[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

Made this build as my second one after I started playing ago. Trapper has been my long time dream (pretty much since they were introduced), so now was the time.

So much fun. Currently level 66. Clearing hordes is quick and Fire Trap is respectable skill for killing stronger enemies, but not the best. That's why I play with my friend, who has character with more focus on single target, so we compliment each other. Yesterday we defeated Kitava, died less than last time.

Survivability is okay, didn't have even 3K life on Kitava fight, deaths were thanks to poor positioning on my part. Mind Over Matters helps :)

Using multiple traps ensures that I always have something to throw. Never had any mana problems.

Probably most problematic aspect has been getting resistances. I play on Standard and I use legacy Deerstalkers, so resistance buff I would get from rare boots sure feels. Managed to barely cap resistances after Kitava, so I guess I'll manage.
NVM, i wanted to post a POB link to the build then i found your pob link i missed before :P
Last edited by sharkyna on Sep 17, 2017, 6:26:27 AM
Added a Path of Building code for this build. To generate the correct damage numbers, you have to configurate things here and there, like the last type of damage the opponent was hit with and whether or not he is Shocked. Despite all that, the damage is not correct as there is no feature that adds x number of Traps, since the damage output of this build gets increased by 8% per active Trap. Also, gear got updated.
Well, after a bit of testing, I managed to deter that this build, with some proper gear, also manages Uber Atziri quite easily. However, there is one thing that keeps me from saying that this build is Uber Atziri viable... Basically, those first two Vaal Constructs. Atziri and the Trio are manageable because the damage of the first one is potentially fully dodgeable while with the latter one just has to do a lot of kite work.

However, the damage with the Vaal Constructs is almost impossible to avoid, especially those lightning balls they shoot. Because of the complete lack of sustaining life through Life leech/regeneration, neither the necessary damage on this build to kill them in seconds and the ton of little zaps to life here and there, not to mention if you get unlucky and they both laserbeam you at once, these two Constructs may be the hardest boss ever for this build. I easily could make a Video of killing Uber Atziri without death, but would I be cheating since I never manage to beat the first without dying, oh, about 4 times, if not wipe on him completely.

Just a little update to show that this build is not Uber Atziri viable. Well, I guess it's semi-Uber Atziri viable if you got a buddy that kills the first pair of bosses for you.
Last edited by MrMoho on Oct 3, 2017, 7:21:08 AM
How's this build with Elementalist and Mastermind of Discord + Ele Equilibrium?
"
Songweaver wrote:
How's this build with Elementalist and Mastermind of Discord + Ele Equilibrium?

Not too sure, actually. One thing that would change is that you no longer would have Chain Reaction, which would make Cluster Trap near useless. Then there is also the fact that too much resistance penetration reduces in effectiveness the more you gain. The 25% probably won't add that much anymore, except maybe for high resistance bosses, like the Shaper. I don't think it would be too effective, to be honest.
Hey. I was hoping for some advice, possibly. I know the majority of my gear isn't optimized, nor are my flasks, which plays a huge part. And I'm still a pretty low level. But I'm doing alright in maps -- loving the build. The thing that's really disappointing me is how hard I'm struggling in breaches, or in areas where monsters just pile on me.
Do I just need more HP/ES + more mana/regen for better MoM management & better flasks? It's something I'm working on with levels and as my budget allows.
Wanted to know how anyone else handles breaches in higher maps with this build, to make sure it's not just me.
Thanks!
"
FuchsBunbury wrote:
Hey. I was hoping for some advice, possibly. I know the majority of my gear isn't optimized, nor are my flasks, which plays a huge part. And I'm still a pretty low level. But I'm doing alright in maps -- loving the build. The thing that's really disappointing me is how hard I'm struggling in breaches, or in areas where monsters just pile on me.
Do I just need more HP/ES + more mana/regen for better MoM management & better flasks? It's something I'm working on with levels and as my budget allows.
Wanted to know how anyone else handles breaches in higher maps with this build, to make sure it's not just me.
Thanks!

Looking at your character, I'd say that you need a couple more levels and/or a bit better gear here and there. The extra ES and Life you will gain through that will really help. When it comes to Breaches, stick to the middle of it and don't overdo it until you get higher in level. Always try to stay away from groups of enemies and throw your traps at them from afar. Always keep moving, basically.
Hey guys, I have a question.

I'm trying this build in SSF and I want to ask about helping Alira.. Is it better to help her? or should I get the 2 skillpoints? Thanks!
Last edited by Crypt666 on Oct 15, 2017, 1:33:30 PM
"
Crypt666 wrote:
Hey guys, I have a question.

I'm trying this build in SSF and I want to ask about helping Alira.. Is it better to help her? or should I get the 2 skillpoints? Thanks!

Well, that's a bit of a tough one, though are the reasons simple. With Alira, you get 15% to all resistances, which helps a lot since they are a bit tough to get due to the many uniques used. She also offers Mana regeneration which helps tremendously early on, and more critical damage is always nice. I'd say you definitely should use her to level, though if you get the regret, you could switch her out for those 2 skillpoints.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info