on Aug 2, 2017, 11:44:22 AM
"
Azimuthus wrote:
First of all, thanks for the build - quite detailed explanation for a newcomer like me.
I've already tested it (a bit - to 60+ level) in the last league and prolly will start it in 3.0.

Got a couple of nooby questions though: you mentioned it is not designed for endgame bosses - but is there, well, at least some chance to do them, lets say, once? Or it is almost impossible? You said the reason in the lack of mana - but I can't get it - why so, when it is regenerated?

Second, what in your opinion, the best way to get 20% quality gems? Just keep 6 copies in 2nd wep slot and once they hit 20 lvl - 20% them, and level all the way again (while still using normal 20 lvl gems)?

Third - why do we bother with quicksilver flasks - when we've got shield charge?

1)Guardians , Shaper , Uber Atziri are almost impossible to do as long as you dont reg more life than you spend. You drop too low in life and risk dying or you have to leave the map which costs you valuable portals.

2) In my secondary weapon slots, I would level 6 x FNM twice to level 20 for the chance to get a 21/20 FNM. In order to have that chance to vaal orb a 20/20 FNM earlier I use all my GCP's to quality 1-2 FNM to 20 quality as soon as they reach lvl 20. You gotta do that at least for 1 FNM so that you keep at least one max level (worst case lvl 19 FNM gem) at all times.

All the other gems in my setups I level to 20 , do the quality recipe, and level them to 20 again. After you've done the quality recipe all your gems are level 1 again - which sucks , but only for a short time since they are pretty fast back at lvl 16/17 but then with 20 qual.

3) Modifiers to movement speed affect the charging animation speed of shield charge, so you charge faster while using a qss.
Last edited by KikosLive on Aug 2, 2017, 12:40:35 PM
First off, great guide and I will most certainly use this build as my 1st char on 3.0.

Was just wondering after reading patch notes. "Traps and Mines are now invulnerable while they are arming and invulnerable while they are casting their skill. This means a trap thrown directly onto a monster who will detonate it cannot be destroyed before it detonates."

Do we still rush Clever Construction just for the extra dmg?
"
KikosLive wrote:
ALL CHANGES THAT AFFECT US FROM THE OFFICIAL PATCH NOTES 3.0 :

"Traps and Mines are now invulnerable while they are arming and invulnerable while they are casting their skill. This means a trap thrown directly onto a monster who will detonate it cannot be destroyed before it detonates."

Good for leveling until you have Clever Construction.

Wouldn't this effectively replace Clever Construction? If it can't be destroyed before detonation, wouldn't we get the full effect of the mine payload and not need to take the passive? I'm new to PoE, so forgive me if I'm thinking of this incorrectly.

Edit: NVM, Didn't realize there was a 20% damage increase included with that node too. Still though, would this change the leveling path since it's no longer as important?

Also, with this change to Remote Mine Support, would you consider using it over anything else in the build?

"
GGG wrote:
Remote Mine Support now deals 30% more Mine damage at gem level 1, rather than more Mine damage to hits, up to 49% more Mine damage at gem level 20.
Last edited by McBinary on Aug 2, 2017, 2:58:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info