[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

based on the skill tree the life will around 3400, and if add all +life items + 15% ... will add +1000 ... still ... I think this build for 3.0 will have low life ... I don't know about the other players what they think about this...

Also, the life leech is not high ... I have 4.x ... but I keep dying!
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Jakezillah wrote:
@say_ten,

loving the build and having a load of fun with it, wondering if you could quickly check me out and see if it looks like im heading in the right direction with gear/tree etc would be much appreciated to get your opinion on it.

no problem...you just need to go into your privacy options and uncheck the box that says "hide all characters"

Done now bud,

Thanks
"
MarvixYo wrote:
based on the skill tree the life will around 3400, and if add all +life items + 15% ... will add +1000 ... still ... I think this build for 3.0 will have low life ... I don't know about the other players what they think about this...

Also, the life leech is not high ... I have 4.x ... but I keep dying!

First off, I'm telling you from experience...not using some calculator or guessing...that you can easily reach 5000+ life.

Secondly, the ONLY piece of gear you have with a good life roll is your left unset ring (+70). You need to get better gear.

Last night I ran a guy through Uber lab and just sat in front of Izaro the entire time.

You will also need to learn to play better and use flasks if you aren't doing that already. I see all your flasks are life flasks. Not going to cut it. Read my flask guide. Everything you need is cheap and/or you can find it by killing random mobs.

Send me a message in game. I probably have free upgrades for you.
"
Jakezillah wrote:

Done now bud,

Thanks

If you want to upgrade your claws, you can do so pretty cheaply. Search for these minimum stats 1.75aps, 7.3 crit chance, 240pdps. You will need claws that are life-on-hit based (or life and mana on hit --> twin/gemini claw). Anything with crit multi or an open suffix to craft crit multi is a plus.

Amulet is pretty shitty for endgame but you probably need the INT. Figure out how much INT you need, search for an amulet with: INT (minimum whatever that one is giving you), 60 life and 20 crit multi. Flat phys that is 3-7 or higher is a bonus (same goes for open prefix since you can craft that). Resists, same thing. You can play with the stats as needed to keep resists capped.

Your left unset ring is pretty good, might be worth spending the scour and 4x to upgrade the crafted life. But check what you can buy for 4c first.

Your right unset ring doesn't have enough life on it but has decent resists...but I would replace it because...

Your boots kinda suck. The max movement speed is good but you can find boots with more life and/or two resists. This alleviates some of the bullshit mentioned above when trying to cap resists. Boots are usually a good spot for resists because all the other suffixes blow.

Gloves have a low life roll but all other stats are pretty decent, so you could put that upgrade off for a bit.

Belt you could find something better than that for cheap.

Flasks: Buy an atziri's promise and swap it for the ruby flask. If you really need the bismuth one, then ok, otherwise good a good basalt flask. Stibnite is fine for the overall purpose but I generally go with a granite because the BoR gives you Blind, which is what the smoke cloud does.

Tree: looks fine overall. You could easily grab coldhearted calculation, which would fix your INT issue as mentioned above, at least temporarily. If you ditch the leech nodes under the duelist area, you can take the rest of the claw wheel, which you'd be better off doing in my opinion...but if you want both, that's fine too.

Any more questions, let me know and/or find me in game.
Hey,

Long time lurker here.I'm absolutely loving the build. Haven't played in years, decided to jump in with your build, and have been buzz-sawing ever since. Gotten to a point where I can handle myself in uber-lab but am also at a point where it's difficult to upgrade (it seems like everything is a trade-off now). Would love your opinion on where I should focus my efforts. I'm around 5.4k life, 110k dual strike dps (fully buffed), and resistances are all in the very low 100s for overcap. Armor and EVA have really suffered though (like 8% mitigation and 26% evasion chance). E-shield is non-existent. Once again, great job with this and thanks in advance!
"
DFortinbras wrote:
Hey,

Long time lurker here.I'm absolutely loving the build. Haven't played in years, decided to jump in with your build, and have been buzz-sawing ever since. Gotten to a point where I can handle myself in uber-lab but am also at a point where it's difficult to upgrade (it seems like everything is a trade-off now). Would love your opinion on where I should focus my efforts. I'm around 5.4k life, 110k dual strike dps (fully buffed), and resistances are all in the very low 100s for overcap. Armor and EVA have really suffered though (like 8% mitigation and 26% evasion chance). E-shield is non-existent. Once again, great job with this and thanks in advance!

I would focus on a belt, gloves and amulet. The belt should be an easy/cheap upgrade in terms of staying about the same total max life but picking up more resists so you can worry less about resists in other places.

Your gloves actually blow. No offense. Pun intended. Life is good, but get flat phys and attack speed with that.

Amulet is also pretty shitty. If you can find resists on your belt and maybe some more on gloves, you could go full DPS amulet (high phys roll, life, crit chance, crit multi, INT). Getting all of those at once may be expensive and I would go for crit multi over crit chance.

Lastly, it should be pretty easy to upgrade your weapons. Particularly your main hand weapon, since the base crit is...base. Check through my last couple of posts to see some minimum stats you should look for to wipe the floor with everything.

Eventually you should get boots with better movement speed and a lot more life, but I tried to list the things you should change in order of importance right now.

Hit me up in game if you need more help. I'm also on Discord if talking is better. Good luck!
Last edited by Say_Ten on Aug 23, 2017, 3:20:53 PM
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Jakezillah wrote:

Done now bud,

Thanks

If you want to upgrade your claws, you can do so pretty cheaply. Search for these minimum stats 1.75aps, 7.3 crit chance, 240pdps. You will need claws that are life-on-hit based (or life and mana on hit --> twin/gemini claw). Anything with crit multi or an open suffix to craft crit multi is a plus.

Amulet is pretty shitty for endgame but you probably need the INT. Figure out how much INT you need, search for an amulet with: INT (minimum whatever that one is giving you), 60 life and 20 crit multi. Flat phys that is 3-7 or higher is a bonus (same goes for open prefix since you can craft that). Resists, same thing. You can play with the stats as needed to keep resists capped.

Your left unset ring is pretty good, might be worth spending the scour and 4x to upgrade the crafted life. But check what you can buy for 4c first.

Your right unset ring doesn't have enough life on it but has decent resists...but I would replace it because...

Your boots kinda suck. The max movement speed is good but you can find boots with more life and/or two resists. This alleviates some of the bullshit mentioned above when trying to cap resists. Boots are usually a good spot for resists because all the other suffixes blow.

Gloves have a low life roll but all other stats are pretty decent, so you could put that upgrade off for a bit.

Belt you could find something better than that for cheap.

Flasks: Buy an atziri's promise and swap it for the ruby flask. If you really need the bismuth one, then ok, otherwise good a good basalt flask. Stibnite is fine for the overall purpose but I generally go with a granite because the BoR gives you Blind, which is what the smoke cloud does.

Tree: looks fine overall. You could easily grab coldhearted calculation, which would fix your INT issue as mentioned above, at least temporarily. If you ditch the leech nodes under the duelist area, you can take the rest of the claw wheel, which you'd be better off doing in my opinion...but if you want both, that's fine too.

Any more questions, let me know and/or find me in game.

Massively appreciate the help and advice, opened my eyes to things i thought were fine! Going to have a look at the tree just now as you are correct with the amulet the only reason i havent swapped it yet is because i need the INT from it.

Thanks for everything mate I'll come back again soon when i get some upgrades.

"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
gunfromsako wrote:
Well i just grabbed a new gemini claw today that added a decent chunk. 237 on my gemini and 279 on my imperial with another 77 ele. I also picked up a better BoR but not as good as yours by a long shot. Definitely need to work on my jewels/amu/gloves and my boots are decent. Sitting with auras up im around 55k DPS, with flasks and blood rage im around 80K... Ive been handling T8 maps decent depending on the map/boss but dont think i can go much farther than that without better gear. I will say this is a very satisfying build to play, as i like to smash shit :)

fellow smasher of shit,

thank you. your BoR is on par with my current one in Harbinger. Less life but more AR/EVA.

you need more life. you can craft life on the left ring. you can easily find way better gloves than that. same goes for the amulet. do you know how to search for stuff on poe.trade?

hit me up in game if you want help.

Yeah i do ive just been broke AF farming maps as i can. Which finally paid off, found a one handed axe that was really good and could of been better if i had the balls to anul...lol. Sold it for 2 ex so now i can finally buy some gear. And ive also been working on another character so thats taken up some time, Ill probably look for gloves/rings/amu this weekend as have a full time job limits me a bit. Nevertheless thanks for this build, it was my first build technically as the last time i played PoE i didnt stay long, but this confuckery of face smashing has kept me here and opened me up to making my own build, so thanks man.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
DFortinbras wrote:
Hey,

I would focus on a belt, gloves and amulet. The belt should be an easy/cheap upgrade in terms of staying about the same total max life but picking up more resists so you can worry less about resists in other places.

Your gloves actually blow. No offense. Pun intended. Life is good, but get flat phys and attack speed with that.

Amulet is also pretty shitty. If you can find resists on your belt and maybe some more on gloves, you could go full DPS amulet (high phys roll, life, crit chance, crit multi, INT). Getting all of those at once may be expensive and I would go for crit multi over crit chance.

Lastly, it should be pretty easy to upgrade your weapons. Particularly your main hand weapon, since the base crit is...base. Check through my last couple of posts to see some minimum stats you should look for to wipe the floor with everything.

Eventually you should get boots with better movement speed and a lot more life, but I tried to list the things you should change in order of importance right now.

Hit me up in game if you need more help. I'm also on Discord if talking is better. Good luck!

Thanks a ton, bud! I knew the gloves were crap but didn't know how to go about replacing them. All the pieces of gear supported each other a bit. Got replacement belt and gloves. Just saving up for an amulet. Thanks again!
thanks for the write up. I wanted to play something similar to the dual strike build i had back in perandus (RIP abyssus nerfs) and this is what i was looking for.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info