Map Changes in 2.0.4

"
BarneyRubble wrote:
This is all so funny. Years ago I played closed beta. When the game went live (open Beta) everything changed for the worse. Tons of people complained Chris wouldn't listen to valid suggestions. The GGG response was "this is not a game for casual players" (of course they were more than happy to cash the checks of casual players. I left some time ago (yrs). I came back when I heard they had finally dealt with desync (after yrs claiming it was a feature).

I see the basic philosophy has not changed however. If I am to believe what I read there are around 100 People with a lvl 100. How many total people play POE? I dont know. What I do know is that is a tiny fraction of players with lvl 100 char.

IMHO Chris while apparently a decent businessman is off his tree with the mustn't make lvl 100 obsession.

I had multiple lvl 99 char in D2. Everyone that played had lvl 99 chars in D2. Hell you could make lvl 80 in a day doing cow lvls. That is not a problem here. I will most likely never go above 90 if I make it that far in POE. I am a casual player. Do not be afraid Chris the casuals will never get 100.

lmao at the everyone that played d2 had lvl 99 chars. That is a bullshit lie. at a casual player rate and knowing d2. you would have to play 24/7 pretty much with a full party all the time to get from 95 and up. I know people who never botted and actually played the game who did hit 99. and it is not for casual play. even 4000 baal runs will get you from 98 to 99. any real player would know it was not easy unless you bot in d2. hell i did 4000 baal runs in d2 in one ladder season and only got to around 95. people who bot are the ones who say its easy back in d2. actually right now it is easier to hit lvl 90 is probably around hitting lvl 93-95 at best. they both are eaven actually if maps were more sustainable it would be easier in poe to hit 100 then it would be to hit 99 in d2. Solo play even in d2 would make it nearly impossible to get to 99 by yourself. you need full parties for the xp bonus. That is also the case here for poe. Group play its the reason xp bonus for having more players yes its harder thats the trade off. and this game isnt finished yet, it will need to be rebalanced everytime they do added higher content or another act will allow players to hit level 100. It is easer now then before if you can afford it. end game shouldn't be bought. there just needs to be a balance. If players are able to play more of the content that is there higher maps and allow them to drop to run them then you will get to 100. It is about being consistant not dying. if you spend all your time spending currancy on gear you will have less time in a league to do it.

For casual players should play standard it is there for the long term of the game and should not complain about getting it in a few months that is what it should be for the dedicated ones who have time. with more and more content comming out it will make it easier. That means it has to be balanced.

Either way a end game system needs to be consistant and balanced. For the ones who say casual players should hit level 100 go strive for it and stay in standard and don't complain about not reaching it in a new league or even core game hitting end level in a dedicated more hardcore playing game shouldn't ever strive to hit level 100.

AGAIN THE GAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT FUN THAT IS THE REASON TO PLAY A GAME NOT TO JUST GET TO LEVEL 100. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE FUN PLAYING IT THERE IS NO POINT. IF THERE IS FUN WHILE PLAYING IT AND BEING ABLE TO RUN THE MAPS YOU CAN MORE AND HAVE THEM FALL MORE THEN YOU WILL LEVEL AND HAVE FUN DOING IT
rawrawr
"
Phish wrote:

AGAIN THE GAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT FUN THAT IS THE REASON TO PLAY A GAME NOT TO JUST GET TO LEVEL 100. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE FUN PLAYING IT THERE IS NO POINT. IF THERE IS FUN WHILE PLAYING IT AND BEING ABLE TO RUN THE MAPS YOU CAN MORE AND HAVE THEM FALL MORE THEN YOU WILL LEVEL AND HAVE FUN DOING IT

In arpgs most of the fun comes from seeing your chars progression (getting higher levels or getting better gear). Just clicking one or two buttons countless times over and over again will be not able to produce any fun on it's own.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Map Levels are now Tiers
There are 15 tiers of maps, from level 68 to 82 inclusive. We've struggled for ages with the confusion caused by this. Players expect to play maps of their level (which can be way too hard for them), or make arguments about that they're level 95+ and can't find a level 80 map. Players with backgrounds in contemporary MMORPGs expect to play content equivalent to their level.

In order to resolve this confusion, maps now display a tier rather than a level. The level can easily be calculated. Tier 1 is level 68 (or level 66 if it's an old map graphic).

Sorry Chris but this is completely stupid. Instead of fixing anything you just rename it? High level players don't want to run low level maps all the time. Now that they are not called low level maps anymore but low tier maps you expect us to enjoy them? I'm really sorry but I'm completely honest when I say that this is the most stupid thing I ever came across in my more than 20 years of gaming. /facepalm

Are you having trouble reading? He says right there the change is to make it easier for newer players to UNDERSTAND the map system and to squash the false assumption between player level and monster level.

In most ARPGs the player should be or is forced to be in zones close to their own level. PoE doesn't follow this rule as there could be other motives to be playing a lesser zone (MF, Sac Farming, Challenges etc etc) The change is meant to clear the false pretense that that a level 95 player shouldn't be in a level 80 map, when in fact this is perfectly fine.
Prophecy @ WizKid - 94 BV Pathfinder
Prophecy @ SmackDown - 93 TS Assassin
Essence @ Wallbang - 93 Crit Lacerate Elementalist
Breach @ GodoftheBreach - 94 BF Inquisitor
Legacy @ BradPitt - 92 LL Ele Wander Inquisitor
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Phish wrote:

In arpgs most of the fun comes from seeing your chars progression (getting higher levels or getting better gear). Just clicking one or two buttons countless times over and over again will be not able to produce any fun on it's own.

Ya you do that with farming going through the game, but if you dont have fun playing the game there is no fun. If you can't do the higher content there is no point in leveling to a high level.

To progress is with time meaning farming/grinding content to trade or find better gear, but if you can't play higher content, because it is based of rng and you run around low content, because it wont fall is not being able to progress anywhere.

Having fun clicking one or two buttons is like any other game and any game will have that. Only difference is the fun to it. If there is no fun to play then no reason to play it at all.

it all works hand in hand. Playing a game to have fun will progress you farther then not at all. If you have fun playing a game then you will play more. Having the ability to access higher maps for your current chr ability or gear will get you farther. It is not simple just giving exp away to just level your character up. If you dont have the gear to run it. that is why you grind and farm for currancy or items. Correct? Then the real problem was the map drop rate. Having a system rely on rng is stupid.

Having fun to play again to repitition and wanting to grind either solo or with friends is the point of anygame again click button games lol that is any game that requires you to do on any system that requires either a mouse keyboard or a consule controller, so overall if you get sick of just pressing buttons then you have your own problems.

yes leveling is important and seeing your character grow and again you can't do that if you can't even get the maps to fall. how can you level if you can't even get maps.

Most players are complaining about the 100 level and the map drop well it goes hand in hand. If you increase the drops, so players can play them and if the players farm and grind for gear to get better, so they can survive in higher maps or content then it works out and keeps a flow of an even pace. Again hand in hand. If the experience is lower, but your able to get what you need to play harder content either by gear or by content then it will even itself out. It is what balance means. This game lacks balance for end game map system. Balance and having the consistancy to play the game will keep players there. Having fun and making sure your players are happy and they enjoy the game is first.

I play this game to have fun and to play with friends who also enjoy it, but with a end game map system that relies on rng is just starting to stress us out and push us away from the game. I know to many people who quit or stop for that reason, because it makes no sense to play a game where the end game system fails. very few people i know is left playing, because it is fun to a certain point and everyone i talk to says the same thing. Maps and not being able to sustain them.
rawrawr
"
joebagz wrote:

In most ARPGs the player should be or is forced to be in zones close to their own level. PoE doesn't follow this rule as there could be other motives to be playing a lesser zone (MF, Sac Farming, Challenges etc etc)

The ugly truth is that there is only one real reason to play low level maps: high level maps don't drop.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
666lol666, +1
More maps. Yay! Cant wait.

Now the feedback on map tiers vs map levels should be pretty clear going through the comments in this thread. Not to late to change your minds and just keep the map levels. Tiers are utterly pointless and will just confuse the crap out of everyone.

Guess its time to run my high level maps I saved for the XP while I can. Going on the path. Peace
"
666lol666 wrote:
The ugly truth is that there is only one real reason to play low level maps: high level maps don't drop.
Casually casual.

so....

because the no-lifer 1% of the community is making level 100 too quickly it's going to become even harder for players logging in realistic hours?

so....

basically if you aren't a no-lifer, don't even bother trying anymore to hit 100 in league. sounds...fun.

every game has extremist players that log insane hours, i just don't get the logic of making the majority of the community suffer for it.

what will be the point to play high map now if they dont give xp? it will be the same to play 75-76 maps at the moment. Its kind off a loop.

Useless change imo
Glowing green mouse cursor plz.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info