[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

As Trickster you NEED Zealot's Oath. If you feel you can't spare the points yet, at least get a Sorrow of the Divine unique flask. Once you have ZO, ED Trickster gets extremely tanky in breaches.

@mapa, I am going to assume you are talking about what gems I use to reserve life to go LL. I use Blood Magic > Discipline > Clarity. Level Clarity as high as your HP pool will allow.
Im lvl 62 at the moment but at lvl 74 i should have the mandatory nodes after that i guess its up to me what i want either more damage or es
Do you have a tree for occultist?
the Occultist is effectively the same as the Trickster tree. Will update the passive tree section tomorrow due to a lot of questions about it.
So im playing CI Occultist, and I have the boot enchant ".5% of damage leeched as life and mana if you've killed recently". I was hoping this would fix my mana issue, but it doesnt gain any mana from that effect, I assume because all the ed damage is degen...? Am I doing it wrong or something? I've seen some posts mentioning that this enchant fixed their mana issues but I cant seem to get it to work.

Thanks for any input!
"
DonkeyBoy wrote:
So im playing CI Occultist, and I have the boot enchant ".5% of damage leeched as life and mana if you've killed recently". I was hoping this would fix my mana issue, but it doesnt gain any mana from that effect, I assume because all the ed damage is degen...? Am I doing it wrong or something? I've seen some posts mentioning that this enchant fixed their mana issues but I cant seem to get it to work.

Thanks for any input!

i was expecting the same thing when i farmed that enchant yesterday after buying brinerot whalers. i think the initial hit of ED does leech mana but its a small difference.

"
Abek wrote:
"
DonkeyBoy wrote:

Thanks for any input!

i was expecting the same thing when i farmed that enchant yesterday after buying brinerot whalers. i think the initial hit of ED does leech mana but its a small difference.

Can someone confirm this?

I've also been farming uber lab with hope to get the leech on boots! ;_;

Meanwhile I still run around with a mana flask and 110% mana regen on my items.
Yes, the ED will only leech from the initial hit of the skill. Abyssal Cry on the other hand deals "pretty good" initial damage, and functions as a nice way to refill the mana.

As CI, you will have to use decay as long as you go for dual curse + discipline setup. This means you can cast ED a lot less than in a poison setup and don't rely as heavily on being able to chain cast. On the ED character I had in Breach league I stuck with CI until I died, and never felt the need to use a mana flask on top of my leech enchant + mana regen on gear (had % regen on a ring and shield). If you still feel the CI version is too starved on mana, you should try to push for LL or grab the sovereignty aura cluster.

EDIT: checked out the actual gear I had. Got a decay wand with +4 mana on kill at the end, just used a ring with % mana regen then. Was just fine on bosses as well with just 1 regen item on a 6L
Last edited by Nedieth on Mar 20, 2017, 9:22:54 AM
"
Nedieth wrote:
Yes, the ED will only leech from the initial hit of the skill. Abyssal Cry on the other hand deals "pretty good" initial damage, and functions as a nice way to refill the mana.

As CI, you will have to use decay as long as you go for dual curse + discipline setup. This means you can cast ED a lot less than in a poison setup and don't rely as heavily on being able to chain cast. On the ED character I had in Breach league I stuck with CI until I died, and never felt the need to use a mana flask on top of my leech enchant + mana regen on gear (had % regen on a ring and shield). If you still feel the CI version is too starved on mana, you should try to push for LL or grab the sovereignty aura cluster.

EDIT: checked out the actual gear I had. Got a decay wand with +4 mana on kill at the end, just used a ring with % mana regen then. Was just fine on bosses as well with just 1 regen item on a 6L

Ok, thanks for the answer OP!

hey guys I'm not sure what upgrade to aim for next. Is witchfire brew worth grabbing without a tri curse setup? 70% increased dot seems good and im not using any unique flasks atm.

I can still run dual blasphemy and discipline without heretics veil. Maybe i should save up for skin of the loyal since i dont have a 6L. Although the right colors seems very expensive. I havent seen one on poe trade.

also, what are some baseline stats for uber lab? my gear is mediocre but i have 10k es and 16k ed dot with pierce gem. Im afraid my damage will be too low for uber lab so i havent done it yet. should i get quality gems first? 20/20 gems is probably my biggest upgrade but also the hardest to reasonably get.

any tips or input is appreciated. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info