[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

"
Staehren wrote:

yeah i figured, was just curious, what do you feel about doryani's vaal sceptre? huge ele damage boost

http://www.imgur.com/a/42eGG

I tried it out. It's the old doryani's the new one has a better implicit, but that won't make a huge difference. You really want flat ele dmg to spells it scales better than 100% inc ele dmg
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
I'm using this build but I've barely touched Fire Nova Mine at all. I'm finding Frost Blades that I got from the first mission to be much better DPS and clear speed, even when I compare it to a better-linked Fire Nova Mine. Around lvl 25 now and Frost Blades is still much better even with the same passives, and my Frost Blades is only 2L with Added Cold damage. I could make its links much better than they are, but I don't need to; it destroys Fire Nova Mine.
All you gotta do is throw on your best 2H melee weapon and put Frost Blades anywhere. You don't even need to link it, but it's easy to throw on Added Cold Damage, Fire Damage, Faster Attacks, or whatever you want that helps. It's also elemental so it does benefit from elemental passives on the tree. I'd highly recommend using Frost Blades for leveling instead and switch to FNM later. I'm still wondering when it's going to be worth switching.
Last edited by Brian on Mar 6, 2017, 5:32:42 AM
how much Es i need for smooth play?
I got this weapon for 10c:

How would you rate the "penetrate elemental res" compared to % elemental dmg from other weapon bases?

Also using this shield atm, but not sure yet if I should switch to a more defensive option in highter tier maps, what do you think about Lioneye's Remorse? A lot of life, but reduced movementspeed is kinda meh

Last edited by MMCShiNi on Mar 6, 2017, 7:17:35 AM
"
mik101 wrote:
how much Es i need for smooth play?

I guess you are talking about the non covenant version , so without blood magic.
I think you want about 1k ES and then use Vaal Clarity linked to inc duration on cooldown.

"
MMCShiNi wrote:
I got this weapon for 10c:

How would you rate the "penetrate elemental res" compared to % elemental dmg from other weapon bases?

Also using this shield atm, but not sure yet if I should switch to a more defensive option in highter tier maps, what do you think about Lioneye's Remorse? A lot of life, but reduced movementspeed is kinda meh

Lol that weapon is insane. I would gladly buy it for 2ex. I also like the implicit. Ele pen is in my opinion way better than % ele dmg.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Mar 6, 2017, 9:11:20 AM
What about jewels?
There are such nice combinations like mine damage, spell damage, ele damage, fire damage, area damage, crit chance and multi, ...

Are they not worth it in this build?
Im having a blast playing this, thanks alot! I have one concern though, my strength isnt nearly high enough to wear those big armor shields and to keep the other str spells up to date, should i reach out and grab the big +30 str to make up for it? How do you guys solve that problem?
Maybe I missed it, how do you use arctic armour? Enfeeble and temp chains reserve 70% and arctic armour 30% :>
"
MMCShiNi wrote:
Maybe I missed it, how do you use arctic armour? Enfeeble and temp chains reserve 70% and arctic armour 30% :>

With the Covenant chest the mines use blood magic, so if you have enough regen and not need the golem you can reserve all mana.
I don't understand where you get power charges from, what am i missing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info