[3.6] [HC-SC] [10 Blades] Tankster Crit BV MoM Fake Poison Build [Damage from 1,5 mi DPS]

"
samlzy1993 wrote:
Sweet, thanks for the update. Which is better overall, Decay or Vile Toxins?

I do not know, these gems have not yet been made available. But the PoB now is calculating the damage based on the flat damage and the news I have to give is not very encouraging, it seems that the poison damage has fallen to at least half of what it was before. But I think the program is not properly calculating poison damage. It seems that regardless of the number of BV stacks, it is not updating the damage.

It is the old poison value to Critical Version (level 91):
5L L19 gems no quality (no Corpri's Will), no buffs, common gear (Maligaro's Virtuosity, Divinarius, Shield with 70% crit spell, 1 Ming's Heart, Rustic Sash 18% phys).
155k dps

It is the new poison value, with 5 stack to Critical Version (level 91):
5L L19 gems no quality (no Corpri's Will), no buffs, common gear (Maligaro's Virtuosity, Divinarius, Shield with 70% crit spell, 1 Ming's Heart, Rustic Sash 18% phys).
16k dps, 716 poison dps

It is the new poison value, with 20 stack to Critical Version (level 91):
86k dps, 716 poison dps

Probably these values are not correct, it is very likely that the value of 716 is for 1 stack.

If PoB is not really calculating correctly, simply multiply the 716 x 20 = 14320

The real damage for the new poison value, with 20 stack to Critical Version (level 91),
83k dps + 14k = 97k, yes, poison nerfed, 50k less of damage. For this calculation I still switched the Increased AoE by Void Manipulation.

It is very likely that Vile Toxins (using it instead Void Manipulation) can get more damage, with 49% more poison damage + 5 x 9 (45% more poison damage). Maybe close to 110K.

edit 1: Perfect Agony is a shit
edit 2: I think that the poison damage shown on the PoB is correct, if really it is correct, poison is dead to this build. :/

Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Jun 10, 2017, 9:14:16 AM
After failing with a Puncture bow build (I was not getting past the Kitava boss), now I'm playing with this build, I'm seriously suspicious that the poison there showing in PoB is wrong. Obviously it must have suffered a nerf, but not as much as it shows in PoB. I'll give feedback as I move forward, Act 3 now.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Jun 11, 2017, 9:02:38 PM
"
After failing with a Puncture bow build (I was not getting past the Kitava boss), now I'm playing with this build, I'm seriously suspicious that the poison there showing in PoB is wrong. Obviously it must have suffered a nerf, but not as much as it shows in PoB. I'll give feedback as I move forward, Act 3 now.

That's good to hear. Is it doing different damage than what is shown in POB?

Also I thought that 3.0 would bring buffs to DOT, instead of poison nerfs? :(

EDIT: never mind I forgot about the removal of double-dipping, forget my last question
Last edited by samlzy1993 on Jun 12, 2017, 12:07:18 AM
Now the PoB is calculating correctly, but apparently the best gem skill to use in 5L (removing IAoE) is Void Manipulation. Vile Toxins seems to be even better than Void Manipulation, but PoB does not yet calculate the 9 possible stacks, ie in practice it is possible 9 x 5 = 45 more damage.

To know exactly when is the value that Vile Toxins provides, I did a pseudo-simulation by editing and adding in an item this possible 45% more damage with hits.

All is 5L L19 gems no quality (no Corpri's Will - BV + Added Chaos + Poison + Spell Echo), no buffs, common gear (Maligaro's Virtuosity, Divinarius, Shield with 70% crit spell, 1 Ming's Heart, Rustic Sash 18% phys), no Pefect Agony (is a shit for this build).

Using Vile Toxins with pseudo-simulation:
"
It is very likely that Vile Toxins (using it instead Void Manipulation) can get more damage, with 49% more poison damage + 5 x 9 (45% more poison damage). Maybe close to 110K.

111k dps

Using Efficacy:

Using Void Manipulation:

91500 dps

Using Lesser Poison:

Using Decay:

Using Deadly Ailments:

Conclusion: Poison was nerfed but you can still use it. Vile Toxins is a great gem to use from now on, removing IAoE to try to approach the previous damage.
Guides made by me:
"

Conclusion: Poison was nerfed but you can still use it. Vile Toxins is a great gem to use from now on, removing IAoE to try to approach the previous damage.

With Cospri's Will, can you try 5linking BV - Spell Echo - Void Manipulation - Added Chaos -Vile Toxins?
"
samlzy1993 wrote:
"

With Cospri's Will, can you try 5linking BV - Spell Echo - Void Manipulation - Added Chaos -Vile Toxins?

Certainly. Or Efficacy support.

--------------------

Oh boys, I updated the beta client and did not play, had to go to work earlier today.

But I just read (as I have not yet seen) in reddit that the description of BV has been updated in this patch and that is exactly the same as the new description of Flameblast:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6hkqpn/flameblast_stages_no_longer_affect_decay/

x% more damage with hits and ailments for each stage.

Ailments = poison, bleed and ignite

If this is true it is a great buff for this build, since it had lost more than 50K of damage (poison damage) due to nerfs. Now it remains to know how much damage will be currently, if anyone has the screen with the BV after patch to post I will be grateful, only the night I can see (in 10 hours).
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Jun 16, 2017, 11:15:45 AM
Level 55, 4L (BV, Echo, Poison, Added Chaos), 20 stacks:

With Vile Toxins instead Added Chaos the PoB show that the damage is greater.
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Jun 16, 2017, 8:05:02 PM
"
Level 55, 4L (BV, Echo, Poison, Added Chaos), 20 stacks:

With Vile Toxins instead Added Chaos the PoB show that the damage is greater.

Is Vile Toxins a green or red gem? I sunk in chromes until I had 2G2B1R because I thought it was a red gem :(
It is green:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1911278
Guides made by me:
The PoB made a major update on the mechanics of DoT and now the application calculates the damage better.

Using Vile Toxins the damage now is 119k.

I did a test and removing spell echo the damage is increased, with 20 stacks, including poison. The problem is that without echo spell is more complicated to get the 20 stacks, even using only Faster Casting.

It would help a bit the poison damage if echo spell only had "10% less spell damage" instead of "10% less damage", which affects all damage, including DoT.
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Jun 18, 2017, 9:42:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info