[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

"
xDaggrax wrote:
End game what type of gear should I be getting? I mean other than covenant and doedre's am I going for gear with energy shield if its available?

I will probably aim mostly for pretty good rare gear with lots of life, armour and ES. Since as soon as you lay down mines your ES regen gets interrupted, ES is not that strong as a defensive layer, it's just a nice bonus, so it's really up to you if you wanna focus on ES or armour. I personally try to aim for more armour.

"
Synthetyk wrote:
I'm confused. Your first gear post mentions you respec to crit once you get the covenant chest piece.. yet then there is a reply mentioning you don't take ele overload because you nearly NEVER crit.

Am I missing something here? The tree to respec for covenant goes with alot of crit.

Ok, sorry for the confusion. It's all a bit confusing cause I never thought the covenant would be that easy to get. So Elemental overload only makes sense, when you don't have a crit build since you lose all your crit multiplier. The "it nearly never crits" refered to my old build or the "0 uniques needed version" where I didn't skill crit at all. In the end it's best to just ignore Elemental Overload no matter what build for Fire Nova Mines.

"
Kaddomir wrote:
this build is good to start in new HC league<>?

I'd say so yes. At least that's what I am doing right now.

"
SuizideFF wrote:
I got The Covenant. Should i get the Power Charge as last Bandit? Would you wear a dagger? And what auras would be the best since mana isnt a Problem?

Yes, go for the Power Charge. I totally forgot to change that in my guide, ty. I think for any crit build dagger should (although their implicits got nerfed) be the weapon of choice, yes. You won't be able to leap slam anymore though which was our only way to get over obsticles and take shortcuts.
So it's up to you and your personal preference if you wanna go sceptre for more movability or dagger for more crit.

Auras: Temp Chain and Enfeeble linked to blasphemy and Arctic Armour.

"
xDaggrax wrote:
I seen another post where someone suggested mines can benefit from the +trap damage of sunblast cloth belt? Perhaps an old mechanic if at all but will this work currently? thx!

Should not work, GGG is very strict with their wording. Sunblast should only influence Traps, maybe the guy was using a remote mine trap.

"
Ozziwozzy wrote:
first of all im playing this build on 2.6 and i absolutely love it,

but i was wondering about what flasks will be best suited to this build,

cant seem to find them in your guide.

Hi glad you are enjoying FNM :)

Flasks:
Seething Divine Life Flask of Heat
Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching
Surgeon's Quicksilver of Adrenaline ( if not crit yet -> Experimenter's Quicksilver of Adrenaline)

Experimenter's Diamond Flask of Warding (Can't get surgeons on diamond flask, if not crit -> perpetual Basalt flask of warding)

Surgeon's Granite Flask of Iron Skin (if not crit -> perpetual granite of iron skin)

"
Kaddomir wrote:
Another question is maybe we dont need respec if this chest is so low budget? i mean we can get it so easly, why we should waste time for respec?

Before league started I really though it would be hard to get a covenant. Still I wouldn't go crit before you are around level 80ish, you just don't have the points available for the crit nodes. Just leave out EB/ ZO , pretty much all the mana stuff.

I went for double curse in the tree because of resistances while not having good gear, so I didn't want to use doedre's damning too early.
I am playing this build as well this league, feel free to check out my tree as a reference. Char name is KikosFirFireOuchSoHot.

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
"
KikosLive wrote:

"
Kaddomir wrote:
Another question is maybe we dont need respec if this chest is so low budget? i mean we can get it so easly, why we should waste time for respec?

Before league started I really though it would be hard to get a covenant. Still I wouldn't go crit before you are around level 80ish, you just don't have the points available for the crit nodes. Just leave out EB/ ZO , pretty much all the mana stuff.

I went for double curse in the tree because of resistances while not having good gear, so I didn't want to use doedre's damning too early.
I am playing this build as well this league, feel free to check out my tree as a reference. Char name is KikosFirFireOuchSoHot.

i didn't get it (my enlgish is poor, sorry), we can just go tree "Build we respec to as soon as we have our Covenant Chest" from start, or need to go "Starter Build/0 Uniques Needed" with ignoring mana nodes, EB and zealot's oath?

And can u fix please ur first post (like tree, description and etc), because some staff there a bit confusing ppl (and not much will check 26 pages of discussion to get answers).

And realy thank you, for ur great work, sir. Realy nice build
Last edited by Kaddomir on Mar 5, 2017, 12:09:17 AM
I'm liking this build on legacy so far. With breech stones its not to difficult to get a few chaos early on to get the covenant and doedre's ring. I have those and will also see how well doedre's scorn works with this. Could I get some suggestions for min/max on end game gear please?
Why not stick to scepters and use a "Doryani's Catalyst" and "Rathpit Shield" instead, you get way more damage and almost same crit chance bonus. According to "Path of Building" you would get almost 3k more damage that way. Using your crit build as base, with "Doryani", "Rathpit", "Xoph's Blood" and 4 decent jewels, you can reach around 7.5k average damage.
Last edited by SaintLucifer on Mar 5, 2017, 1:43:00 AM
Hey loving your build so far <3

Just one question:

1. Since I play in LSC I can gear a bit more damage oriented. I think the best option in lategame would be a dagger+spirit shield combo with + spelldmg and +crit chance for spells right?
Just got to lvl 60 today, very fun build to play. literally 1-shoting almost everything right now,

Just one question, do you think covenant is worth it to get it 5 linked and go into end game with? I'm really liking the ES and free blood magic.
I'm seeking advice on how to get more Strength. I'm currently level 59 and only have 54 strength... I need more to equip a scepter in order to increase my elemental damage. Advice appreciated.
"
SaintLucifer wrote:
Why not stick to scepters and use a "Doryani's Catalyst" and "Rathpit Shield" instead, you get way more damage and almost same crit chance bonus. According to "Path of Building" you would get almost 3k more damage that way. Using your crit build as base, with "Doryani", "Rathpit", "Xoph's Blood" and 4 decent jewels, you can reach around 7.5k average damage.

Because early on both rathpith and doryani's go for over an ex so it's not realistically league starter gear. For later on it's probably a great option though.

"
Tschenoble wrote:
I'm seeking advice on how to get more Strength. I'm currently level 59 and only have 54 strength... I need more to equip a scepter in order to increase my elemental damage. Advice appreciated.

Grab the 2 +30 str nodes marked here www.poeurl.com/7XI Once you get the str from the templar area you can respec at least one, then you can just get one piece of gear and respec the other.
Last edited by astrartea on Mar 5, 2017, 2:43:00 AM
Hey. Loving this build so far. Using it as my league starter. I just wanted to mention one thing for anyone following this build and maybe for you to update your guide.

Your pathing to Explosive Impact (near witch/templar area) should go around the right, not the left. The "cast speed with fire skills" does nothing for us because mine laying is not affected by cast speed, and although "Detonate" is, it isn't a fire skill. So it's more efficient to go to the right and get 4% extra fire damage.

I'm also curious about your play style with this build. Do you keep laying until you hit your max mines? Or do you lay, detonate, lay, detonate, etc?
"
bridgeburner wrote:
...snip...

I'm also curious about your play style with this build. Do you keep laying until you hit your max mines? Or do you lay, detonate, lay, detonate, etc?

For normal mobs just one cast is enough, may need 2 or 3 casts for rares and just spam the 11 mines on bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info