Deadeye/Berserker Low Life Voltaxic Spark/Vaal Spark

"
Arviû wrote:
Did 2 more uber runs.

Here is a video of the third run.

That is awesome! Which specific tweaks did you add for running Uber compared to what I have in my guide?
Nobody else has mentioned it but I noticed a small error, in the section of the leveling guide it says to use a Reverberation rod at 22, it can't be equipped until 24.
For flasks:
You can see every flask I use for uber in the video, I've been thinking a lot about what kind of bases to use at which fight and I ended up pretty happy with the way it is now. Some flasks could use better prefixes though (see my avengers granite flask - "perpetual" would probably have prevented the death in the run that I uploaded)

For gear:
The gear is pretty similar to what you are using. Victarios is an obvious choice, the Vertex is really nice aswell. Voltaxic/Drillneck/Shavs are a nobrainer.

I use Steppan Eard instead of Rainbowstrides, since I don't need the res (unless I'm running Ele weakness maps, but I have some Rainbowstrides laying around for that) and can do without the mana.

The biggest difference is that I use Dream Fragments. With dream fragments and some mana nodes I can sustain a 6L spark for pretty long and don't get any problems if I kite. This lets me drop the mana flask for another utility flask. On top of that Dream Fragments offers Freeze Immunity.

The other ring, belt and gloves are just rare to cap res and get some ES.

For the tree
This is where our builds vary the most.
In my original draft I went down to Unwavering and up to Ele Overload. Unwavering is the first thing that I dropped (or rather: never specced) because the amount of points needed does not justify the benefit, esp. since I would lose the Eva that I already have and (where applicable) the Grace effect from a support.
The second change I made on the fly was ignoring the Witch area left of Arcane focus, i.e. I only picked up the ES from the right starting branch of the Witch but nothing else there, thus losing a lot of ES, some mana, castspeed and most importantly Ele Overload.

I am VP/GR, this was planned right from the start and was never an option to drop.

Some minor difference between your tree and mine are that I ignored all charges (except Kraityn in merciless) since even the frenzy charge in the shadow area seems like too much of a stretch to me.
With all the saved points I picked up Growth and Decay, Crackling Speed and the jewel socket behind the scion mana nodes.
There a few more minor differences that don't really seem noteworthy to me:

I did not tweak the build at all for uber, except for getting different flasks for each boss fight. The exact same build is what I use for mapping.

A Note on Curses
Curses would make Atziri/Uber a lot easier. Getting smth. like TempChains-Blasphemy would not only increase DPS by increasing poison duration but also let me dodge everything a lot easier. However, I'd need to swap around some nodes for mana reservation nodes, maybe run a mana reservation jewel etc. I'd also need to drop AA. Since I've been mostly duo with a curse/aura support build, I decided to completly ignore curses for the build though.
If you know you will be playing solo / without a curser though, I'd recommend getting a Blasphemy setup.
"
eqmuraj2 wrote:
Nobody else has mentioned it but I noticed a small error, in the section of the leveling guide it says to use a Reverberation rod at 22, it can't be equipped until 24.

Thanks for catching that, I will fix it now. Probably took a guess when writing that section and seems I was incorrect. Cheers!
"
Arviû wrote:
For flasks:
You can see every flask I use for uber in the video, I've been thinking a lot about what kind of bases to use at which fight and I ended up pretty happy with the way it is now. Some flasks could use better prefixes though (see my avengers granite flask - "perpetual" would probably have prevented the death in the run that I uploaded)

For gear:
The gear is pretty similar to what you are using. Victarios is an obvious choice, the Vertex is really nice aswell. Voltaxic/Drillneck/Shavs are a nobrainer.

I use Steppan Eard instead of Rainbowstrides, since I don't need the res (unless I'm running Ele weakness maps, but I have some Rainbowstrides laying around for that) and can do without the mana.

The biggest difference is that I use Dream Fragments. With dream fragments and some mana nodes I can sustain a 6L spark for pretty long and don't get any problems if I kite. This lets me drop the mana flask for another utility flask. On top of that Dream Fragments offers Freeze Immunity.

The other ring, belt and gloves are just rare to cap res and get some ES.

For the tree
This is where our builds vary the most.
In my original draft I went down to Unwavering and up to Ele Overload. Unwavering is the first thing that I dropped (or rather: never specced) because the amount of points needed does not justify the benefit, esp. since I would lose the Eva that I already have and (where applicable) the Grace effect from a support.
The second change I made on the fly was ignoring the Witch area left of Arcane focus, i.e. I only picked up the ES from the right starting branch of the Witch but nothing else there, thus losing a lot of ES, some mana, castspeed and most importantly Ele Overload.

I am VP/GR, this was planned right from the start and was never an option to drop.

Some minor difference between your tree and mine are that I ignored all charges (except Kraityn in merciless) since even the frenzy charge in the shadow area seems like too much of a stretch to me.
With all the saved points I picked up Growth and Decay, Crackling Speed and the jewel socket behind the scion mana nodes.
There a few more minor differences that don't really seem noteworthy to me:

I did not tweak the build at all for uber, except for getting different flasks for each boss fight. The exact same build is what I use for mapping.

A Note on Curses
Curses would make Atziri/Uber a lot easier. Getting smth. like TempChains-Blasphemy would not only increase DPS by increasing poison duration but also let me dodge everything a lot easier. However, I'd need to swap around some nodes for mana reservation nodes, maybe run a mana reservation jewel etc. I'd also need to drop AA. Since I've been mostly duo with a curse/aura support build, I decided to completly ignore curses for the build though.
If you know you will be playing solo / without a curser though, I'd recommend getting a Blasphemy setup.

Thank you for sharing! Some interesting differences. I did land on Vaal Pact/Ghost Reaver in my final build.

Currently level 71 running through all the Strand maps I saved up with no problems. Did you mention your jewels anywhere? I didn't see jewels mentioned other than Energy From Within and Sacrificial Harvest.

Any gem/gear changes you'd recommend for me? My character page is public if you want to see my tree as well. I have a Drillneck stashed, I'm just using the Soul Strike until I get all my ES nodes.
Last edited by Radagastt on Apr 24, 2016, 3:54:17 AM
"
Radagastt wrote:

Currently level 71 running through all the Strand maps I saved up with no problems. Did you mention your jewels anywhere? I didn't see jewels mentioned other than Energy From Within and Sacrificial Harvest.

Any gem/gear changes you'd recommend for me? My character page is public if you want to see my tree as well. I have a Drillneck stashed, I'm just using the Soul Strike until I get all my ES nodes.

I'd suggest that you get the jewel socket for energy from within asap, it offers a really nice boost to ES.
You can also use an Eldritch Knowledge jewel in the socket connected to the scion spell dmg nodes (the one with Glyph Glisten in it right now). IIRC it is 22% Chaos dmg, which is pretty good (remember that chaos dmg > spell dmg, since it double dips with poison).

I personally use only rare jewels + energy from within, since rare jewels are the most versatile ones. They can grant you really high dmg, proj speed, ES, mana, mana regen or resists.

I'd also suggest to grab Nullification in the Shadow Area, the node is really great. 10% ES is obviously good, the 8% Res is sweet, Life is a little bit wasted, but allows for a higher lvled clarity (yours is only level 7?) and Eva is just the cherry on top, since it scales the Evasion gained from The Vertex.

Your gear looks great, can you craft something on Brimstone Band though? Some mana would probably be helpful already. (Given you have a Lvl 7 elreon so you don't brick the ring with a mana roll)
Maybe try out Dream Fragements if you feel like it.
Arviu has the correct explanation. I can add a quick section on Jewels for clarification :)
Thank you guys.

I crafted 31 max mana on the two-stone ring like you suggested. I'll look into the nodes you suggested as I level.

Last edited by Radagastt on Apr 24, 2016, 3:05:19 PM
Getting like 1 shot everytime, there is anything to do? (level 88)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info