[2.1 Video Guide] Dual Elemental Siege Ballista Build 2x 40k+ DPS [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for putting this build up.
I used it as a guide and it worked like a charm, even though I later on re-skilled the points you put in the shadow nodes and went for the duelist instead, for slightly more life and IR. (I feel like a set amount of armor is more reliable then dodging here and there, since you tend to not get hit by a lot since were using totems.)

For the people that do not want to use two siege ballista setups for single and multi target: Use a Rain of Splinters Jewel for a juicy + 2 projectiles. Compared to LMP or GMP we do not get to suffer from LESS damage and the 30-40% REDUCED damage wont effect you much, and with proper positioning of your totems the AOE is fair enough.

With the additional sockets I went for Vaal Lightning Trap with GMP, Multi Trap and increased duration for +50% damage through shocked ground (even tho we are probably doing a really good amount of lightning damage, we wont shock bosses consistently.), so deal even more damage against bosses than you would do with your single target setup.

For anyone wondering, this is my current build.
Last edited by Yan on Jan 9, 2016, 9:48:26 PM
Heya all,
First of, thank you Nerd for this build im currently lvl 81 in HC Talisman and its going great!

I recently started playing POE again after a long break and i have a question, i just found a bow
and i think its pretty ok for this build, however, i lose 200dps when i change from my old bow but its only the Phys part that is "worse" on the new. Can some one explain to me why my dps is lower with the new bow?

My old bow:

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Im stupid, attack speed... Im used to playing games where Attacks/seconds is shown (lower number = good)...

:D
Last edited by Themasterpuppet on Jan 10, 2016, 4:25:17 PM
"
Heya all,
First of, thank you Nerd for this build im currently lvl 81 in HC Talisman and its going great!

I recently started playing POE again after a long break and i have a question, i just found a bow
and i think its pretty ok for this build, however, i lose 200dps when i change from my old bow but its only the Phys part that is "worse" on the new. Can some one explain to me why my dps is lower with the new bow?

My old bow:

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Im stupid, attack speed... Im used to playing games where Attacks/seconds is shown (lower number = good)...

:D

Yea attack speed makes a very big difference in terms of DPS for this build =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Thanks for the build!
am a casual self found player

found this 6l bow. its just of ilevel69.
should i chaos it, or just make do with it.
am still able to master craft + elemental dmg% or flat dmg to it.
"
azurelite wrote:
Thanks for the build!
am a casual self found player

found this 6l bow. its just of ilevel69.
should i chaos it, or just make do with it.
am still able to master craft + elemental dmg% or flat dmg to it.

You definitely want more flat elemental damage rolls on that one. Get some attack speed as well :)
Hi, love this build, finnally got somewhat decent gear and a cheap corrupted drillneck.

Just one question:
Is there a reason why you use slower projectiles instead of fater projectiles? the damage% are equal and i like the faster playstyle better. also quality would mean more attack speed vs more damage.

thx for the work you've put into this build
"
bongo86 wrote:
Hi, love this build, finnally got somewhat decent gear and a cheap corrupted drillneck.

Just one question:
Is there a reason why you use slower projectiles instead of fater projectiles? the damage% are equal and i like the faster playstyle better. also quality would mean more attack speed vs more damage.

thx for the work you've put into this build

Faster Projectiles adds "INCREASED" damage. Slower Projectiles adds a multiplier of "MORE" damage. Thus Slower projectiles is much stronger :)
Thanks for this build! Used it to reach level 90 this league and ended up with (frenzy buffed) 20k dps on the GMP totems and 24k single target dps with 4,400 life. I really enjoyed this character, and I recommend the build to anyone starting out.
Is the .05 APS on a Thicket really better than then WED on an Imperial?
Would taking Kraityn in merciless for 8% attack speed be a bad idea? And if I'm playing on talisman-standard, could I get away with taking some points off life nodes and maybe spreading them to the ranger start nodes for increased attack speed and projectile damage? Something like this

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAOygIZ_KXA5aTOptdbj29J6iaYEO-gBg8GFZ7w4MJ-ehvnkGHykrxs7c-X7BLV4PM_gqbtcDjPC3YvcM6hMXGroNfNZIZiiSLEMzE9pcG-wkPq_6HcqnEovbaFr97IPcyrKqVyLvj35gajyaV-JN82VnzJyH-umJaYeIaOHIP_gl9dVVLkFWUb3GFZp4B0dN-jDYnL2ZUVyn60ljlAF5URzrYRtcXLxZvwxMqExmOpr4yiWTnJKrjalor7YOexHflVdY26aPyCC5d8lfigKTtILaGgpvhc5Z0ogDwHwSz8kU64aZX

Edit: Also, is it definitive that Rain Of Splinters > GMP/LMP? Being reduced damage and not less seems like it would help DPS a lot, and it seems like the gem slot you would gain would outweigh the loss of a jewel.

Edit2: Also what about taking the 4 life nodes from scion start instead of the mana nodes, and the sanctity notable, then using the additional regeneration to run blood rage? Would that be stupid?
Last edited by Orcusorc on Jan 16, 2016, 9:40:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info