Mechanical Questions Thread

How does the syndicate encounter work?

I played like 30 hours in the past two days just to get a 3 star Hollick in transportation so I can +28 quality my weapon. but so far everything seems so random.

sometimes cards(or members) move for no reason to different divisions whenever I click their card on the ground.

I thought the next highest-ranking member will become the division captain when I run the hideout. However, I've seen members from different divisions become the hideout captain on the hideout I just ran.

my question is as follows. Is there a way to accurately, carefully, and intentionally make Hillock or any other members to become a 3-star hideout captain that does not rely on rng.

Thank you for your time in reading this post.
hi. i have a question about the new ,,Killed Enemies Explode, dealing 3% of their Life as Physical Damage,, mod on crusader chests.
does this work with minions like holy relics?
can someone try it out if they pop? because it sounds like a global mod.
would be really helpfull if someone could take the time for that =)

Quick clarification sought:

When a passive gives me "Enemies have -15% to Total Physical Damage Reduction against your hits", is that an absolute reduction, or a relative?

In other words: if an enemy normally has 60% reduction against my physical damage, does this passive turn that into 60-15=45% (absolute reduction) or 60*0.85=51% (relative reduction)?
"
Kuroyukihime wrote:
should the ilvl 85 crusader mod "enemies killed explode, dealing 3% of their life as physical damage" work with mines?

and if it should, it does not work ingame

It was reported quite a few times that this affix is currently bugged. It should work, as Sporeguard's explosions trigger when using traps and mines, and the wording is exactly the same.

"
xGLYDERWORMx wrote:
hi. i have a question about the new ,,Killed Enemies Explode, dealing 3% of their Life as Physical Damage,, mod on crusader chests.
does this work with minions like holy relics?
can someone try it out if they pop? because it sounds like a global mod.
would be really helpfull if someone could take the time for that =)

No, it will not work for minions. Minions are allies, not "you". It has to be you who performed the kill.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Jan 5, 2020, 8:28:16 PM
I have "The Stampede" boots in methamorph league With the Anointing enchantment that gives +1 max resistance charges but neither the character sheet or the graphics show this, is just like the enchantment doesn´t exist.
I think this has been asked before but I dont find answer in the search function.

So here goes.

With vaal skills, you get soulgain prevention timer, how to prolong the timer as much as you can and what skill is the best for doing it?

The reason is to abuse as much as u can the crafts what gives "x amount of y when you have soul gain prevention" it would be the opposite way of making the build rely on vaal skills than most try to get max charges and lowest possible timer.

im not expert on these things so if you could add a list of skill gems / passives / gear / flasks that increase the soul gain prevention timer.

Thanks in advance

-Das
"
StreeTWinD wrote:
Quick clarification sought:

When a passive gives me "Enemies have -15% to Total Physical Damage Reduction against your hits", is that an absolute reduction, or a relative?

In other words: if an enemy normally has 60% reduction against my physical damage, does this passive turn that into 60-15=45% (absolute reduction) or 60*0.85=51% (relative reduction)?
It's an absolute reduction. -15% to total PDR turns 60% into 45%.
"
dabomba wrote:
I think this has been asked before but I dont find answer in the search function.

So here goes.

With vaal skills, you get soulgain prevention timer, how to prolong the timer as much as you can and what skill is the best for doing it?

The reason is to abuse as much as u can the crafts what gives "x amount of y when you have soul gain prevention" it would be the opposite way of making the build rely on vaal skills than most try to get max charges and lowest possible timer.

im not expert on these things so if you could add a list of skill gems / passives / gear / flasks that increase the soul gain prevention timer.

Thanks in advance

-Das
Vaal Breach applies Soul Gain Prevention for 40 seconds, but it's expensive, takes a long time to charge, is slow to cast (over a second), and the mobs it spawns can be nasty if you're in a boss arena and can't just run away from them. Here is a list of all Vaal skills. Look through it and pick one with a long SGP duration. If the skill itself has a duration (Vaal Breach does not), you can extend SGP by using e.g. Increased Duration Support.

I have a question of my own: when unveiling weapons, does the weapon type influence which mods can be unveiled? I don't mean prefix/suffix or mods exclusive to a Syndicate member, I mean e.g. I've had someone ask for only wands and daggers, claiming the increased Chaos damage/Chaos skill increased duration mod only appears on them. But the wiki says nothing, poedb.tw says nothing, the crafting bench itself just says "unveiling weapons", and in fact there's a two-handed version of the craftable mod, so I really doubt it would be exclusive to one-handed weapon types.
Nevermind
Last edited by Shafirion on Jan 8, 2020, 7:00:33 AM
"
dabomba wrote:

So here goes.

Thanks in advance

-Das

Every Vaal skill says "Modifiers to Skill Effect Duration also apply to this Skill's Soul Gain Prevention".
Duration + Vaal Skills url above.

"
ekaye wrote:
It's an absolute reduction. -15% to total PDR turns 60% into 45%.

Do you have any proof links? I mean its not "absolute reduction" as i know. According to 3.9 patch notes it relates to monster's armour. So it can be % of monster's armour -> % damage increase will be different and depends on armour/damage ratio.
Last edited by loadinggood on Jan 8, 2020, 12:34:07 PM
I like discovering PoE but sometimes it goes too far.
Today i learned that Willowgift Evasion Buff does not work with Fortitude (Champion).
And i don't know at all is it a bug or intended behavior.
You can say its "Fortify Buffs you create instead grant 30% more Evasion Rating". And u like... "You have Fortify" from Fortitude. You just have it. You do not creates it and some sh*t. But it doesn't make any sense for me.

Any info?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info