[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

For those new unique claws, would you recommend using dual wielding two of them or just using one and using a different claw?
"
Silvedl wrote:
What kind of end-game content are you capable of clearing with this build? I am following it and just getting into Tier 5/6 maps, I still haven't gotten a Bringer of Rain because I need to find some good 4L gloves/boots so I can set up all my gems correctly. I am nearly level 85, and Have only been able to solo merc labs once, I am assuming once I get the helmet that everything will be a little bit easier to survive in.

Helmet is a huge DPS boost...yes, it will make things easier.

I am currently soloing T12s-T14s to level...about half way to 94 right now.
"
MechanLord wrote:
For those new unique claws, would you recommend using dual wielding two of them or just using one and using a different claw?

Use two to start because they are cheap and great.

Then when you eventually upgrade, you can use one and one or get two upgrades at the same time.

You also technically wouldn't want to make your Lightning Strike gem q20 until you ditch the unique claws since the chain on them is awesome and projectiles that pierce can't chain. I leveled two LS gems this league for that reason.
Could you add more information on levelling using the build?
I didn't realise I could buy the main 2 attack gems from vendors in early levels so I was using viper strike for ages.

Also, maybe a list of useful uniques to use whilst levelling such as Lakishu's Blade and Blackheart rings.

What I'm trying to say is try to make this a bit more noob/returning player friendly. As I've not played in ages I've forgotten a lot about previous stuff so it would help to be given that knowledge.
"
Rivanex wrote:
Could you add more information on levelling using the build?
I didn't realise I could buy the main 2 attack gems from vendors in early levels so I was using viper strike for ages.

Also, maybe a list of useful uniques to use whilst levelling such as Lakishu's Blade and Blackheart rings.

What I'm trying to say is try to make this a bit more noob/returning player friendly. As I've not played in ages I've forgotten a lot about previous stuff so it would help to be given that knowledge.

Your command is my wish. Give me a bit as I am at work but I can do this later.
main post updated with a bit more info on leveling, including a couple of gear recommendations.

also added a new screen shot of DPS

will post a video of "Janitor Mode" soon
Hey man, first of all: really great build!

I'm currently leveling this (lvl 59 atm) and it's a lot of fun. I was just wondering in which order you picked the assassin-nodes. I'm pretty new to the shadow and can't decide which would make more sense for the first 2 points. Ambush or Unstable Infusion?

Bandits: The goal of the build seems to be to have each type of charge as often as possible (BoR, Unstable Infusion, Blood Rage, Assassin's Mark), if i've understood correctly. So wouldn't it be nice to get a additional Power or Endurance Charge from Alira or Oak instead of the Frenzy Charge from Kraityn because you already got 2 additional Frenzy Charges from two nodes in the Passive Tree?

Would love to get some feedback. :)

cheers.

Last edited by mephi6163 on Oct 14, 2016, 8:58:16 AM
"
mephi6163 wrote:
Hey man, first of all: really great build!

I'm currently leveling this (lvl 59 atm) and it's a lot of fun. I was just wondering in which order you picked the assassin-nodes. I'm pretty new to the shadow and can't decide which would make more sense for the first 2 points. Ambush or Unstable Infusion?

Bandits: The goal of the build seems to be to have each type of charge as often as possible (BoR, Unstable Infusion, Blood Rage, Assassin's Mark), if i've understood correctly. So wouldn't it be nice to get a additional Power or Endurance Charge from Alira or Oak instead of the Frenzy Charge from Kraityn because you already got 2 additional Frenzy Charges from two nodes in the Passive Tree?

Would love to get some feedback. :)

cheers.

Thanks for the feedback!

Go for the crit stuff first, power charge stuff last.

The endurance charges don't show up often enough TBH, especially now that BoR is nerfed. I go with frenzy because the attack speed keeps me alive and I still get damage out of it. The power charge would be an equally good option but keep in mind for either scenario that there are maps you will run that you may not have one type or the other, such as vulnerability (annoying to use Blood Rage) curse or hexproof (can't use assassin's mark). Really your call.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Oct 14, 2016, 4:17:16 PM
Thanks for the answer!

I decided to gor for the Power Charge. with Unstable Infusion i don't even need assassin's mark to get Power Charges, so i'm always on max Power Charges. I will see if this works in Endgame. If not i will reset the Bandit Reward :D

Cheers!
"
mephi6163 wrote:
Thanks for the answer!

I decided to gor for the Power Charge. with Unstable Infusion i don't even need assassin's mark to get Power Charges, so i'm always on max Power Charges. I will see if this works in Endgame. If not i will reset the Bandit Reward :D

Cheers!

I find that even in hexproof maps, I will get enough power charges to notice it. The CoH just keeps it up constantly. Let me know how it works out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info