January Development Update

Though I WILL add on that I do state that an AH would not be a good fit for PoE... But for a different reason than most would assume.

Simply put? Different games have different trading problems. Auction Houses solve some of those problems, but would not solve any problems PoE has for gear trading. PoE has some of the OPPOSITE problems (that is, too many people selling and no one willing to buy) that an AH would do little to alleviate.

AHs work to make focus on making it easier on the seller, to convince them to put up their items for sale, and make buyers do more work. (by having to bid against each other, seek stuff out themselves, etc.)

Path of Exile has perhaps too many players selling stuff, and often trying to sell stuff that is absolute garbage; a rough wild guess is that we probably have a few million items for sale in each challenge league's shops, which is VASTLY more than the entire playerbase will ever have need of buying.

The game badly needs much more powerful trading tools (including a format for offline, "buy it now" trading) but an AH would not fix that.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
YES at last they are adding Auction House :D
Runslingan! The Power Of ~^S.W.E.D.E.N^~
does this mean I'll stop dying to lag and drivers crash sometime in the near futures?
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812
Optimization.
Hype!!!!!!
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
So soon....! Shuch game much future. I love it.
"
Runslingan wrote:
YES at last they are adding Auction House :D

Auction House Hype!
"
mindfreakk wrote:
Not at all hyped about the trade "improvement". Having a better online flag on a 3rd party website is really going to improve our trading experiences... And yes an AH(ingame) would improve your trading system, cause you know, we already have it(poe.trade) but it's out of game.

People buy all the mirrors and top items first and repost on poe.trade for so much more... You guys miss the VOC video? In game something is mandatory. Other AH failed due to pay to win, this is not that game. People may not use that excuse any more.

Anyways the "news" is a huge improvement. It gives GGG a bigger platform and enviroment to work with. If you ever wanted anything from GGG, you have better chances getting it now.

I've been playing since closed beta in back in 2010. It is 2016. You got my support still but, I am still waiting for the "create a league option" and some other things not worth mentioning in this format.

Things worth mentioning and getting some HYPE:

Zana costs are... nuff said there.

I'm level 40 for example in act 1 cruel, and level 55 at most by act 1 merciless. Cruel is sad. Sad from a game making standpoint in general. Sad for anyone that has ever made more than 4 characters. This is the biggest things that makes players play diablo3 and other games. There are 50+ zones in each difficulty. You guys could balance it out quickly in 2 difficulties. Put the skill points from cruel in the boss fights(why is it not so now...) and WAH LAH! Shit would make sense right!?? O.o

Last edited by drakelucas on Jan 27, 2016, 3:00:18 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:25:31 PM
I am actually interested with the gear on the that picture :) It looks cool.
first march weekend would fit with my holidays. but i predict a delay anyways.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info