[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

I agree with your global picture of the ED world after 3.0.

Probably, for the first time, I will not start a league playing ED. I'm tempted by another build idea to stack currencies pretty fast and then deploy a lowlife ED Ascendant when all the key items are in place (especially Shavs, Presence of Chayula and a well rolled spirit shield, which should be the most expensive piece of gear to get).
I think I will ditch my ED character quite early this time around. Maybe just push up to 90 fast and build a little economy before trying out other stuff, then potentially return to it. It was very comfortable to do the new acts as MoM, and with just a few items I got from a friend I had 4k EHP at level 55 when I went into it. Trickster is amazing with the now 70% recovery rate, but ED does feel a bit more "meh" now. No poison/decay variance feels really bad.
HI. What support gem to use as the 6th link, besides empower 4?
These days it is either decay or empower. Even though we can get a decay weapon, socketing decay isn't THAT bad, as it allows us to use a better weapon or a unique like Breath of the Council.

Other than that there is just utility gems like pierce, GMP, faster casting or inc. duration to socket. None of these really do anything for us though.
Now that I have cleared the game with my ED char in HHC, I have started updating my guide for 3.0. This is a full rewrite, since the flexibility of ED is long gone. Poke me if there is something you feel is missing from the guide!
Thanks for keeping up with the guide! I'm leveling up a character using this now, and it's fun & effective so far.
Are you going to upload guardians/shaper videos for 3.0?
I did have recordings of the fights, but then I started balancing my gear to use Allelopathy as well. Gonna have to re-record the fights, as the DPS difference is mind-boggling. There is also the fact that Shaper is pretty scary as a life based character on hardcore, so I am not sure if I will do him again before I have my 40 challenges.

EDIT: nvm, Shaper is fun. Uploading all Guardian kills + Shaper now.
Last edited by Nedieth on Sep 20, 2017, 5:01:24 PM
Damn, the DPS with Allelopathy is really good! How about going LL with the same setup? Do you think its going to be even better with killing bosses?
The problem with going LL is that it reqs a full 3L extra. This means you need to drop something, most likely the movement skill or parts of the contagion link somehow. Shaper can be a bit risky with my current setup, as well as guardians with damage mods. To be honest I find it very hard to justify going LL atm, especially considering the cost. For a LL character, I would most likely reroll Occultist and go pure Blight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info