[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Do you guys find a +1 curse to be worth dropping Clear Mind jewel?
Is there any other 6l ed color combo like bbgggr or something. Skin of the loyal is stupid cheap if it doesn't have bbb. Or what gems with empower would you use as 5l rggbb efficacy or controlled destruction?
Last edited by Noctide on Jan 10, 2018, 7:36:25 PM
What about flask do you recommend something from uniques?
@Rebel, interesting twist. Even though I personally hate it, I'm happy that you were able to turn the build into something you like.

@Gabz, I always run with Temporal Chains, so I have not used Clear Mind in my build at all yet. Clear Mind became an option with the introduction of Impresence. I am currently taking a little break from Abyss, but I will most likely make another ED character to try out some of the new options be have once I am done with other games.

@Noctide, there is just one possible gem setup for the build. Anything else will result in 40-45% less DPS. If you NEED to drop one of the supports for some reason, just check their values at level 20 on the wiki. We only get pure DPS from them, so it is pretty straight forward what to choose.

@NCmply, I have used Rumi's and Witchfire Brew some in the past. Both of them are very strong for the build in their own way. I would not use more than 1 unique flask though, as I feel that we need 4 of the suffixes magic flasks provide.
I tried switching to clear mind yesterday. Giving up the plus one curse and speccing into more damage. Even at what was still 7.8k EHP from MOM, it was uncomfortable to say the least. I only gave up 400 EHP making the switch and gained about 40k damage overall with the gem and skill point swap. But Temp Chains makes such a big difference even in SC unless you like taking XP penalty from dying.

I think a plus one curse imprescence is in my near future.
Hey mate, thanks for the awesome guide!

I've recently started playing SSF and I was lucky enough to get Breath of the Council with 98% chaos dmg, so I've started leveling my Trickster. I'm having trouble getting Allelopathy, so my single target is so-so atm, but I'm hopeful with every Chance Orb i get ;)

Could you take a look at my SSF gear and suggest upgrades? Currently it's looking teribad, but I'm focusing on gearing up fast.

ATM I feel very squishy, as with my setup I only have 4% reduction with Tabula. Because of that I'm thinking of dropping Withcfire Brew & points in Whispers of Doom, because I'm not comfortable with getting close enough to a boss to use the potion.

I've also not been able to get my hands on Empower yet. I've been using Decay in its place for now, to help out with single target damage. Is it a good approach to this issue, before I'm lucky enough to drop one Empower myself?

EDIT: I've just farmed a corrupted amulet through Div cards, and I've landed a decent one - with increased spell damage and additional curse. So I guess I'll keep Witchfire Brew, but I've freed up 4 passive points.
Last edited by viray on Jan 13, 2018, 2:41:25 AM
I'll just sum up stuff quickly as a few pointers:

Decay is currently very weak, and I would look into getting a 5L instead. At the start of a league, I usually look for an ilvl 72+ Carnal Armour at the start of a league. You should be able to find a 6S one and just link it. It should help a bit with your survival.

Master crafts on gear is important. Remember that both mana and life are prefixes and can be crafted on almost all gear. If you have one of them, you can most likely craft the other.

Carnage heart does nothing for ED. We don't leech, we regenerate (Check ED tooltip). The +1 curse amulet is much better for you.

You feel very squishy as you have absolutely no mitigation. Most builds can feel somewhat safe with no mitigation, as they can leech both mana and life. ED relies exclusively on regeneration, and needs layered defense to feel good. Swap out your second life flask for a Jade Flask at the very least. This in combination with your Stibnite should push you towards 7-10k evasion, which is something at least. If you also use the smoke cloud from the Stibnite to blind more stationary targets, you will be able to feel a bit more tanky.
Thanks. Carnage Heart was just an item I've thrown to meet str requirements for a minute, I'm running with +1 curse amulet now.

What about the abyss jewels, are they a better option than normal ones? I didn't see it mentioned in the original post.
Abyss jewels are pretty useless for an ED build. There is just 1 stat on them that gives us an unconditional damage increase. They are very nice considering the flat life and mana, but I would get traditional jewels with % life + % spell/chaos/DoT
I would get a different chest than tabula. 6 link is the least important thing. Would run 4 link evasion piece until you found a 5 link evasion. or get 1500 fuse

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info