[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

I'm currently following the CI version of this build and it feels really great, but I have a question about weapon upgrades. I am currently using a wand with 122% inc spell damage and my 5th link is Poison instead of pierce/slower proj (because its GREAT for bosses)

should I get a Consuming dark or go straight to a decay wand? I'm in softcore so I'm wondering if I should sacrifice even more spell damage and dual wield consuming dark and a decay dagger. My spread (non-poisoned) ED has trouble with some magic packs in lower tier maps (currently level 78) and I only have tempchains and Enfeeble on blasphemy right now since I lack a +1 curse item. my gear has somewhat low ES right now so I can get 1-shot by various things without enfeeble so I can't swap it out with vuln to help with dpsing the magic mobs.

Any thoughts on weapon upgrades? I've got quite a few ex saved up
Last edited by hushpuppi3 on Dec 18, 2016, 3:29:40 PM
@hushpuppi3: Dual wielding is a strong option for ultra endgame. For t15 and below a decay wand/dagger is more than enough to deal with anything. My advice would be to get a decay weapon, and then use a shield until the rest of your gear is extremely strong. You should use abyssal cry to help on the tanky blue packs. The decay helps a lot in killing the first one, and then the abyssal cry deals with the rest of them.

When it comes to curses, just running two defensive curses is just fine. Once again the third curse is an option for the very late game, and you don't need to consider that just yet.

@kiwikiller: I have very little issues with chimera and phoenix. Minotaur can get a bit annoying if he decide to burrow a lot, as we cannot really facetank him at all. Hydra is the worse one in my opinion, as we just have to apply ED, keep wither totem alive and wait her out.
"
Nedieth wrote:
@hushpuppi3: Dual wielding is a strong option for ultra endgame. For t15 and below a decay wand/dagger is more than enough to deal with anything. My advice would be to get a decay weapon, and then use a shield until the rest of your gear is extremely strong. You should use abyssal cry to help on the tanky blue packs. The decay helps a lot in killing the first one, and then the abyssal cry deals with the rest of them.

I spent the day upgrading my equipment and I've now got 9.2k es (without Shade Form and I sacrificed about 150es on the shield for 83% spell damage) and an Eye of Chayula. My current plan for 3rd curse is to get a +1 curse eye of chayula and a witchfire brew, which is probably going to be my final upgrade since a +1 curse chayula is expensive as hell.

should I just get an essence of delirium and roll a wand? they are going around for less than decay wands are on poe.trade. If so, what base? Is there any benefit in choosing Tornado over Prophecy? Attacks per second don't affect any of my skills afaik
Hi once again, is my helm enchant ok or should i try for better?
Thanks again.
@hush: If you want to maximize your spell damage, you should go for an ilvl 84 Opal Wand. It has the highest implicit spell damage.

@EDMOSES: I would go for temp. chains/enfeeble curse effect, contagion radius or ED damage. I have yet to be able to hit one of those personally though.
I actually just got this for 60c

I also bought this for like 5c and decided to corrupt it and got a pretty sweet implicit

I also run poison instead of slower projectiles or pierce because the single target damage is immense
Last edited by hushpuppi3 on Dec 19, 2016, 5:20:27 PM
"
hushpuppi3 wrote:
I actually just got this for 60c

I also bought this for like 5c and decided to corrupt it and got a pretty sweet implicit

I also run poison instead of slower projectiles or pierce because the single target damage is immense

Ohhh baby! I bought this for 100c
May RNGesus be with you!
Is the occulist better than trickster for boss farming, like uber atziri, uber lab, shaper?
I think I just have to say straight up yes on that one. without the frenzy charges or things to kill (recently) the trickster simply falls short of occultist.
I've made both, leveled them both to 80+, and I'd have to say for mapping I 100% prefer the trickster. It's so much faster and feels more smooth for mapping. The occulist does feel a bit better for bosses, but terribly slow for mapping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info