Summon Stone Golem

Im trying to negate a bit of Blood Rage with the Stone Golem life regen but the stone golem isn't regening my life at all. Anyone know whats up?
Trued the new elementalist with dual iron cold point.

The hp regen is too low, died on a t14 map with no mods and 89% damage reduction to a physical attack (7k hp). (Also, steel skin)

The new elemental shield (I got 2,8k) is not enough to prevent deaths from "random explosions". Only resistances close to 90% worth it.

The golems are too slow. Only playable with a very expensive 7link helmet (few mirrors, if you found one for sale) and they seems to be good only against bosses and with low mobility (delve, blight).
Your post in the 'X' thread has been removed for breaching the following clauses of the Code of Conduct:

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic
Summoning the Golem got a fair chance to not summon the Golem at all, but still trigger the cooldown. Seeing how this can happen 2 or 3 times on row I estimate it fails about half the time.
It's seem summon stone golems have a little bit fixed delay after using slam. Attack do not continue even summon stone golems have alot of Attack speed.

please check it
Last edited by BearArt on Aug 13, 2021, 12:38:46 AM
What is the purpose of the 6 second cooldown when it's irrelevant to the golem ascendancy. It only makes builds with other ascendancies really annoying.

The range at which you can summon the golem should be increased.
I currently have a 1.32 cooldown on slam. 2.88 attacks per sec (1.38secs for 4 attacks), with Awakened Multi. Based on that, I would expect that slam should be up on all golems all the time, if not at very least 95% of the time. When its down to a single monster this is the case once they get themselves straightened out.

However, while moving (or with more than one monster) I'm seeing almost always 1-2/5 golems using basic attack. This part I can sort of understand since I may be interrupting the current slam attack and now its on cooldown.

What's worse though is using convocation. This skill helps to corral your damage source to where you actually want it (ie: rares or uniques). This just does not work. Golems seem to have a very wonky targeting prioritization. When I convocate, at least 2-3/5 will always barrel roll off the screen (because its considered an attack and is affected by Multistrike). The remaining golems will move off to attack anything but the rare, thus leaving me at the mercy of the only thing you actually want to kill first.

Yes, Predator is a thing, but in high density situations it just isn't viable to use. There's just too much going on to target the one monster in the pack of 50.

I thought golems, or most minions, would prioritize the closest monsters, but this certainly isn't the case with stone golems. Sometimes I have to use convocate 5-6 times before the one rare is dead, because there's always one monster half a screen away they all run off to kill before finally attacking where I'm convocating them.

Over the past 3-4 leagues, it just seems like the skill has gotten worse, in regards to targetting and the use of slam.

The roll skill needs to have a larger cooldown than slam, so it doesn't get used as much, or at very least, remove its interaction with multistrike.
Last edited by Marcel1258 on Sep 10, 2022, 4:52:31 PM
The Stone Golem's roll ability being multistrike-able hinders my enjoyment of the minion.

I've been playing as a Champion, using a Primordial Chain with mostly Primordial Harmony jewels and a +2 minion Perfidy chest with Dread and War banners, to become a Stone Golem summoner. It's actually been one of my best self-made builds, and PoB states I may have around 10 million damage, which feels like enough to semi-trivialize t16 guardians and normal bosses.

Mapping is one of the sore spots, as previously stated the Golems like to wander beyond nearby monsters to target those farther away, and often end up rolling 3 times offscreen, removing a large amount of damage-upkeep time. This triple roll is greatly magnified during campaign under a fresh start, as their slow attack speed can take up to 2-3 seconds before they come back, sometimes having the roll come off cooldown and start rolling back the other way. Another problem is they seem to be locked into the roll multistrike as when I convocate them back they continue rolling a time or two.

I will be league-starting Champion Stone Golems for 3.23 as I feel they are strong enough to look past the poor ai, but I do hope they get a pass/ looked at in the near future, along with the other Golem gems. I had fun with an Occultist Chaos Golems character using Primordial Chain and focusing on their glacial chaos cascade ability, but I felt the damage was harder to scale along with poorer defenses compared to the Champion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info