Blight

Honestly I'd love it if this were buffed to be capable of being used as a primary damage skill, it seems like it would be really fun if the AE and DPS were significantly buffed.
Seems like RickyDMMont2ya pretty much laid it out.

Ye I want it to be buffed to be a primary damage dealer. Always been interested in the chaos skills.
i like how the skill looks but i think it has too great of AOE making it require no skill to aim. i would like if it were more similar to scorching ray and maybe increased in range with aoe support
"
pandasplaying wrote:
i like how the skill looks but i think it has too great of AOE making it require no skill to aim. i would like if it were more similar to scorching ray and maybe increased in range with aoe support

I don't know, since its a DoT that requires stacking I think the wide angle is called for.
"
EvaShogouki01 wrote:
"
pandasplaying wrote:

I don't know, since its a DoT that requires stacking I think the wide angle is called for.

For sure agree here, its length is terrible besides. Really want this to get a damage buff, consensus so far is it's bad :(
This skill had my name written all over it, it has everything I ever want in a skill.... until I actually played it. It's is complete trash. It has no damage, no range, and it's slow is basically irrelevant.

Tried both leveling with this, and adapting it onto my lvl 67 Cancer Arrow Trickster, both of which were built as glass cannons.

Leveling with this skill is a chore. Even on a +1 wand with as much spell damage and cast speed as I could muster it struggled to kill even white packs, let alone bosses.
It's damage is simply abysmal, taking far too long to ramp up. And with it's extremely limited range it not only puts you at a great deal of risk, but cannot clear even small packs of mobs effectively.

It makes Detonate Dead look good. While it has some potential for massive cast speed builds, it's stack cap prevents it from ever being nearly as good as really any direct damaging skill in that scenario. Ricky more or less was right in his assessment.
It's damage is just the worst. But honestly I think it's range is it's biggest bottleneck.

During my leveling experience I acquired a Massive Shine buff, which greatly increased my range to about half the screen or so, and that was the only time I thought 'hey this isn't too bad, I can clear with this'. I had to get a ridiculously huge amount of AOE just for it to become serviceable on a glass cannon build...... bravo. (slow clap)

And it's slow was just useless. With a range this short you can't make use of it, and it's one time usage prevents it from having any use at all against bosses or really anything that doesn't die instantly. Your really just better off nuking them from range then risking it in melee range with an unreliable slow.

My brief experience with my Trickster was more of the same, even with a ton on chaos and DOT damage it was barely doing anything, and again it's non existent range kneecaps this as a clear skill. But even with +95% increased duration, the slow was still worthless.
It really didn't make the usage of this skill anymore functional or useful.

Nobody should be using this skill, it was clearly not finished yet.

Not only does it need a great deal more damage and range, but the slow mechanic needs to be more reliable otherwise your always going to be better off using Essence Drain and Contagion, or Cancer Arrow, as they are vastly safer to use given their range.
If the slow was a Hinder instead the was applied each time you applied a stack, then that would quite well even if it has a short duration.

But this current implementation is just bad in every conceivable way. And I was looking forward to this skill the most.
Last edited by YohSL on Nov 19, 2016, 2:20:44 AM
"
EvaShogouki01 wrote:
"
pandasplaying wrote:

why use a skill requiring zero skill to use? not what i call fun
Made a new Shadow to test this skill.

I see it gets a lot of negative comments, but I actually like it.

I play the regular contagion/essence drain and use Blight - Conc effect - Void to kill remaining blues/yellows faster. I don't bother stacking up to 20. In boss fights I cast ED (void + posion) and use blight, but I keep positioning. The hinder is nice since I am a self found freak (come n hate me some more) and I didn't found a spell totem gem yet for my wither.

Blight seems to complement Cont/ED just nice, leveling to act4 was smooth. Gonna stop here and wait out the 13 days. I will reroll this chaos shadow as Trickster for Breach.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
Read that its a terrible leveling skill.
Tried it myself with a fresh Shadow, with no skill point allocated 'till lvl 15.
Fastest act 1 clear i've ever done on a caster, by far (faster than pre nerf spark and such things)

According to numbers, Blight deals high damage later on aswell. With a Wither Totem, it's actually the strongest non crit spell damage wise, numerically, by quite a big margin.

Blight isn't meant to be a screen cleaner (even though you could with high investment in AoE increase). It provides an additionnal single target damage output when needed. And it's super strong at that.
ED/Contagion clears faster against squishy white mobs (general clear speed) but struggles against higher HP mobs (and Decay bows will probably disappear hopefully). That's where Blight shines.
"
Iyacthu wrote:
Read that its a terrible leveling skill.
Tried it myself with a fresh Shadow, with no skill point allocated 'till lvl 15.
Fastest act 1 clear i've ever done on a caster, by far (faster than pre nerf spark and such things)

According to numbers, Blight deals high damage later on aswell. With a Wither Totem, it's actually the strongest non crit spell damage wise, numerically, by quite a big margin.

Blight isn't meant to be a screen cleaner (even though you could with high investment in AoE increase). It provides an additionnal single target damage output when needed. And it's super strong at that.
ED/Contagion clears faster against squishy white mobs (general clear speed) but struggles against higher HP mobs (and Decay bows will probably disappear hopefully). That's where Blight shines.

+1

I made the same experience.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info