[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

/
Last edited by bjornharx on Aug 2, 2018, 5:52:42 AM
First of all, thanks for this great build. Im at lvl 7x now and it works like a charm.

As suggested i just bought 2 gemini claws instead of Wasp Nest. but the dps (ingame and path of building) is a lot lower and i don't understand why.

when using:

I get around 70k dmg with DS unbuffed.

when using:

I only get around 40k.

Can anyone explain why? When checking the Weapons the Gemini have around 100 total dps more...

Thanks!
"
But the dps (ingame and path of building) is a lot lower and i don't understand why. Can anyone explain why?

This build's damage is based on physical damage. As you can see your gemini claws have a lower physical damage than the wasp nest's..that's why your dps dropped so much
Last edited by eXorse on Apr 9, 2018, 7:00:40 AM
thanks everyone for helping each other, as i was playing a bit this weekend and away from the forum (funny enough when i'm playing, i usually don't get on here).

also thanks to smokerhell for kicking some serious ass and really pushing the limits

for people that are complaining about melee AOE and range and clear speed, you really need to get LS with pierce. before GGG nerfed it (in my opinion) you would get it from % quality. LS on open maps is the fastest you can clear anything short of a crit ranger with multi-chaining projectiles that one shots everything off screen.

its a little sad they nerfed AOe in general. Reave use to be able to off screen too. melee splash at 20/20 was really nice. might and influence now just helps us leech off multiple monsters and gets rid of annoying enemies that you aren't trying to hit but are getting in the way.

i should really post some new videos showing how you can use all the different skills and why each one is better.
"
SmokerHell wrote:
Uber Elder Video, enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xWmQ7My6d4

Combat notes:
1) Pantheon: Solaris and Yugul (for 5% cold reduction)
2) Must Have: Kaom's Roots for stun immune and Bloodseeker for facetanking
3) Purity of Ice and Arctic Armor (need enlighten lvl 4)
4) Best variant enchant on boots - 10% penetration, helmet - Hatred / Arctic Armor / Purity of Ice mana reservation (this will allow you to use a curse, i prefer punishment, but i dont have enchant)
5) Vigilant Strike better than Fortify
6) I think, for next kill i'll drop CWDT Setup and run with:
Helmet: Enlighten 4 - Hatred - Purity of Ice - Arctic Armor
Chest: Dual strike (or Reave) setup, i think reave maybe good vs portals
Gloves: Frost Blades (but probably Reave), FB look very weak vs portals
Weapon 1: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic
Weapon 2: Ancestral Protector / Punishment - Blood Rage - Vigilant Strike

Smoker i'm surprised you still have some of the gear you do. You could have more damage (max flat phys alone would just about match the melee damage on shaper's touch, plus up to 16% attack speed, plus more accuracy) and more life if you swap to rare gloves. Unless you have multiple pairs.

Your right ring could be better but maybe with kaom's roots you're strapped for resists.

did you look for a starkonja's with a better enchant?

also you could swap to a bubbling divine life flask but you'd lose the surgeon's prefix

lastly, might as well exalt that jewel you have near the scion life wheel if you've gone this far
Last edited by Say_Ten on Apr 9, 2018, 9:49:27 AM
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Smoker i'm surprised you still have some of the gear you do. You could have more damage (max flat phys alone would just about match the melee damage on shaper's touch, plus up to 16% attack speed, plus more accuracy) and more life if you swap to rare gloves. Unless you have multiple pairs.

Your right ring could be better but maybe with kaom's roots you're strapped for resists.

did you look for a starkonja's with a better enchant?

also you could swap to a bubbling divine life flask but you'd lose the surgeon's prefix

lastly, might as well exalt that jewel you have near the scion life wheel if you've gone this far

It's simple, this gear is enough for uber elder. Life flask with surgeon just for uber elder.
Ofc i can change gloves, claw, rings, amulet, jewel with hatred buffs and belt for better, but its too expensive. For example: spiked gloves with same dps like shaper's touch in PoB (t1 attack speed, t1 life, t1 flat phys or t1 accuracy) 10+ ex, in the same time shaper's touch 15c + enchant ...

p.s. Fcking uber, 3 kills = 3 rings :(
Last edited by SmokerHell on Apr 10, 2018, 6:28:59 AM
"
eXorse wrote:
"
But the dps (ingame and path of building) is a lot lower and i don't understand why. Can anyone explain why?

This build's damage is based on physical damage. As you can see your gemini claws have a lower physical damage than the wasp nest's..that's why your dps dropped so much

Thanks for your answer, makes sense.. :D
So I am going to buy new weapons, is there any andvantage in using wasp nest (or another unique claw) as second weapon? If not I'll try to find two good rare claws, gemini or imperial.

Thanks again!
"
"
eXorse wrote:
"

Thanks for your answer, makes sense.. :D
So I am going to buy new weapons, is there any andvantage in using wasp nest (or another unique claw) as second weapon? If not I'll try to find two good rare claws, gemini or imperial.

Thanks again!

Just buy Bloodseeker in off-hand, its top endgame weapon
Finally, I reached the 500K damage.

Got my Taste of Hate flask and a decent unset ring.
Now I think it's time to start farming Uber Lab for those enchants.
Best case scenario I'll have 2 BoR with 40% DS Damage and LS pierce.

I did a few just to test it and I can do quite easily Izaro fight.

Some other things to do:

- Unset Ring with Vaal Haste
- 2 Claws > 280pdps
- Better Amulet / Gloves
"
julianlazare wrote:
Finally, I reached the 500K damage.

Got my Taste of Hate flask and a decent unset ring.
Now I think it's time to start farming Uber Lab for those enchants.
Best case scenario I'll have 2 BoR with 40% DS Damage and LS pierce.

I did a few just to test it and I can do quite easily Izaro fight.

Some other things to do:

- Unset Ring with Vaal Haste
- 2 Claws > 280pdps
- Better Amulet / Gloves

Nice! Keep in mind that you can get a much better boot enchant too. leech, regen, attack speed, etc.
I'd almost do that before you start spamming helm enchants. Probably same with gloves. Reflection, spite, fury or (i think) ire are the best ones.

Make sure you buy twice enchanted before each run because it'll be way more efficient.

You can get another 4%-5% physical damage pretty cheaply by buying a better rolled Might and Influence

Up to you if you want to exalt your jewels or try to find better ones for cheap than 1ex...but i wouldn't worry about that now.

your gloves and amulet are totally fine TBH.

unless you need the 8% resist all, i would refund nullification and the EVA/ES node so when you hit 91 you can take Strong Arm.

for claws, i wouldn't bother...what you have is pretty good, especially if you're hitting 500k. so unless you can get something that's high crit, high attack speed and 300pdps or more, i would dedicate currency toward trying to 6L a belly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info