[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

Just hit 44, have a nice 6soc WI, decent ES gear..Is it supposed to be mana hungry starting? Running Warlords/ES Aura..Leaves me with one cast before running OOM.

Think I'm doing something wrong though D:
First time playing a WI build, how has the aoe nerf esp to Blasphemy+Curse hurt the build?

Planning to play til around level 94:
I'm going for a slightly different path towards unwavering stance.
https://tinyurl.com/jpx95z3

or would this be better?
http://tinyurl.com/jbwpso4

thoughts?
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Mar 9, 2017, 4:20:54 AM
"
Mech_ wrote:
Just hit 44, have a nice 6soc WI, decent ES gear..Is it supposed to be mana hungry starting? Running Warlords/ES Aura..Leaves me with one cast before running OOM.

Think I'm doing something wrong though D:

Mana is an issue while leveling before 55-60. Carry a mana flask, use RC, don't use too many gems that add a lot of mana cost. Having mana for 2 casts is fine, but if you only have enough for 1 then use something like IR in the 6th socket, something that doesn't add mana cost. You can see in the leveling video how I managed the mana. It gets easier with levels as your mana pool grows and the aura radius increases.

"
kelongngu wrote:
First time playing a WI build, how has the aoe nerf esp to Blasphemy+Curse hurt the build?

Planning to play til around level 94:
I'm going for a slightly different path towards unwavering stance.
https://tinyurl.com/jpx95z3

or would this be better?
http://tinyurl.com/jbwpso4

thoughts?

AoE change had almost no effect on this build.

Both of your trees are bad. You waste a lot of nodes and get crappy Int with that. And to compensate for low Int you waste even more nodes to get ES and damage separately. But Int gives you both damage and ES. 10 Int is better than 10% damage. All %ES nodes that are not already in the main path are useless. 1500 Int = 300% inc ES.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 9, 2017, 4:27:37 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

AoE change had almost no effect on this build.

Both of your trees are bad. You waste a lot of nodes and get crappy Int with that. And to compensate for low Int you waste even more nodes to get ES and damage separately. But Int gives you both damage and ES. 10 Int is better than 10% damage. All %ES nodes that are not already in the main path are useless. 1500 Int = 300% inc ES.

Ok, i will play around with the tree again to see what i can get. Thanks!
I have an Alien pet.
Just to reiterate what's been said earlier in this thread and so I understand correctly, self-cast as an Inquisitor is actually slightly more dps than CwC? I'm going to switch my pizza sticks build over to this as I'm not a fan of the totem play style.

Also, I know Astramentis provides better stats overall, but would using an Eye of Chayula be an option for stun immunity at first instead of pathing all the way down to Unwavering Stance?
"
TheChAiN wrote:
Just to reiterate what's been said earlier in this thread and so I understand correctly, self-cast as an Inquisitor is actually slightly more dps than CwC? I'm going to switch my pizza sticks build over to this as I'm not a fan of the totem play style.

Also, I know Astramentis provides better stats overall, but would using an Eye of Chayula be an option for stun immunity at first instead of pathing all the way down to Unwavering Stance?

No, 5 skill points will not compensate for such massive loss of Int. See Q&A.
i have around 200c to spend, is it the build viable for shaper/uber atziri with like no quality gems etc? and i dont see any update using sr at the front page..
id like to talk about it in game (WarchiefStarter)
and what ascendancy should i pick?
"
odayodie wrote:
i have around 200c to spend, is it the build viable for shaper/uber atziri with like no quality gems etc? and i dont see any update using sr at the front page..
id like to talk about it in game (WarchiefStarter)
and what ascendancy should i pick?

With no quality gems it will be harder but doable.

The Inquisitor does more DPS with self-cast than with SR-CwC, that's why it was not updated to CwC like the other versions.

Ascendancy is in the top post.
So i wanne try this build as my first hc build this league. Is templar the best choise? Also going ci that early isn't that hard to lvl?
Hi everyone,

I'm really new here and I am an absolute beginner to this game, I played for round about one week now. I played a lot of Diablo3 in the past and also a lot of Diablo2 long long ago, so I know this kind of game in general. The more I play and read about PoE, the more I start getting addicted to it.
So far so good.

Chosing the Templar was an absolutly random decision and for now I'm pretty satisfied with it. I checked the forums and found this Ice Storm CI build which sounded very nice to me (at first, without any idea how it really works) The Leveling guide section is well written and a good step by step description, also for beginners, thanks for that, good work.

I think, meanwhile I come to a point, where I have to become familiar with in-depth game mechanics and here it starts to become a little more complicated. I'm at Merciless Act3 now and I do tons of damage, but have some problems with surviving.
The main question I have, is about the funtionality of ability and support gems. You described very well, how to use The Whispering Ice and which gems to use and how they work. But the section of using other gems and how they work, is not so beginner friendly. I know this is no beginners guide and I dont want you to change that, but I wanted to ask you and anybody else here, where can I find a good overview of the functionaliy of the most important and most popular gem/support gem combinations. Like Warlords Mark/Blasphemy.
At the moment it is difficult for me, to see what is good for what. That tremendous amount of gems and their combinations is a little overwhelming. What is Cwdt or Fortify good for? Which support gems should I use for Leap or Orb of Storms?
I know it costs a lot of time and work to make my way to the deep endgame, but perhaps you guys can help me out with some of your most important weblinks.

Thanks a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info